What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In English class we are reading "Kaffir Boy" it's about the author's life in South Africa during aparthied. It is so sad some of the things that has happened to him, but the book is very good.

I started to read "The Human Stain" by Philip Roth but I just started and I'm only on page 13. It is pretty good so far and I like Philip's style of writing, this is the first book I've read by him but he's written a lot.

In school today we are going to start to read Romeo & Juliet so I am pretty excited. I love Shakespeare!

I like Philip's style of writing
Wow.. on first-name-terms already eh?? :lol: :lol:

I love Shakespeare too, but am not a fan of Romeo & Juliet. My favourite is Titus Andronicus.. man, I laughed my arse off when I read that :lol: though it's not really that funny.

I'm reading 'Kathy's story'.. sad :(

I'm reading Lifeless by Mark Billingham at the moment - is quite good so far :D This is the 5th book in the Tom Thorne crime series. Some of you may know the others: Sleepyhead, Lazy Bones, Scaredy Cat and Burning Girl.

Right now I'm trying to read "A Painted House" by John Grisham. Having a really hard time trying to get into it.
Before that I read, A Child Called It and Lost Boy and A Man Named Dave, All 3 by Dave Pelzer, I cried my eyes out on all 3. All 3 are his life story about growing up with a VERY abusive mother and a father who just acted like nothing was going on. This was one of the worst child abuse cases in California.

Gave into the hype, bought "The Da Vinci Code" in paperback. Hey, I'm poor, I had to wait for the paperback. :)

I just bought "Helter Skelter"

YAY.
I've been eyeing the book for a while, I finally bought it today. :)

Just recently started HP and the Half-Blood Prince

I'm muddling through the first chapters. Can't seem to get into it.

Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed by Stephen King's Desperation?? I dunno, but normally I kinda freak out when I read his books, but this one just didn't get to me like that!

Now I'm reading practically everything that has been written by Padraic Pearse.. I think he is such a great playwriter!

JayneEmilysRealm said:
Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed by Stephen King's Desperation?? I dunno, but normally I kinda freak out when I read his books, but this one just didn't get to me like that!

I haven't read that one, though I've heard 'The Stand' is supposed to be really good :) (it's a bit long though - probably King's longest book).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back