Who is Dr. Jekyll? *SPOILERS*

I like the theory that this is a plot to bring Grissom back. Perhaps this whole thing was a conspiracy theory, like New Coke and Coke Classic: Peterson wanted to take a break from the show, do some theatre, blah blah blah, but didn't want to sever all ties with CSI. He's still executive producer and apparently drops by every now and again. TPTB hire a replacement, an A-list actor whom everyone would like (or so they wished). Then they slowly cast doubt over the actor. In the end, it's revealed he is a serial killer and Grissom comes back to help.

Biggest clue for my theory: The return of Sara Sidle. It would be incredibly difficult to maintain a plausible excuse of why Sara's here and Grissom's over there. Slow build-up to the actual return.

Biggest surprise that could come from this theory: The discovery of the body of Riley Adams. She never really liked Langston. She didn't actually leave the lab. Langston killed her and sent in a fake exit interview. Or something.

Too much? Maybe. Would make a great fanfic though.

New Coke: Langston
Coke Classic: Grissom
Bring back the Classic!

Can I just tell you that is THE coolest theory I have read so far, and I have never wished that I had fanfiction writing talent so badly before right now! Love it:)!

Do we know for a fact that Langston's dad is dead? I know he has said that but have we seen any evidence? The episode where he was staring at his dad's old army things might just be a sign that he thinks his dad might be Jekyll...maybe he's just telling people he's dead? I just cannot recall any hard evidence.

I think Langston said that his dad died in a bar fight (I could be wrong on though)

I do think Langston's dad is dead. He was reminiscing over his war medals. And as far as the 'classic' there are more than one type of classics on the earth:confused: I feel that Langston is also a classic, and Grissom/WP is NOT planning on returning to CSI [his words] If he does, than he contradicts everything he's said in the past. But people do change their minds~

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2009/11/petersen-there-was-nothing-more-i-could-do/

My coke classic analogy refers to a conspiracy theory. Back in the 1980's (I think), Coca Cola released a new recipe for it's signature product and branded it "New Coke". It apparently tasted awful. They returned to the original recipe and called it "Coke Classic". The theory is that it was all a marketing scheme to get people to hate the new one so they'd flock to the old one when they re-released it and rake in the money.

I was making a joke.

I do agree that Petersen won't return to CSI as a full time gig, just an appearance every other season or something.

And as much as I like Langston (which shifts from episode to episode), if given the choice I would take Grissom over him everytime.

One argument/comparison I will never understand is Langston vs. Grissom. Grissom was a senior leader, complete expert, teacher, etc. Langston is a noob and while a primary character, bears none of the same qualities as Grissom. I agree with the person that said their opinion of him (langston) changes from episode to episode....sometimes I like him, sometimes I think "boy, I wish it was season 6 again with the old cast"

That's cool Praetor joke it was then. I get a little bit edgy when fans dice and slam the fabulous Mr Fishburne. Grissom is friggin' GONE, and nobody loved him more then me. But I find it redundant and boring to keep going on and on about someone who's no longer with us. He's moved on and so have some fans. I think Langtson is every bit as smart, charismatic, charming as Grissom. They have similar personailties, and to me, that's a good thing:bolian:

Last edited:
Re: CSI: - Who is Dr. Jekyll?

depends how it looks for different people... i would not like that kind of help... for example Mr Begalow.... what he did wrong...? Bow in stomach... :s

That's cool Praetor joke it was then. I get a little bit edgy when fans dice and slam the fabulous Mr Fishburne. Grissom is friggin' GONE, and nobody loved him more then me. But I find if redundant and boring to keep going on and on about someone who's no longer with us. He's moved on and so have some fans. I think Langtson is every bit as smart, charismatic, charming as Grissom. They have similar personailties, and to me, that's a good thing:bolian:

It's all good. I totally get where you're coming from. I may not always agree, but hey, I still love ya!:thumbsup:

Re: CSI: - Who is Dr. Jekyll?

Seeing there is a thread already dedicated to this seasons biggest question of "Who is Dr. Jekyll", and seeing it seems to be generating more traffic at this time, I am going to merge this thread in with the already established one. :)

CSI_LAS_VEGAS, just a reminder...you can edit your post within 24 hours to add things rather than posting several times back to back. :) If it's been over 25 hours and no one has posted after you, then you are free to go ahead and post again. :)

CSI_LAS_VEGAS, just a reminder...you can edit your post within 24 hours to add things rather than posting several times back to back. :) If it's been over 25 hours and no one has posted after you, then you are free to go ahead and post again. :)

Hey Smokey , How are you IN COLTS COUNTRY( a.k.a. Indy)

Hmmm...since there was no new episode this week, and I had some time on my hands, I was pondering about the identity of Dr. Jeckyl...

If he/she is not Dr. Ray (as many people have speculated) or anyone related to him (by blood or otherwise) I wonder if he/she is an established character that we already know...

The only thing we really know about the physicality of this person is that they wear a size 13 shoe based on the one unaccounted for shoe print in the real estate mogul's bathroom from Appendicament...

What else do we know so far...

We know that this person has extensive medical knowledge and surgical skill...

We know that this person was very precise with his/her first victim, but not as much with his/her second (having to go back to finish the job and leaving behind the metal clip of the surgical equipement)....

We know that he/she alters an internal organ of his/her victims without leaving any obvious outward traces...

Hmmm....

Back