What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

Currently, I'm reading "Bleachers". Next up, "A Death on the Barrens". A true story.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've just finished reading 'Dead Run' and I've now started on a book about 'Monet' - I know, it sounds boring. :lol: After that I really want to re-read the 'Da Vinci Code' :)

3. dittohead

dittohead CSI Level One

richard evans - the coming of the third reich

(nothing to do with the recent CSI :D ..ive had this bok for a yr..havent had a chance to start..but you know)

4. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

I loved the DaVinci Code but then again who didn't it has been 150 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list...I think everyone in the world now has a copy of it. Has anyone read any of his other books? They are quite similar in style and just as good especially Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress.

5. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

at the moment, i'm readying my textbook, ADVANCED HEALTH ASSESSMENTS AND DIAGNOSTIC REASONING...it's actually very interesting, but still, it's prob more fun reading HARRY POTTER

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've also read Angels and Demons, I really did like that one just as much as The Da Vinci Code. I really do recommend it. :D

7. Palm

Palm Coroner

*pops in*
    Holes by Louis Sachar. It's the 9th time I read it, but I enjoy it that much. It's got a great plot :)

8. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

I'm reading Without You by Anthony Rapp. It's about his life and being in RENT. I just got it yesterday and I'm already more than halfway done with it. It's so good!

9. robospanker_fan

robospanker_fan CSI Level Two

Let me tell you a story:

One fine night, I sat down and watched Great Expectations, starring Ethan Hawke.
    After the movie, I was pretty impressed, and I remembered my brother had the book around somewhere.
    I told myself "You better get your ass down to reading more classic Dickens books or you'll lose out in English class."
    And so here I am, reading Great Expectations. I read about 2 pages every night because I'm too tired to read anymore then that most of the time.

10. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

I've just finished reading Dan Brown's Deception Point its such a fantastic book.

11. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm reading Florida Getaway. One of the miami books, its ok so far.

12. cfar

cfar Pathologist

I've been reading a collection of stories by Kafka....very odd...intriguing, yet unsatisfying in a lot of ways...I can't really decide whether I like it.

ETA: Are his stories as odd in German as they are in English? I don't know enough German to read them in the original language and I wonder whether it makes any difference.

13. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I'm currently reading "Death Dance", the lastest book by Linda Fairstein. So far, so brilliant (as all her books are) Having worked as an assistant DA in New York, in charge of the sex crimes unit, she really knows her stuff, and her character Alex Cooper (who has the very same job) is wonderful. Right up there with Kay Scarpetta in terms of great crime novel heroines.

Great crimes, great twists, great characters. What more could a girl want? :)

14. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

Ohhhh never a promise ...I just bought that one by Dan Brown....so you would reccommend it? Ive read all his other ones and loved them, so I thought what the heck and bought Deception Point. Sounds interesting anyways.:D

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Kafka's stories are really really strange. I've read those in Finnish and.. yeah, those are weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.