Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fay you are not the only one who hasn't seen Jaws... sorry but like Fay i've seen bits and pieces of it.

The thing is, anything they try to do with Lindsey to make her cute and just a normal girl makes her annoying. Remember "I rock" :wtf: was that dancing about?

I believe Joey Tribiani made that his own and you need to put it down and back away little lady...

I wouldn't mind her demonstrations so much if there were other likable things, but her know it all, ramble to the point of I'm contemplating learning to crochet, teachers pet is an annoying trait in a long line of annoying traits.

I will say this though, it is something Anna does well.

(Yes, I know, 'WHO HASN'T SEEN JAWS?!' Me, that's who. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. :p)

Me neither. Not even bits and pieces. I know that it's with mean sharks and that's about it regarding my knowledge on the movie :lol:

I believe Joey Tribiani made that his own and you need to put it down and back away little lady...

As a Friends fan, I would like to quote our lovely Joey and say that regarding Lindsay "it's a moo point. Like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter. It's just moo."

I will say this though, it is something Anna does well.

Yeah, annoying the crap out of me.

Gosh I hope they don't reduce Danny to the guilty boyfriend and make him stalk her all over again, because if that happens, it will be an offense to Carmine and CSI:NY fans.

Quote:
As a Friends fan, I would like to quote our lovely Joey and say that regarding Lindsay "it's a moo point. Like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter. It's just moo."

:guffaw:

After some reflection, I thought I was being too hard on Anna Belknap and tried, very hard, to give her a second chance when the season began. I really did. I had figured that by now, the baby is sleeping through the night and she is getting the rest she needs. That way, she’d be refreshed when the season restarted and everything would be anew. :bolian: Too bad, it didn’t work. Her spoiled brat ways put an end to my attempts.

I just cannot take her seriously. I know that there are females who are immature and want to be treated as adults. We call them Teenagers. If there is a female close to my age and acts in such a way, I don’t make time for them. So, I don’t have a great deal of tolerance for Lindsay and being a cry baby over Danny forgetting her birthday and such. If the trial in Montana was the cause for her behavior prior to her testimony, then just what exactly is her problem now? :confused:

Her being a ‘know-it-all’ doesn’t bother me too much. If she was able to come into a scene and deliver a few lines about a lead or new evidence, I wouldn’t mind. I’d liken her to Fin Tutuola on SVU, who does that all the time. It’s just that Anna Belknap portrays those scenes with this smug arrogance that depletes the importance of anything she says. It comes off as she’s talking down to everyone because she’s the only person who’s smart enough to figure it out. :wtf: It makes me just tune her out in each scene and hope someone else will mention what she discovered.

If there is any reason why Lindsay should stay, mine would be for Lindsay to get a job transfer back to Montana so that she may rebuild her life there and stay, never to return to New York. Maybe a case can send her over the edge and she’d just jump in her car and go- a la Jason Gideon on Criminal Minds. :guffaw:I’m still waiting for that day. They’ve taken too much of my time trying to make her important to the show. She is not. It’s time to get rid of the dead weight.:brickwall:

It was bad enough that TPTB had to screw with Danny and reduce him to a shadow of his former self in order to accommodate Lindsay in S3. But last week when they screwed with Mac and had him act completely OOC to accommodate Lindsay is absurd. Mac Taylor would never give anyone a pass on compromising a case, let alone someone who has been repeatedly unprofessional. I agree that Lindsay is impossible to take seriously, but I could live with rolling my eyes and laughing at her. What is completely unacceptable is turning other characters into people I can no longer take seriously to try and make me empathize with and like Lindsay.

Yeah, the whole thing where all of the other characters act like Lindsay is "awesome sauce" when she's clearly not--she leaves crime scenes, she's careless with evidence, she's reluctant to admit when she's wrong, she wastes precious time with long-winded "look at meeeee! I'm soooo smart!" explanations--is irritating. Mac has bitched other characters out for far less, and I'm going to be frustrated if this whole thing with Danny turns into a "poor Lindsay, feel bad for her" drama. It's not a good way to create sympathy for the character anyway, given that she's displaying the same annoying, selfish traits, and Danny comes off as more sympathetic anyway.

I agree with everyone above me. I just stopped laughing at her a long time ago because now it's just sad and annoying and I will not roll my eyes at her because I will get a headache. From where I stand, Lindsay cannot redeem herself as a character. I gave her my last chance back in S3 and that was it. I don't like her because Danny has changed because of her 360 degrees. He is not the same guy from S1 and I'm afraid that the last glimpse of that mythical Messer was stolen long time ago.

The whole thing with Mac made me :wtf: If Adam had done such a thing he would have been fired instantly. If Danny would have done it he would suspend him. When Lindsay done it he went all "I don't care about the evidence in a murder case, screw the victim, screw the family let the killer run loose but as long as you're OK the world is going to be safe". Excuse me for not sympathizing with that.

I am watching from time to time Medical Investigation, and I have noticed a pattern. Anna's character (Eva Rossi, maybe, don't remember) has the same traits as Lindsay. Know-it-all, not dealing with children pretty good. Is it Anna? hmm.. The know-it-all wouldn't bother me if she didn't deliver the lines in that tone of "look at me, I know more than you do neeneer-neeneer" I love it on Reid in Criminal Minds (but he's a genius) and if I think about it there isn't any character in that show that is dislikeable.

This is completely random but I feel this really big need to tell everyone.:lol:

Anyways I was looking at that Forgetting Sarah Marshall' Goes To The 'Crime Scene' article and I decided to go to the site and check out some of the videos. I was watching the first video Origins and in it Billy Baldwin's character asks Kristen Bells character "What got you into this crazy business?". Kristen's character looks at him and then just walks off.

There's part of me that would like to think that they were spoofing Lindsay.

LOL, that's funny. Kristen Bell is awesome--she's a great actress.

I was reading a review over a Blog Critics and I saw this at least one other place, too--both the reviewer at Blog Critics and the other person (totally blanking on the place at the moment, sorry) mentioned Quinn's chemistry with the team and how she could easily fill Lindsay's place if Lindsay were to leave.

I couldn't agree more. Watching Quinn in that episode, I couldn't help but feel she was what Lindsay was supposed to be when the character was introduced in season two. Someone who came into the lab, made a splash and an impression on everyone. Kristen Dalton is the kind of actress they should have brought in--someone who makes an impression. Seeing how well she meshed just kind of reinforced how much Anna doesn't, and how three years later Lindsay's only anchor on the show is Danny.

I'd love to see Quinn replace Lindsay.

PerfectAnomaly said:
It was bad enough that TPTB had to screw with Danny and reduce him to a shadow of his former self in order to accommodate Lindsay in S3. But last week when they screwed with Mac and had him act completely OOC to accommodate Lindsay is absurd.

A-freakin'-men. Things are bad when you can easily tell other main characters are written very out-of-character simply to accommodate a limited actress who can't display more than two expressions. After three seasons with no improvement in the acting department, I really, really wonder why Lindsay's character hasn't already been booted off, 'cause I gotta say, there's only so long that Danny can be her prop before it's all over. C'mon, who the hell wants to be someone's prop and let someone ride on their coat tails for the whole duration of the show? I'd be hella pissed off if I was in a situation like that.

Top41 said:
I was reading a review over a Blog Critics and I saw this at least one other place, too--both the reviewer at Blog Critics and the other person (totally blanking on the place at the moment, sorry) mentioned Quinn's chemistry with the team and how she could easily fill Lindsay's place if Lindsay were to leave.

Heh, no surprise there. That's good proof CSI Files and TalkCSI aren't the only online places with people who believe think Lindsay should leave the show. I, too, agree with that. Quinn only showed up for one episode so far, and already she showed more chemistry and natural acting than Lindsay ever did in three seasons. And hey, Quinn isn't the only female guest character who's outshone Lindsay by leagues. There's Rikki too, who's only appeared so far in, what? Three episodes? Three episodes, and she showed far more chemistry and depth and emotional connection with Danny than Lindsay ever did, period.

Quinn would make a good replacement for Lindsay. She'd bring in a new and different dynamic too. Isn't that what TPTB wants? :rolleyes:

I am interested to find a random person, who is up to date with NY, but hasn't been in the fandom, a person that doesn't even know that these places even exist.

Lindsay hasn't been booted off because she is Danny's love interest. The fact that Danny is the most popular character in the show and the fact that he was paired with Lindsay since her first minute on the screen says a lot. The hot, smart and popular guy has to get the girl. It's the oldest cliche in the book, but it works for some people. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Carmine is kinda pissed off by this, he said the he was used as a prop for Lindsay, and that shouldn't come from an actor who is supposed to like what he is doing. Kimmy, I've told you that I suspect that if Danny is reduced to a shadow, as PA perfectly put it, Carmine will say stop. And good for him if that happens. As much as I love Danny, I'd rather see him being killed off, or fired than tail chasing Lindsay.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Carmine is kinda pissed off by this, he said the he was used as a prop for Lindsay, and that shouldn't come from an actor who is supposed to like what he is doing.

Really? He said that? I find it hard to believe he's THAT pissed off about anything to do with his role in the show. After all, he's had more character development and opportunities to show off his acting chops than anyone imo. What's not to like about that? :confused:

CSI Files: Do you feel like Danny's character has been subverted or changed to prop up her character?
Giovinazzo: It's funny; I came out of the box like an animal [in the show's first season]. They brought Danny out [right away]. And I think by season three, they had to pass the cards around. I'm hoping in [season four] he's going to be attacking again. That's what I'm hoping, to have Danny get back into some dirty, gritty stuff.
I think the thing with Lindsay is good because it's going to help define her. I know how people feel about that, but it's tough because they have to spread out the cards for everybody. Maybe they'll focus more on her as a single character this year. They gave her the back home story, but she's a year behind us so maybe this is the year she grooves. But I don't mind being the utility guy--you can use me for what you need to use me for. The main characters are just all helping each other right now, and whatever way the [writers] have to do it, they do it.
CSI Files: So you don't mind that Danny has been used to prop up Lindsay's character?
Giovinazzo: Like I said, I feel like I came out seasons one and two and had all these storylines. I don't disagree with some of the things you guys [at Talk CSI and CSI Files] have said about [Danny in] the third season. To tell you the truth, I just kind of mellowed out in the third season. It was kind of a character choice in that he's got to evolve and not be this erratic guy and just mature, growing as a cop and a detective. But at the same time I do want to go back to him being a bit more passionate. But you've got to understand, we're doing a TV series--it's hard to do that every day. I think I came up trying to do that every time, every moment. It's not like a movie. It's not an easy thing to do and keep him normal. But I'm definitely going to attack it more this [coming] season again. That's what I'm hoping, that when I read the script there's something for me to attack. Because obviously I gotta do what they write.
At this point with Lindsay, I think it would be a little more cut and dry. But I have to bow down to how they want to carry this on. They finally got to the point [where something happened]. I was pretty happy with the finale episode. We're at another good crossroad; it's got to go in a certain direction now.
CSI Files: Danny was being treated pretty poorly by Lindsay there for a while!
Giovinazzo: Yeah. That's another good thing about this. It's like, as an actor [the writers] making me do certain things that instinctively I don't want to do.
CSI Files: Is there anything you did object to this season, that you didn't want to do but had to?
Giovinazzo: There was. It was that courtroom thing between Anna and I [in "Sleight Out of Hand"] that we did get into some discussion about which way we should go with that. There was one episode that kind of ended in a weird way ("The Lying Game"). I thought it was interesting because I was becoming this punching bag. No matter what she did, I'd show up. So that was kind of a bug.

It was kind of a bug.

I agree he had more storylines than anyone on the show, but I acting-wise, the whole relationship thing was not a plus in my book. Of course, you have your visions and I have mine, and neither of us will change it. Yes, I agree Danny was Lindsay's prop. Danny's pride was killed during Season 3. Danny was reduced to the guy who did everything to get the girl who was treating him like s**t. Reduced is the emphasis here. And I don't appreciate when others are dragged out of character to prop up the relationship. Mac! I was so annoyed by his reaction to Lindsay's mistake. If instead of Lindsay it was Adam, he would have been fired without any excuse. Now the little screen time that Hawkes gets will be a hint to D/L. That bothers me. A lot.

I agree he had more storylines than anyone on the show, but I acting-wise, the whole relationship thing was not a plus in my book. Of course, you have your visions and I have mine, and neither of us will change it. Yes, I agree Danny was Lindsay's prop. Danny's pride was killed during Season 3. Danny was reduced to the guy who did everything to get the girl who was treating him like s**t. Reduced is the emphasis here. And I don't appreciate when others are dragged out of character to prop up the relationship. Mac! I was so annoyed by his reaction to Lindsay's mistake. If instead of Lindsay it was Adam, he would have been fired without any excuse. Now the little screen time that Hawkes gets will be a hint to D/L. That bothers me. A lot.

Actually, my vision is always open to change. The thing is I like Lindsay. I agree that she was probably brought in as a love interest for Danny but I don't have a problem with that. Perhaps if I didn't like her I would.

I didn't get the impression from Carmine's comments that he didn't like being the 'utility guy' but I did get the impression he wasn't too sure about how they went about it. I get that. There are things about S3 Danny that I struggle with despite the fact I kinda like Danny and Lindsay together. I think they went OTT with the mellowing AND that he came across as a bit of a doormat. I blame tptb for that rather than Lindsay, but I guess that depends on your perspective. Although I'm invested in the characters, when they do something I don't quite get I'll speculate about the why's and wherefore's in terms of the characters but also in terms of tptb.

For me, S3 Lindsay was reliving a trauma that happened to her during her formative years - a difficult experience at the best of times. I see her reactions now as being influenced by those events in much the same way as I see Danny's actions influenced by his past. That just makes them more interesting to me.

I understand why Lindsay pushed Danny away but I do think tptb should have maintained some sort of connection between them if they were determined to go the route of him turning up in Montana. It didn't make a lot of sense for someone of Danny's character to turn up there when she hadn't given him anything other than a few confusing words in a card. While I love that he did turn up there, I wish there had been a better 'pull' for him to go such as a phone call or something.

Aside from the bordering doormat element I actually quite liked mellow Danny. I think it was an interesting contrast that added depth to his character, I just think they went a little far at the end and now it would seem they're trying to pull that back.

In terms of Lindsay, where some people see her as being a negative influence on the other characters I just don't see that - at all. I like the fact that Mac showed a certain degree of understanding towards Lindsay and I think it was appropriate for the context. He could see she was hurt and knew something was going on. It didn't stop him from telling her like it is though. For some reason I can't recall the incident where Mac railed on Adam but I can remember the Hawkes incident and I believe that Mac's anger in that situation was about Hawkes willfully witholding information. Lindsay acted emotionally (as Danny has done many times in the past, as has Stella), and while it's not an excuse for leaving evidence the bottom line is that Danny WAS there and if he hadn't been things would have been different. That's not an excuse, more an understanding and acknowledgement that she didn't leave the evidence completely unattended. If she had, I guess Mac's response would have been worse.

I also don't necessarily believe that he would have fired Adam in the same circumstances. There's a difference between sloppiness for the sake of it and being 'distracted'. It's all about attitude and consequences. Mac was obviously satisfied that the consequences of Lindsay's actions were not that significant (if you ignore the potential) and that she'd adopt the right attitude and adapt her behaviour accordingly after their 'talk'. I guess only time will tell but I imagine she's going to be much more focused on the job from now on (at least I hope she will be).

Going back to last season and Lindsay's attitude with Stella in Silent Night - I think Stella was absolutely right in reprimanding Lindsay in the way she did. I know some people believed she was unfairly harsh but at that point she didn't have a clue what Lindsay was going through. Once she did she was able to be more understaning and that was fair enough. I think anyone in the role of 'boss' needs to be able to adapt their thinking and approach depending on the circumstances.

In terms of Hawkes, I couldn't agree more that he needs his own screentime btw.:)

Carmine acknowledged that Danny was used to prop Lindsay up, but I don't think he implied that he was pissed about it. Was he 100% pleased? He obviously had things he didn't love, but I don't think he was whining about any of it--he's a smart guy, he's not going to trash his show and the people in charge.

JellyBelly, I can't remember which episode it was, but Mac came into the lab and told Adam off for giving results to Gerrard (who asked for them) instead of getting them to Mac first. Adam hadn't done anything wrong, and Stella stood up for him, but Mac still chewed him out. Adam's 'mistake' wouldn't get evidence thrown out of court, and Mac should know that Adam has an abusive past--if he's going to cut Lindsay slack for her personal shit, he should pay Adam the same courtesy. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back