"Why is it happening to me?" - D/L FanFic

Lindsay entered room 568. Next to Danny’s bed a man was sitting on a chair. Lindsay had seen him some time ago. It was the same situation, but this time the roles had changed. Now it was Louie, who was sitting next to his brother’s bed.

Louie looked up as Lindsay opened the door.
“You’re Lindsay, right? I’m Louie, Danny’s brother.” Louie asked.
“Nice to see you again. Can you tell me what happened to him? The police didn’t tell me anything.”
“Me neither. They said it’s secret. If you ask me, that’s totally ridiculous. My brother is seriously hurt and they don’t want to say anything. I can’t believe it.”
“That’s what I think, too. What can be so secret in this case? I don’t understand”
“Did you talk to one of the doctors, Lindsay?” Louie asked.
“No, I didn’t see him. I try to phone Mac and ask him, whether he can find out what’s going on here.” Lindsay said.
“That’s a great idea. I stay here, in case Danny wakes up.”

Lindsay left the room and the hospital. She dialed Mac’s number and waited.
“Taylor.”
“Mac, it’s Lindsay.”
“Lindsay? Don’t you have a date with Danny this evening?”
“That’s why I call you. Danny was involved in an accident. He was brought to the hospital and the police don’t say anything. Neither I nor Louie knows what happened. They say it is secret.”
“They do what? What’s that all about?” Mac sounded a bit angry.
“I don’t know. I thought that you could possibly find out something.”
“Sure I can. Give me 10 minutes. Where are you?”
“Kings County Hospital.”
“Okay, I’m on my way. I try my best to find out what happened.”
“Thank you Mac.”

About 15 minutes later Mac arrived at the hospital. Lindsay was still standing outside.
“Hey Mac. Anything new?” Lindsay was excited.
“Yes. Is Louie with Danny?”
“Yes, I think we should talk in Danny’s room. Louie should know what happened, too.”
“I think so, too.”
Mac and Lindsay took the elevator and entered Danny’s room.

Louie is awake and Danny is in coma. Talk about roles being reversed. I am hooked. Cannot wait to read the next chapter :O)

Mac and Lindsay took the elevator and entered Danny’s room. Danny had not woken up since Lindsay had left the room half an hour ago.
“Louie. Mac found out what happened to Danny this evening.”
“Good. Is it really such a secret thing?”
“No it isn’t. Danny got beaten up by some guys in the subway. They couldn’t catch these guys but we have two witnesses who gave us a profile. We’re searching for them.”
“Why should someone beat Danny up? I can not think of a logical reason.” Louie said.
“That’s what we have to find out. I’m leading the investigation now. I don’t trust the other officers. It is better if we investigate in this case. Danny is one of us.” Mac said.
“Count me in, Mac. I want to see these guys in arrest.” Lindsay said.
“No, Lindsay. I know what your feelings for Danny are. I want you to stay here next to him.”
“But …”
“No. We all want to catch these guys. So you stay here and you’re there for him. We others try our best to arrest them.”
“Okay. But you call me if you have anything new.”
“I promise.” Mac said and left the room.

“Well, what do you think? Who could be interested in beating Danny up?” Lindsay asked.
“I can only think of two possibilities. The first would be that some guys just wanted to make some anger. They could have possibly drunk too much.”
“Possible and the second one?” Lindsay asked.
“Yes, the second one… Do you remember what the Tanglewood Boys did to me?”
“I remember too well. But why should they do this?”
“The reason could be my treason. I said that they had committed the murder, not Danny. They want to punish me with hurting Danny like that.”
“Sounds logical. We should call Mac. This could be our first trace.”

Lindsay left the room, being excited. But at the same time she was worried. She knew how cruel the Tanglewood boys could be if they want to. Lindsay remembered the last time she heard from them.

Lindsay was in the lab and was examining a cigarette which was found on a crime scene in a baseball stadium in New Jersey. The result of the DNS-test was a shock – it was Danny’s DNS. Did Danny commit a murder? After Lindsay had talked to him, Danny walked into Mac’s office. She didn’t know what they were talking about, but what she knew was that Danny had to convince Mac that he wasn’t the murderer.
At the end of this case Louie ended up in the hospital. The Tanglewood Boys had committed the murder and Louie was responsible for their arrest. The revenge was brutal.
The case had changed Danny’s relationship to Louie a lot. They started being brothers again…

After Lindsay had talked to Mac, she had gone to Danny again. Louie, who had fallen asleep, woke up when Lindsay opened the door.

“So what does Detective Taylor think?” Louie asked.
“He said that he’ll follow this trace. But he can’t do anything against them until we have any evidence.” Lindsay explained.
“Why does this happens exactly in the moment when Danny and I start a new beginning?”
“No one knows that, Louie. But you two will have enough time after this, believe me.”
“I hope so. I never thought that we could draw near each other.”
“You did the first step with helping him out of that story.”
“He’s my little brother. That was the only thing I could do.”
“And it was the right thing. You’ll see, Mac and the team will stop the Tanglewood Boys and you and Danny will be like brothers again.”
“Yes, it will. So what’s that between Danny and you? Mac talked about ‘feelings’.”
“I don’t exactly know what it is. Danny loves me, that’s what I know.”

Lindsay told Louie what happened in the last few weeks.

“I’m impressed. I ever saw Danny like a guy who isn’t able to be with a girlfriend for a longer time. I always thought he could just break a woman’s heart.”
“Yeah, that’s what I thought at first, too. I really had a hard time with him in the beginning.”
“What changed your opinion about him?”
“I don’t know. I just don’t see the arrogant man anymore. He became friendly and especially very cute.”
“I see, Danny conquered your heart.”
“You’re right. But I don’t know whether it is love or not. I’m not sure.”
“Follow your heart, Lindsay. That’s the best you can do.”
“Thank you. You know what, Louie? Why don’t you go home and get some sleep?”
“You’re right. We don’t need to sit here both.” With that Louie left the room.

Lindsay was alone with Danny now. She sat on a chair beside his bed and held his hand. She looked down at his face. He looked so peaceful, like he was just sleeping.
With the back of her hand Lindsay touched Danny’s face tenderly. From this moment on she knew that she loved this man. She leaned over to him and her lips touched his.
To Lindsay’s surprise she felt how her kiss was reciprocated.

Back