Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I have the perfect solution: Every time she comes on, just mute the TV and speak in LOLcat to make yourself laugh. Unmute whenever she isn't on screen.

:lol: :p

Same here. But if the latest spoilers come to pass, we'll not only have Lindsay attempting to emote every week, we'll have that plus her attempting to emote and carry a heavy storyline that is already awful to begin with. I bet if Melina were to be lobbed with that storyline, even she'll have a hard time conveying it without some suspension of belief.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I wish I could get special versions of the episodes where Mr T's head was pasted over Lindsay's and he did voice-overs of all of her lines. That would be awesome. He could even add 'I pity the fool!' whenever Lindsay is running away or doing a demonstration or something.

(This isn't totally random, I promise - someone suggested on my LJ ages ago that Mr T could replace Lindsay, and I think it would easily be the most awesome thing EVER.)

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Mr. T doing Lindsay's lines would be hilarious! :lol: And "I pity the fool" who gets involved with Lindsay. Poor Danny. :lol:

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I remember that LJ post. :guffaw: Like I said then, Mr. T playing Lindsay would make the "romance" with Danny much more fun to watch. :p

5. Top41

Mr. T could only improve the delivery of those lines. :lol:

6. privatename

privatename Rookie

I can just picture it in my head -- it would improve the delivery of Anna's lines! It would be fun to think of other crazy choices that would be better than what we currently have.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Charo?

8. privatename

privatename Rookie

Charo would be funny. Hyper Lindsay would be better than flat emotionless Lindsay.

For some reason William Shatner as Capt Kirk pops into my head. Overacting would be better than dead fish eyes acting :) Danny . . . . I . .. . love you. But, I ..... have to go back to .... Montana where I . . . belong. (I know it doesn't really translate into writing, but it is funny in my head:)

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw:*snort* :guffaw: I can totally hear that and think it would make Lindsay much more entertaining.

The Shatner idea also made me think of David Caruso playing Horatio playing Lindsay. That would also be LULZtastic.

ETA: I got the S4 DVDs from Amazon.com today and watched some of the special features. On them were prime examples of what we've been talking about on three threads and "Why Lindsay Must Go:"

One of the special features is about the making of "Boo" and incorporating Halloween into a procedural show and making it different and fun but still recognizable as a CSI: NY episode at the same time. Here's part of what Anna Belknap said about making the episode:
    Could this woman be any more clueless about her character or acting the same character over an extended period of time?! I wonder if she ever listens to herself when she's talking. Then, to cap it off, in another feature where they talk about story arcs that span multiple episodes AB mentions that Lindsay didn't understand why Danny was pushing her away after Ruben died. WTF?!?!? How the hell could Lindsay NOT understand? Especially since she did the whole emo, push Danny away fest in S3. This woman has no grasp of her character or of acting on a TV series. :scream: :wtf:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  10. Top41

Anna's quotes about Lindsay certainly...lack depth.

Watching last night's premiere, Lindsay's demonstration just felt tired. Like they were trotting out the same old, same old stuff for her. Here you have Adam making a big choice for him and doing something pretty daring...and Lindsay as ever is stagnant. I'm sure the character will become unbearable once she's called on to emote this season, but for now she's just a mild annoyance, one that makes little impact. She's simply a glorified lab tech so long as they don't give her anything emotional to do. :lol:

11. privatename

privatename Rookie

It really did feel like the same old, same old especially because she comes in to to tell Mac what she obviously feels is this super cool information she found out all by herself and to get patted on the head for how good she is to have figured that part out, but she failed to take it to the next step. Knowing what kind of plant it was without knowing where it could be found is basically useless. Shouldn't she be able to think ahead enough at this point to know that Mac was going to want to know how that information can help them solve the case or lead them in some direction? And again, she whines that it is going to be hard to pinpoint a location. Well, so what --that is your job, isn't it?

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Mr. T ... or William Shatner ... playing the role of Lindsay.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Beautiful. If Mr. T really did replace Anna Belknap, I'll tune in every week, if only to see him making googly eyes at Danny and Danny looking very, very uncomfortable. :lol:

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I agree wholeheartedly. I think 'clueless' may be one hell of an understatement in this case. How was that house in Boo not a crime scene?! Did she even know what the heck she was acting about there? I'm guessing no, if her utter blankness when that old lady lunged at her is anything to go by.

And yeah, serious WTF at Lindsay 'not understanding why Danny was being distant and pushing her away when Ruben died'. :wtf: That's why I said in the spoiler thread it's amusing even Belknap's statements about Lindsay seem to reflect Lindsay's self-centeredness, in a very ... clueless way.

Well, Carmine did say DL is 'really stagnant'. :lol: I guess all that stagnation had to go somewhere! Or should I put it as, it all had to come from somewhere?

With the possible storyline coming up for Lindsay, I really do wonder if TPTB intends to demote her to recurring status at some point. I have this hunch we'll be seeing very little of Lindsay for the first half of this season, perhaps even the whole season. And now that Adam is a regular and he's 'coming out into the open' like AJ Buckly mentioned ... I dunno, what do you guys think?

Bingo. That's what that scene so superficial and almost ... desperate. It really felt to me as if the writers just couldn't think of anything for Lindsay to do, and in desperation, wrote something random up just so she'd appear and fulfill her regular role on the main cast. :rolleyes: Geez, TPTB, if ya can't even think of anything for her except to continue using Danny as a prop, please to be putting people out of their misery and write her out.

13. Top41

She's really little more than a love interest character who unfortunately is in the main credits at this point. Her major storylines for the past two years have revolved around Danny. Really pretty much since she came on: the only episodes I really felt were about her independent of Danny were "Stealing Home" and "Silent Night."

14. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

It was just painful. Even Mac seemed irritated when he said he felt another demonstration coming on. What struck me (and why I would have kicked her ass as her boss) is that she had the time to track down a specimen of the plant but not a location for it growing wild in NYC. You can't tell me that there was one of those plants just sitting around the lab. She had to get it somewhere. When the people that work for me are just burning precious time on nonsense, it drives me up the wall. I can't see Mac standing for it. It makes him so OOC

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I don't see, anna's passion in acting
    it's more and more like - yeah i'm gonna wake up - gotowork. And say my lines.
    That's what freaks me out most about her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.