What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pebl

pebl Prime Suspect

I'm reading 'Hannibal' by Thomas Harris.
    I saw the film a year ago and I found it a good story.
    Last week a saw the book so I bought it.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I've read the Historian but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped, considering the length of it. The ending was a bit meh too.

I've just started The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

3. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I'm still reading 'The Discovery Of Heaven'. I just can't get through the book, and when I see the book laying on my floor [don't want to clean up the mess]; I'm like; I'm not going to read that book. I liked it in the beginning, but I'm like; okay, when does the end of the book come, now?

4. kito_of_typhoon

kito_of_typhoon Prime Suspect

I read today tons of reviews for that internet-review-page where you get money for writing reviews and when they are read by members.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I just started reading a John Grisham novel. This is my first John Grisham novel, it's called King Of Torts. I've only read a couple pages and am wondering is it a good novel.

6. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Right now im reading 'CHRISTINE' by Stephen King. Is about a car and her name is Christine which at first i thought it was going to be boring cause i dont know nothing about cars but so far so good.

7. LadeeBear

LadeeBear Witness

Currently, my novel of choice (which is highlighted, underlined, annotated, and post-it-noted) is "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbra Kingsolver. It was summer reading for my AP Literature course, and I completely love it. :)

Jenn

8. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

i am currently reading a goose bumps book called "piano lessons can be murder" lolol im so rad!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

im so bored ive run out of books to read so i have opted for a book about aliens and abductions.mmmmmmmmmm.(its not mine honest)
    maybe a bit too intense for me. not sure wether aliens do actually exist!!!
    mmm now theres an idea for a new thred

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I have a recommendation for a book.
    It's for "young adults" for all you "youngin's" out there :D

It's called
    Our Only May Amelia by Jennifer Holm
    ok, now Jennifer is my husbands cousin
    the book is about a young girl.. May set in Washington state at the turn of the 20th century. She was the ONLY girl born in the Nasel valley (besides the Chinook Indians) and she and her family were the last to speak Finnish. It's about her and growing up being the only girl
    Actually May Amelia is the Grand-Aunt to my husband and his cousin and the story is based on her diary.

It's a good read and like I said for "young adults"

11. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I am reading a book by Virginia Andrews called Broken Wings. It's about these three girls how are all a wild and keep getting into trouble. Because of this they are all sent to a school that tries to correct their behaviour. This book just tell the story from their point of view as to how they ended up there. Reading each of their accounts, you begin to reliase that they are not bad people, they just got caught up in bad situations. The next book is about their time at the school, though i haven't read it yet because it is not out in paperback here.
    Has anyone here read it and if so what did you think??

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Since this thread reached to 1000, we say goodbye to it and go to the new thread

*locked*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.