"Why is it happening to me?" - D/L FanFic

“Danny, I don’t know what to say. This is overwhelming for me. You’re the first man who says something like that to me. I don’t know how to react.” Lindsay admitted.
“Hey, Montana. You must not say something. I just want you to know that I like you. That’s all.” Danny said lovely.
“You’re so gentle Danny. It’s important that you that I like you too. I can’t tell whether it is love or not. I’m not sure about it. All I know is that you mean a lot to me, Danny.”

Lindsay stood up and walked over to Danny who has stood up as well. Lindsay gave Danny a big hug and smiled.

“Why don’t you come to me for dinner this evening? I’ll cook us something nice. What do you think?” Lindsay asked, still a smile on her face.
“Sounds great. When should I be there?” Danny asked.
“I’d say 7:30. That’s a good time.”
“Yeah, I’ll be there. I promise.” Danny said grinning.
“Don’t grin, Messer. Or I put more salt in your portion as usual.” Lindsay said and started to laugh.
“See you this evening, Montana. I have some files waiting on my desk.”
“Danny… Thanks for talking to me. I was really desperate until you came to be today.”
“I felt sad, too. I just needed to finish this.”

Danny left Lindsay’s office and headed of to the canteen. On the way he met Stella.

“Hey, Danny. I saw you talking to Lindsay. Is everything fine again?” She asked.
“I hope so. I talked to her about my feelings and the reason of acting so strange yesterday. She explained that she has feelings for my as well. But she doesn’t know whether it is love. That’s okay. I’ll give her some time to find out. She even invited me for dinner this evening.”
“I’m glad that you talked to each other.”
“Yeah, me too. I think I could not have stood this any longer.”
“I believe you. Have fun tonight, Messer” Stella said with a smile on her face.
“That’s not funny, Bonasera.”

Stella laughed and walked down the floor. Danny went into the canteen to drink a coffee before he went back to work.

At 6pm Danny opened the door to his apartment. After the conversation with Stella, Danny had worked the whole afternoon on the files in his desk. At 5:30pm he had taken the subway home.
Before going to Lindsay Danny wanted to take a shower. He stepped out off his clothes and into the shower. Later he shaved his beard, left only the hair around the mouth and on the chin and put on some after-shave. He wanted to look perfect this evening.
Danny’s phone rang.
“Hey Danny.” It was Ryan Wolfe.
“Ryan! How are you?”
“Everything’s fine. But it should be me who ask that. You didn’t call me for some time.”
“Yeah, I’m sorry. The last week wasn’t that good for me. You know… Lindsay”
Oh, what happened?” Ryan asked.

Danny told Ryan everything that had happened between him and Lindsay in the past days.
“And this evening she invited me to her place. She wants to cook something. It’s her birthday.” Danny closed his report.
“So everything is okay again?”
“I think so. Let’s see how this develops.” Danny said.
“Perhaps she starts to love you, too. I wish you the best my friend.”
“Thanks. I’m sorry I have to go now. I call you if there’s anything new.”
“Have a nice evening and be a nice guy”

Danny finished the phone call and took his jacket and his key. He closed the door and headed off to Lindsay.
-
Lindsay was nervous. Although she didn’t want anything to happen between Danny and her this evening, Lindsay wanted everything to be perfect. Now that she finished cooking, Lindsay took shower and put on her best trousers and her best blouse.

One part of her wanted to impress Danny, but the other part just wanted Danny as a good friend. She had never thought that Danny could possible be a friend of her. He had been an unfriendly and arrogant man at first. She could remember very well his advice to call Mac “Sir”. And then the nickname “Montana”. She had not liked it very much at first.
But then the arrogant detective had turned into that sweet and unbelievable good-looking man and she had started to get feelings for him.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the door bell.

Oooh I hope it turns out good too.

Natty, I get what Cate means about your banner. That it's yummy and hot and steamy and...*thud* lol

I forgot something. Why's Ryan in NY? I reread where Danny went to FLA but not sure about the rest. Is this while he's fired?

No Ryan is still in Miami. He calles Danny to ask if everything's okay. Danny promised to call him, but he didn't. That's why Ryan phones Danny.

Sorry if it's not that clear

Sorry that it took so long and I have only a little update this time.
---
Lindsay opened the door and to her surprise it was not Danny standing in front of her.
“Are you Lindsay Monroe?” One of the men in the blue uniform said.
“Yes, I am. But why…” Lindsay couldn’t finish.
“Miss, please try to stay calm. We’re here to…”
“Danny…Did anything happen to him?” Lindsay started crying.
“Please. Mr. Messer was involved in an accident.”
“An accident? How bad is it? In which hospital is he?” Lindsay was shocked.
He was brought to Kings County Hospital. I take you there. You should not drive at the moment, M’am.”
“Thank you, Officer. What happened to Danny?” Lindsay took her coat and they left.
“I’m not allowed to talk about that. I can just say that Mr. Messer’s state of health is serious but not lethal. You have to talk to the doctor in order to get more information.”

The rest of the way, all of them were silent, but Lindsay’s mind was working like mad.
What had happened to Danny and why was the whole accident so secret? Lindsay didn’t understand. She just wanted to be with Danny and hold his hand. She wanted to be there for him with everything she had.
Arrived at the hospital, Lindsay left the police car quickly and ran into the building, towards a nurse who was standing in the entry hall.
“My name is Lindsay Monroe. I want to see Daniel Messer. He was involved in an accident this evening.”
“One moment please. I have to check the documents.”
The nurse opened a file and looked through the sites.
“Okay, Miss Monroe. He’s in room 568 on the second floor. You can take the elevator there.”
The nurse pointed at the elevator on the left side and Lindsay thanked her.
Lindsay pushed the up-button and waited for the elevator to arrive. Her heart was beating like mad. She just wanted to be at Danny’s side.

Back