The Soundbox--Speculations and Whatnots

They're supposed to give Mac a nemesis this season, which could be great stuff. Some of the most interesting CSI episodes, back when I was still watching in that show, were the ones where Grissom was pitted against his nemesis Paul Milander. Can't wait to see Mac take someone on in the same fashion. But I think he already did meet someone who did a marvelous job as nemesis, and that was Sonny Sassone. I loved the chemistry between Deluise and Sinise. This is NY after all, and there aren't nearly as many mob-oriented stories as one would expect to see, and Sonny and his gang were "new" mob, making it rather intriguing. What does everyone think? Sassone finds yet another loophole to get him out of jail, bringing him back to wreak havoc on Mac's sanity? Or bring in someone totally new? What kind of criminal nemesis would you like to see for Mac? And obviously, any nemesis of Mac's is also a nemesis for the rest of the team and Flack, since they'd all, at one time or another, be working a case against this person, with Mac. Could shape up to be very interesting drama...

As much as I'd love to see Sonny Sassone back, I think they're done with that storyline although yeah, there's plenty of ways they could bring him back into the picture.

I'd be interested to see a Russian mob storyline. You know Mac up against a Russian mobster would be all-out intense, with drugs, kidnapping, human trafficking, weapons dealers, extortion, assassinations and murder. Plus, the Feds would have to be involved and then we'd see steel-backbone-take-no-prisoners Mac. What could be better! :rolleyes:

Russian mob? I think that's already cliche. Sorry. Didn't Numb3rs do a storyline with the Russian mob last season? TV paints Russian people in such a negative light, and CSI:NY has been no exception so far. ("Blink," anyone?)

However, I was always interested that Mac seemed to have a bit of knowledge of Russian language, etc, so I wonder if that could be an interesting twist on the character? ;)

I'd also like to see some interaction between the team and the Feds, though. I can see Flack, Danny and Stella being especially tweaked that they'd have to work with the FBI, but Mac would just be bad-ass and give that 'I'm still in charge, so back up' thing. :lol:

Of course, I really just want to see Mac kick some ass. :lol:

I'd hate to see Sonny Sassone get out of jail, but I can't deny that it would lead to some interesting storylines for the characters.

I'd hate to see Sonny Sassone get out of jail, but I can't deny that it would lead to some interesting storylines for the characters.

I agree with you guys on Sassone. But whatever happened to the guy from Zoo York that may have had a hand in the murderer of this nephew disappearing.

Bennetti, was it? I don't think we ever heard from him again.

Yeah, I thought he was a tough guy. I'm all for the "new mob" tangling with Mac. More badass Mac, the better :devil:

Any show that is set in New York HAS to have a mafia case or two, or three, or most. If it'll be a mafia thing again -- maybe it's time to explore or introduce Danny's parents.

To veer away from Danny, I so want to dig Flack's back story.

chaostheory08 said:
If it'll be a mafia thing again -- maybe it's time to explore or introduce Danny's parents.

This is something I'd really like to see, whether it's a little bit of background info or a case that's connected to his past/family.

Yeah, it's the producers' fault anyway -- beefing up Danny's past like that. They also gave the hint that he did come from a mafia-ish family. So apart from Louie being in Tanglewood, what else are they willing to supply?

I just read about Edward Furlong having a recurrent role this season and my first thought was that this might have something to do with Mac's nemesis. It doesn't necessarily have to be him but maybe there will be a storyline unfolding throughout the season and he's gonna be part of that.

Nim mentioned over in the 'Was Danny Abused' thread that the CSI:NY books stated that Danny's father and grandfather were cops as well. Now that may or may not be true for the show, and I can't really remember the specifics to know if it's exactly what was said in the book, but it's something interesting to consider.

What if it's not that Danny's dad was a mobster, but that he was a cop in the mob's pocket? Is it worse to be a cop with a family that's mobbed up or to be the son of a corrupt cop who also goes into the NYPD?...hmm...

Orison, I thought the exact same thing, when I read about Edward Furlong having a recurring role this season and being involved in an ongoing case re: a serial killer. Could Furlong be Mac's nemesis that Zuiker mentioned in his interview? I'd love to see the much more experienced, older Mac going up against a much younger, "less experienced" criminal mastermind of sorts.

I also agree re: Danny's family. Yes, they did hint at his family possibly being slightly "mob-ish", didn't they? I'd love to see some development of that. Didn't earlier spoilers indicate that Danny's past would come back yet again to haunt him in some way? That would fall in perfectly with that type of storyline...

Back