"Why is it happening to me?" - D/L FanFic

nattybatty55 said:
Yeh.... Good luck with keeping Danny in that hospital :lol:
Do you really think that would be possible? :lol:

--

Stella parked her car in front of the hospital. The whole way to the hospital Stella had thought of how she could tell Danny. He wasn’t totally recovered and she thought it wouldn’t be really conductive. Stella was sure that there wasn’t really a perfect way to tell someone that his girlfriend had been kidnapped.

Before entering to Danny’s room, Stella took a deep breath. It would be hard for her, but even harder for Danny. She wanted to make it as bearable as possibly, if that was possible in this case.

“Hey, Stella. You were at Lindsay’s apartment?”
“Yes, I was.” Stella said seriously.
“I was right, wasn’t I? Something happened to her. Tell me.”
“Danny, whatever I will tell you, promise to stay calm, okay?”
“Tell me. I need to know.” Danny became excited. He now sat in his bed instead of lying.
“Danny, I don’t know how to start. Eh… Lindsay didn’t show up at work this morning. So Mac decided to go to her apartment with Hawkes. She wasn’t at home.”
“Where is she?” Danny was still excited.
“We don’t know. We found traces of housebreaking on her window.” Stella decided not to tell him about the wood with the blood.
“You mean she was kidnapped?” Stella could see the shock on his face.
“We think so. But we have a part of a print. Mac analyzes it. Perhaps we have a suspect.”
“I need to get out of here. I can’t stay.”

Danny tried to get out of his bed, but Stella held him back.
“You don’t help her if you break out of the hospital. You have to recover first.”
“Stella, don’t you understand? I can’t sit here and wait until she is ….” He couldn’t finish. Tears filled his eyes and he wasn’t able to speak.
“We’ll find her. Believe me.”
“I wish I could. I want to help. I have to.” Again he tried to stand up, this time with success. He took some clothes out of the wardrobe and changed his clothes. Stella got up to Danny in order to take him back to his bed.
“Don’t try to stop me, Bonasera. I get out of here and find Lindsay.” With that he opened the door and left. Stella stood there for a moment, not believing what happened. Then she ran after him, but Danny was already gone. She pulled out her cell phone to call Mac.
--
Sheldon Hawkes stood in the CSI lab as his phone rang.

“Hawkes? Where is Mac?” It was Stella.
“What’s wrong?”
“I told Danny. He escaped from the hospital to find Lindsay on his own.”
“He did what?” Hawkes was shocked.
“Yes, I tried to follow him, but he was already gone. It’s all my fault.”
“No, Stella. You know how Danny is. It was obvious that he wouldn’t stay there. If he didn’t leave now, he would have after you left him alone.” Hawkes tried to calm her down.
“We have to find him. I don’t know what he’ll do.”
“Yes, what do you think where would he go first?”
“Lindsay’s apartment, I think.” Stella mentioned.
“Okay, you go there and I call the jail. Mac has to know.”
“He is talking to Sonny?” Stella didn’t know why she was surprised.
“Yes, he is.”
“Okay, tell Flack to go to Danny’s apartment. Perhaps Danny will show up there.”
“Call me if you find him, okay?”
“I will.”

UPDATE :)
---

Hawkes finished the call. Then he called Flack and explained the whole situation. After the call Flack headed off to Danny’s apartment.
Then Hawkes called the jail. He explained that he had to talk to Mac Taylor immediately. The woman told him that she will inform Detective Taylor. He would call him back.
Hawkes rang off and continued analyzing the evidence they had found in the apartment.

Hawkes took the fingerprint Stella had found on the window frame. He put it into the AFIS, the automated fingerprint identification system. Also it was just a part of a fingerprint, there was a match. The print was from Jonathan Szabic, a 25 year-old man from Brooklyn. He had committed some robbery and had been in jail for 3 years because of malicious injury in two cases. Hawkes took down his address.

Then he pulled out the piece wood with the blood on it. He took a blood sample and asked Jane Parsons to make DNA test. The test would normally take some time, but Hawkes made clear that it was more important than everything else. So he would have the result in the evening.

Back in the lab, Hawkes examined the wood with a microscope. The wood was from an ash tree. The sample must be from a baseball bat, because that was the usual material bats were made of.

Hawkes phone rang.
“Hey Mac. Danny escaped from the hospital. He wants to find Lindsay on his own.”
“What? That’s not possible.”
“It’s true. Stella is at Lindsay’s apartment and Flack at Danny’s. If Danny shows up there, the two of them will call. Did Sonny say anything?”
“Not really. Just that he isn’t involved and so on. Any success with the evidence?”
“Yeah, the print has a match. Jonathan Szabic. I have the address. Jane will test the DNA from the blood on the wood. The wood is from a baseball bat.”
“Good, we meet at Szabic’s apartment, okay?”
“Yeah.”
Hawkes told Mac the address and left the lab.

Flack arrived in front of the building where Danny’s apartment was. He decided to wait in his car. In case Danny would arrive, he wanted to wait until Danny entered his apartment. Then he would follow him and call Hawkes or Mac. But now Flack couldn’t see any trace of Danny, so he had to wait.

Stella didn’t want to sit just in the car. She went upstairs to Lindsay’s apartment. Perhaps Danny had already arrived, but she didn’t really think so.
Standing in front of the door she was listening for any noises from the inside. She couldn’t hear anything.
Stella decided to wait inside. If Danny would appear, Stella wanted to meet him inside the apartment. She would not let Danny go a second time.

You'll see. but i won't post a next part until tomorrow. need some rest now ;)
i promise to give you more tomorrow. you're all so great to me :)

Because I don't want you to die, here's some more ;)

During the last 30 minutes Stella had examined Lindsay’s apartment a second time, but she had not found anything else. Now she heard footsteps from outside the apartment. Stella hid in Lindsay’s bedroom. If it was Danny, she didn’t want to alarm him.
Stella heard the door opened and someone stepped in. She opened the door a bit to see the person. Stella could make out Danny who was looking around.
“Hey, who’s there?” Danny said.
Stella decided to reveal herself. Danny would find her anyway.
“It’s me – Stella.”
“What you’ve been doing in Lindsay’s bedroom?” Danny asked surprised.
“I was waiting for you. Please don’t run away again.”
“Why should I? Do you have any news from Montana?”
“No, but we have a suspect. His print was on the window frame. Mac and Hawkes are talking to him.” Stella explained.
“What’s his name?”
“Szabic. Do you know him?”
“Sounds familiar. I think I met him once in my past. He’s a Tanglewood Boy.”
“Tanglewood. So our suspicion was right. They attacked you, too, I think.”
“Possible. But why kidnapping Lindsay?”
“To hurt you. They want to put you down.”
“I hoped they would leave me alone now. Seems like I can’t leave my past behind me.”
“Come here” Stella give Danny a hug.
“I hope we’ll find her, Stella. She’s everything I got.”
“We’ll find her. We all together, don’t do anything on your own again. Promise me.”
“I promise. Let’s go to the lab. Perhaps Mac is back from the interrogation.”

Mac and Hawkes stood outside of Szabic’s apartment. Mac knocked on the door for the third time, but there was still no response.
“Do you see that this door was opened forcibly?” Mac asked.
Hawkes knew what Mac wanted to do. If the police wanted to go in an apartment without a warrant, they needed a very good reason. A broken door was a reason; perhaps not a good one, but it even was a reason.
“Yes I do.” Hawkes said with a smile.
Mac opened the door and the two of them entered. They pulled out the gloves and started to examine the whole apartment.
“Hey Mac, I think I found Szabic.” Hawkes called from the bedroom.
“Don’t say he’s dead.”
“No, he just has a good night’s rest.” He said and pointed at the empty beer bottles on the floor.
“Okay, we examine the apartment and he will wake up.” Mac said and went back to work.

Back