The Soundbox--Speculations and Whatnots

chaostheory08 said:
I think if Flack gets a medal, father-dear will be front and center (or on the stage with him) at the ceremony.

Good point, I never thought about that. It would be very interesting to finally get to "meet" Flack's father, and watch the dynamics between them unfold, especially if Flack Jr.is the one getting honored.

Assuming of course that Flack accepts the medal.
I mean, from his POV, he might not be too happy about being reminded of what happened with the bombing. Plus, he might feel that he doesn't really deserve it since all he was doing was running around a building yelling at people. (pauses to remember Flack yelling, mmmm)

That's true, too. I can see him balking at accepting some sort of honor, but I can also see interior pressure from the higher-ups, Mac's bosses, strongly urging him to accept. His feelings of conflict over it - and Mac's, if he's in the same situation - would make for some good personal drama. I can see the department wanting to make a big deal out of it - nice PR for them, after all, being able to show their "guys" as heroes - but I can see both Flack/Mac wanting to be more low key, and if anything, walk away from it.

Nice theories, everyone. :) I just thought I'd drop in and deliver some information. ;)

I was watching "What You See Is What You See" on DVD last night, and I noticed that they had a bit of info on Hawkes in that application to be a field investigator. So I slowed it down and wrote some of the stuff I could see. ;)

Badge #: 9786 (Don't know what sort of 'badge' that means)

Address: (1144?) Leland Blvd NY, NY 10106

Birthday: ?-8-1973

Outside business interests: N/A

:lol: I thought that last one was really funny. No other interests, eh? :p Anyway, so I guess Hawkes is supposed to be ~33. ;)

Faylinn said:
Anyway, so I guess Hawkes is supposed to be ~33. ;)

He can certainly pass for 33. I guess we'll never really know how old the man is short of calling up his mother and asking her!

Hawkes is 33? I would have guessed him a few years older. Not from looks, but from intellect/maturity standpoint. It occurs to me, is that the one and only definitive age we have of any character on CSI NY? :lol:

Faylinn said:

Badge #: 9786 (Don't know what sort of 'badge' that means)

He does have a badge. He flashed it out on 'Hush'.

Anyway, theorizing on which scene daddy Flack might come out. I think we have percolated the hospital scene already. That would probably be Flack,Sr. trying to re-connect with Flack,Jr. and tying up loose ends.

If ever Flack,Jr. gets a medal or something, yeah Mac would drag him on that stage if he has to. It'll be like in Speed's funeral -- seeing the whole team in one scene together. Then of course the introduction of him will include "the son of the NYPD legend Donald Flack,Sr." or "following in his father's footsteps". There. And Flack,Sr. will be present for front page picture taking. And there's nothing that Jr. can do about it.

Yeah, I could see Mac and Don balking at all the fanfare, specially the ones for them. And Mac I do see urging Flack to take the medal, but not necessarily twisting his arm. He'd respect Flack's wishes to keep everything low key. Aside from the fact that a few folks pointed out a few threads up, he wouldn't want Dad's name and reputation plastered on his face just for publicity's sake. (Sorry if that doesn't makes any sense. Blame it on multitasking. :D )

If Flack's gonna be showing up at work from the first ep on, then I would hope that TPTB speculate on doing a scene like what we're talking about. It's about time that they pick up where they left off on S1!

If there's anyone who would fuss, it would be mister drama queen. Him or Stella. Lindsey would still be the odd one out, since she didn't have much of a relationship with Flack.

Jr. would take the medal one way or another (assuming that he'll be awarded one). And for sure, Sr. will be there. I am so rooting for something with Sr. and Jr. in one scene.

I apologize for the double post but I think this thread doesn't deserve to die yet.

More ideas anyone? Maybe on Hawkes or Stella this time?
Or the new detective?

I, for one, wouldn't want this thread to die out, either. We can always post a new thread if it's too far gone, then someone suddenly wants to bounce ideas off. :D And September's a few weeks away, so people (specially in the US) will trickle back with their speculations.

I think we might have touched on why Hawkes chose to be an ME instead of a more lucrative career as physician for the living.

Okay, what about this one: Hawkes' family background. Anyone care to pick up on that?

Okay, here's one on Stella, though it's kinda trivial. If we're to take off from her bio at the CBS website (she's Greek-Italian, unless I'm mistaken), I'm just curious as to why she recognizes her Greek roots (she speaks the language, etc.) more than her Italian one (let's not include food preferences :p).

On Hawkes, it's hard to speculate on him because the show gave us absolutely NOTHING on him. The info on the site was okay but it wasn't mentioned at all on-screen.

And Stella -- It's hard to picture her past without Mac in it. :D

chaostheory08 said:
And Stella -- It's hard to picture her past without Mac in it. :D

You're right. I'm re-watching S1 and man, I love her relationship with Mac! It's one of the things that hooked me to this show (right after Carmine's good looks, of course... *lol*)

Hawkes might have parent issues as well. If he was that much of a prodigy, his parents might have pushed him to go to college and medical school and he may have serious socialization issues. Remember in S1, it looked like he never got out of the morgue and even had a bed in the corner!!

Definite socialization issues.

Stella's past involved Mac. I think that is why it's hard to picture her without him. Obviously, she knew him (and possibly Claire) before entering CSI. If not, then she knew him (them) longer than their co-workers.

Back