Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Not to derail the discussion (which I read even if I don't reply ;)):

Oh God, I'm still dreading that monologue.

I'm looking forward to new episodes and seeing more Sid and Sheldon and Adam and Angell--but I simply dread having to endure that monologue.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, I think that's a big part of the problem. Everyone thinks she's awesome and great even when she's clearly not. That really grates. Both Danny and Stella have forgiven her for shitty behavior, sometimes when she hasn't even apologized. If people got on her case about being self-centered and selfish, I think I could stomach her a little better. But no matter what a brat she is, people make allowances for her. I don't like that when it happens in real life, and I don't like it for characters on television.

3. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

I completely agree with a lot of the things everyone in this thread has said. Everyone acts like Lindsay is so freaking perfect and it's really annoying. If the writers had given her some intentional flaws, maybe I'd like her. But no, she's just an angel who has had really bad stuff happen to her. Vomit. And don't even get me started on the Danny/Lindsay relationship. Could they have made it any more obvious that she was brought in to be Danny's love interest? I could tell from her first episode. It has all played out like a really bad fanfiction. And now I just want Lindsay to go away. Or at the very least, have Danny break up with her. Unfortunately, if he does we'll probably have to hear Lindsay whine about it for the next three episodes. Ugh! I have never found a character on a TV show that annoys me half as much as Lindsay.

4. Top41

I agree with every word of this post. I'm hoping that when/if Danny breaks up with her, he actually calls her out on her noxious self-centered behavior, but I kind of doubt he will. And that's the problem--the fact that like you said, her flaws aren't intentional. It's damn annoying. I think I'd actually clap if someone on the show said to her, "Oh get over yourself already!" :lol:

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I just read the review for the newest episode and it seems the D/L love story (eww) has started to fall apart. I always wonder why Danny talks to everyone about Reuben's death and how he is coping but I guess with lil miss me being his apparent girlfriend I think I would talk to any/everyone else instead.
    I just hate the fact that they have made her this whiny, needy character. The writers must have known that pairing someone up with Danny they would need to be this tower of strength for him. It's just the most stupidest of pairing.
    I do wonder what will happen with Lindsay once the relationship ends because she is not really involved in anything other than being Danny's supposed girlfriend.

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Well..to be a little bit on the mean side Lindsay must go because no one cares about her birthday :D
    OK. I've been thinking. If Danny gets rid of Lindsay, what will she become? Her whole character was built (for what reason, I don't know) around Danny. And now that Danny simply doesn't care anymore about her faith what will happen to her character? Will she become better? Or she will be reduced to a simple useless character and then tossed away from the show?

I am still not deciding anything before I see next week's episode.
    And the one with the ball game. But I think we will be hurting next week, as Fay has named it, the "Monologue of Doom" is coming our way. I wonder how will it turn out on screen.

7. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I don't understand the spoiler, what's going to happen. Monologue of doom makes it seem like someone is going to say the L word!
    ETA - OK I saw the promo and all - It's all down the drain for D/L (hopefully)

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As you guys point out, what will Lindsay have if she's not half of the (not-so-)dynamic duo of Danny and Lindsay? For that reason alone, I don't think D/L will be going away 100% despite the hints that there is trouble in paradise.

We're just not that lucky. :rolleyes:

9. Top41

I gotta agree with Fay...with the dark secret done and nothing on the horizon for Lindsay, I think it would be premature to assume this is the death knell for the unfortunate Danny/Lindsay pairing. There's nothing else the writers seem to want to do with Lindsay--or can do with her, given Anna's limited range--so this is what they've got.

The Monologue of Doom as it's been christened :lol: is a speech Lindsay's going to give next week to Danny. Because part of it is in the promo, it's not really spoiler at this point...she tells him she's fallen in love with him.

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I have to be optimistic about DL being over so I'm thinking that maybe they've decided that Danny/Lindsay isn't making her better. People are complaining about Danny being a doormat and wanting him to be more like Season 1 Danny so maybe TPTB have decided to separate her from Danny. They've tried just about everything else that hasn't worked.

Monologue of Doom - I love it. I'm sure it will be bad but if Danny tells her he doesn't feel the same way, that monologue will be totally worth it. :p

11. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

This sounds bad as I'm not the biggest fan of D/L (slight understatement) but I don't doubt for a minute that they will be over. They are keeping Lindsay in the show for that reason only it seems so for it to be over as she says the L word is crazy.
    I am dreading dramatic/emotional Lindsay over the next few weeks.

12. privatename

privatename Rookie

I don't know why they can't just leave things the way they are so that people who want to believe there is something going on with D/L can believe it and those that don't care can just pretend she isn't there. I don't want to see an angsty scene between them. I am already anticipating how badly it will play out. It has been said time and time again, Anna just can't handle heavy emotional scenes. Even some of the people who like her and the character of Lindsay, agree she is better at the light and fluffy. I can't even tell you how much I don't want to see this play out - hopefully they contain the angst to one episode and don't drag it out over the remainder of the season.

I honestly don't care if they separate or not, just keep Lindsay off my screen as much as possible and for goodness sake don't make her try to emote.

13. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

In responce to the new episode scene(s):

I agree with everyone that this duo is going nowhere.
    Mostly beacuse they don't even act like a couple, and
    Lindsay is not girlfriend material.

But, its interesting how the writers made it seem like they is still something there. And even though everyone thinks that he WILL break up with her - I'm willing to bet that the opposite will happen....

14. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

Oh csinymia000, I hope you're wrong although I have a feeling you may be right. I hope Danny breaks up with Miss "It's all about me". Lindsay's narcissism is grating on the best days, on the worst it's enough to make me throw something through my television. I mean, Reuben(?) died and she didn't even comfort Danny! Why? Because she's not good at stuff like that. Yeah. You know what, no one I know is good with death but you still comfort them. You at least try. And then she has the nerve to be mad because he forgot her birthday? Yeah.

15. Top41

I would love to see another character call Lindsay on her narcissism but I fear it's too much to hope for. I really hope if she takes Danny to task for pulling away from her that he lets her have it and lays into her about being selfish. Because she really deserves it. But I wonder if this whole thing with Danny is an attempt to drum up sympathy for her. I really hope not, but I'm not optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.