What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree Kafka's odd.

Whoopie! I went to a book fair today and bought Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, Cruel & Unusual and Trace by Patricia Cornwell, In Light of India by Octavia Paz and Narnia(all 7 books in one). I saw CSI:Miami novels and felt compelled to buy them but decided not to. Watching and drooling are better... :devil: :lol:

I'm reading two books at the moment "The bumber book of Celebrity murders" and "The bumber book of women who kill". They were recommended to us by our criminal psycology lecturer. They've been good so far.

I've been reading "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. A friend of mine saw the musical and said it was good, and since I couldn't see the musical I figured I'd read the book! :D

I have two Kathy Reichs books in the lineup, Bare Bones and Monday Mourning. Then there's one of the new Buffy books, Spark and Burn, and the latest in the Warriors series, Dawn. That's a fantasy series about cat clans.

Oh yeah and The Stand, yet again but that's with an online group and only a little a week. I love the book though. I even tried to cross it with CSI NY but don't know if anything will come of it.

I'm on page 133 in "American Psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis. I knewly discovered this author and know I've just read Glamorama and the Rules of Attraction before reading his most controversial book yet. I think that BEE has a very disturbing animation... but that's what I like about him!!! I recommend any of his books to any 'mature' audience. (not the best book for younger kids)

I'm reading, "Lies My Teacher Told Me". So far, it's a great book, but being an eighth grader, there were some things that I didn't understand until I read the book. Most peopel say that that book is "bad" since it bashes history textbooks, but no, it doesn't bash anything. It's actually a very refreshing point of view. Plus the humor is evenly distributed, what with the sarcasm and all.

LoneWolf13 , I've read Wicked and I thought it was a great read, a little twisted, but still good. I bought one of his other books (Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister) and I'm going to start on that one soon. Tell me how you like it :)

I'm reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk . I really like the movie and I didn't know it was actually based on a book. Its a very dark but extremely brilliant book. I'm about halfway done and I really like it.

I am currently reading The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up by JoAnna Carl. I have already read The Chocolate Cat Caper and The Chocolate Mouse Trap in Ms. Carl's Chocoholic Mystery Series.

I'm reading 'Ireland her own' by T.A. Jackson, although it's not a novel; it's an outline history of the Irish struggle and it's really interesting. Nope, not reading it for the fun of it, but for my MA thesis.

Noli Me Tangere by Jose Rizal

The last time I picked up this book was when I was still in college (required reading). I'm reading the Tagalog version. Fascinating.

I'm reading 'The Lovely Bones' which I think is a brilliant book :) I am planning to read the rest of Alice Sebolds books but I am such a slow reader that it takes me ages to finish a book :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back