Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, those were definitely terrible moments, too. Her emotional manipulation of Danny is pretty cruel and borders on being emotionally abusive.

Yeah, that was terrible, too. Her first impulse was to blame someone else--it's never Lindsay's fault. :rolleyes:

That really showcased what a bad CSI she is.

I don't get that either. Lindsay may be many things, but she's never been "sweet." Even though I don't like the character, I can see aspects that people could use as arguments for having a positive opinion of her: she's spirited at times, enthusiastic about her job, tenacious. But she's never been sweet.

I'd take an emo-fest from the other characters--and the actors on the show who give great performances--rather than having to see Lindsay every week. :lol:

It's not up to the writers whether she stays or goes.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I haven't clicked into this thread for ages.

To go way back, about the 'special snowflake' thing (which I say but certainly didn't come up with :p) - I refer you to this blog post about student essays. I think it gets the gist across pretty well. :lol:

As for Lindsay's lame moments - how could anybody forget that cringe-worthy scene where she was reading that poem about the poppy or whatever and everybody was standing around with ridiculous smiles on their faces the whole time? That ranks right up there with 'I rock' for sucky delivery. Also, I would have sent Eddie flowers if Flack had been like 'STFU n00b.'

I kind of wish they'd just make Lindsay intentionally dislikable and have the other characters react as such - rather than having everybody else act like she's the most awesomest coworker EVAR. Did she put something in their Kool-Aid?

ETA: Sometimes I amuse myself far too easily. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  3. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I know, I didn't meant the writer´s with why they're keeping her :)

I meant are the writers thinking about that what they're writing for Lindsay??

4. privatename

privatename Rookie

I watched "Blink" the other night and there is a scene where Mac, Stella, Danny and Aiden are standing on top of a heap of garbage where a body was found. When Mac assigned Danny and Aiden to stay and look for evidence, Aiden's response is I have a full kit, bring it on (or words to that effect.) Lindsay would have been all over with the whining and/or excuses about why she shouldn't be the one to have to do it further highlighting how lame Lindsay is. Aiden and the others dig in where and when needed knowing that it is part of the job. They certainly don't like to have to do some of the things they have to do, but they don't whine and stamp their feet like little kids to try to get out of doing what they don't want to do.

5. dopebabygirl

Yeah, when Mac wanted her dumper diving, she has already been complaining, that the new girl thing has to stop :rolleyes: and the way she said that -if I were her supervisor I would've give her some desk work to come down,
    and making her think about her actions

Doesn't she know that all she hates is part of the job?
    she seems like someone who isn't satisfied with what she's doing
    like she has the wrong job and should be doing something else

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, if there was ever a good reason why Lindsay must go, it's potentially f**king up the show by turning it into the ultimate soap opera fest in the worst way possible.

So the word is that Lindsay may end up pregnant with Danny's kid. How many of you wanna bet other main characters will be turned OOC again for the sake of accommodating Lindsay AKA Ms. Perfect? :rolleyes:

Can you guys envision Mac and Stella being hard on her for getting pregnant and therefore turning back on her own word that getting involved with Danny was so stupid? No? Well then, can you guys imagine Danny ever getting out of being Lindsay's prop with a preggers storyline? No?

Yep. If it's come to the point her mere presence on the show can't continue without her bringing the show down to a ridiculously sad, pitiful level where things are hacked up just to make sure she stays ... For the sake of the other main characters, especially Danny, she's gotta go.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree with everybody and their lame Lindsay scenes and I have one that wasn't just lame but really pissed me off. When she went out of her way to prove to Danny that she knew Mac better than he did on Stuck on You when she learned Mac played bass at a club. That just rubbed me the wrong way. What's she doing, stalking Mac just to prove Danny wrong? I also thought it was lame and downright mean of her to tell Danny that Mac didn't find his joke funny and that he was just humoring Danny. I'm sorry but she hadn't been there long enough to know Mac as well as Danny.

I don't even want to think about Lindsay being knocked up. Although if it does turn out to be Danny's kid, I will take satisfaction in knowing that Danny didn't love her. If he marries her it's just because of the kid. The spoilers could turn out to be anything though from Lindsay actually being pregnant with Danny's kid to Lindsay being pregnant with somebody else's kid to Rikki being pregnant instead to both of them being pregnant :rolleyes: to nobody being pregnant. We'll just have to wait and see.

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

9. random_rambler

random_rambler Victim

Hi, all! just thought I'd share my two cents about Lindsay.

First off, Lindsay doesn't strike me as a country girl. And I should know. Despite living in a 'metropolitan area', I know what it's like to work on a farm. It's hard work, and not for the faint of heart, which I think Lindsay is, and has been proved by posters more eloquent than me. We haven't been told how big Lindsay's hometown is, but I'm not buying that she grew up on a ranch or any similar environment. She's just too delicate. I know it sounds odd, but I can't imagine Lindsay lifting hay bales or mucking horse stalls.

The lack of 'country girl' ambience isn't necessarily a problem, but becomes annoying when she tries to act like a she's soooo different, and it's almost insulting at times. An example was in 'Commuted Sentences' when she makes a slingshot out of items in the first-aid kit and compares it to a model she had as a child. (I presume she had it as a child, unless it's hanging in her kitchen and is used to whup Danny's @$$ when he seems to be getting his balls back.) The idea that she is a slingshot expert is just stupid, as is the 'accent' that she uses when telling Danny to move out of her way. I cringe every time I see that scene because it's so fake.

I also hate her demonstrations. I guess the writers feel the need to explain everything to the audience, but why does Lindsay have to do it exhibition style? The explanations can be worked into the story and I wouldn't feel the need to bang my head against the wall every time she opens her mouth.

So that's my first rant on Lindsay. If she continues down this path in s5 and doesn't return Danny's balls soon, I may have to reach through my tv and smack her. Okay, maybe not smack her, but I might yell at the tv.

10. Faylinn

Welcome to the nuthouse, random_rambler - you make excellent points, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in here more. ;)

I agree that she doesn't seem like a genuine 'country' girl. They call her that, but in no way does she seem to fit that mold. Besides which, they said she was from Bozeman, so if she grew up around there - that doesn't exactly seem to be cornfields and cow pastures. I think Bozeman has a very active arts scene, so why not incorporate some of Anna's theater background by making Lindsay a theater girl instead of trying to force her into a 'country girl' mold she doesn't fit? Oh well.

To be fair, it appears that Anna is probably pregnant with baby #2, so I'm inclined to think they came up with this story after learning that news, rather than planning it from the get-go. I can't really imagine that they were planning to make her pregnant in season 5.

I don't buy that it's a red herring, honestly - if Anna didn't seem to be pregnant, maybe, but even then I'd doubt it. I think what we've seen is what we'll get: Lindsay finding out she's pregnant with Danny's spawn, and all of the drama that will follow for everybody involved.

At this point, I'm just throwing up my hands. There are things I thought the writers would never do, and more than once they've proven that they really will go there. I've hoped that Danny might be freed of the drama once and for all, and that perhaps Lindsay, once freed from the same drama, might grow into a standalone and worthwhile character - but wishing doesn't make it so.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

11. dopebabygirl

Oh my god,I soo hope the spoiler isjust a joke.
    If that happens the show finally and unfortunatly turned into a soap opera

12. privatename

privatename Rookie

I cringed when i read some of the speculation about the character in the upcoming season. I realize that it is nothing really more than speculation, but I hate the idea of that particular story line. It is way too silly and just leads things down a bad path. And it will be bad enough to have that story line, but if it comes to pass there will be a lot of emotional drama stuff and I cringe every time Anna/Lindsay tries to do the emotional stuff because her acting is just not up to it. i dread even the idea of those scenes.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Thank you for your insights, they are appreciated. :) Heh, according to the show, Lindsay is from Bozeman, Montana. Apparently it has about 27,000+ residents as of the year 2000, very small place compared to NYC, definitely.

I get you on the delicate thing. TPTB attempted to show Lindsay as this 'tough country girl' in her first few appearances on the show. There's the perp tackle (just one to date) and there's her comment about confronting a black bear or something. And that's it. Apart from that, it's self-centered emobrat!Lindsay who manipulates other people, all the way.

Coincidentally enough, I have a friend who lives in Bozeman, Montana and she says the same thing about Lindsay. :lol: She dislikes CSI:NY in particular because of Lindsay and Belknap's portrayal of a Montana person. She'll always tell me, "Hell, no, we are not like that! Quit making us Montana folk look so stupid and pathetic!" :lol:

Exactly. What a shame it is TPTB is more hell-bent on shoving it down people's throats what a poor little country girl Lindsay is and how different she is. :rolleyes: Not endearing her to the audience, TPTB, not endearing her at all.

Yep, and that's why it's gonna be a laughfest. The kind that makes you wanna gouge your eyes out. Or if you're less masochistic, click on the remote control and change the channel.

14. Faylinn

What about the poor sods who want to watch it for the other people even though she's cringeworthy? I don't like pain, I just like Adam and Hawkes and Flack and (usually) Danny and Stella and Mac and Angell and Sid... @_@

15. privatename

privatename Rookie

That is my problem, too. I don't like to see her, but I do like the other characters and really hate to have to wade through her scenes to get to the other parts. I can tolerate her when she is just a lab rat and has minimal emotional stuff (although I still really can't stand her demonstrations) but when she has to get across any kind of emotion to the audience or be in any kind of interpersonal relationship (platonic or romantic) where subtlety or depth is required I just want to change the channel because she most often takes me out of the scene with her inability to act. And I also don't think she is that great in interrogations, because she just doesn't inspire any kind of fear. And, even as just a lab rat, I feel she takes too much time from Adam and I would prefer him to her any day of the week and twice on Sundays :) So, yeah, basically I want her gone. But, if she is to remain, then keep her in the lab and light -- nothing heavy or emotional.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.