The Secrets Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by eggbe4thechicken, May 1, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I am the opposite, I have very little empathy, and I fake it all the time. I want to care about others, but it doesn't happen.

When I am home alone, I like to sing and dance around :lol:

I am happiest when I am alone...being around people freaks me out.

2. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

xfcanadian, I'm more like that. I tend to feel worse for people I don't know/aren't close with. I start thinking they deserve the bad things that happen to them, given what I know about them.

The thing about myself that I don't really tell anyone is that I connect better with fictional characters than with people I actually know.

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Even though it's probably a long time away, I worry about having children because I fear that losing the pregnancy(sp?) weight will take forever. I hear that shedding post-baby weight is a nightmare :eek:.

I also obsess over having great legs. Like, whenever I'm on the computer or watching tv I constantly do all these leg excercises. When I wear dresses this summer I want my legs to look good.

If any of my family or friends knew my two "secrets" they'd laugh :lol:.

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Yeah I get that too. Also when you go in the store I get paranoid that people are thinking that you need to shop, because the clothes you are wearing are horrible. Strange thoughts run through my head all day long. :rolleyes:

5. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I'm very cautious of people. I don't like to be around people I don't know, I don't like to talk to people, and I HATE calling people up, as I've said. However, get to know me, and I never shut up. :lol:

This isn't a secret, but I don't tell meny people, I'm adopted. My birth mother was way too young and incapable of raising a chiled, so she found my parents, who couldn't have kids. It's actually pretty cool how she cared enough to give me up, but was stupid enough to get pregnant to begin with. Thank God for her mistake, I'd say. :lol:

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I recognise that, difference being I have scars on all sorts of places on my body. Are you still doing it?

*hugs*

7. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Yeah, but it's gotten alot better, i used to do it everyday, abd now it's maybe like twice a month. I don't want to go for a doctor for it, somebody telling me to stop won't make me, i'll stop when i want to, you know what i mean.

8. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I pretend little things don't bother me but they actually do.

I leave everything to the last minute, then start freaking out that last minute that I have to do it, and start blaming people that had nothing to do with it.

I pretend I'm not that lazy but I am. I get people to get things for me that are like 2 feet away.

I hate going to the doctor. I'd actually rather live with the problem I'm having until it's unbearable before I have to go to the doctor. One time I had a cough for a month (you're supposed to go after a week) and I got forced to go to the dcotor, I wasn't going to go.

9. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i'm horrible for doing that. i'll know about something i have to do for weeks and i'm up at 3 in the morning the night before working on it and then i'm pissed off because i know i could have done it all those other times. i don't know how many times i've woke up for class drooling on my textbook with a highlighter stuck to my forehead (this morning being one of them)...not cool.

10. SaraSidle_girl

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. People tried to help or force me a lot of times to stop but as long as you don't really want it yourself, you won't make it. And now I want it. But I am being realistic. Its very likely I will nog make it directly. There might be a moment I fall back into my old behaviour and cut or burn myself again. But than I'll pick myself up and start over again :)

11. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

whaa this thread is going fast! I am glad not to be the only one with bipolar disorder! I can live with it quit good and it is funny to see that most people around here take their disorders just for who they are... It should be like that. Usually that means that you can live with it, have adjusted yourself to it so it doesn't make live in something negative!

Hehe people afraid of closets, under the bed and such... I dislike mirrors in the dark. Scared to see something in it :p And I also hate phones! I am not a big fan of answering or calling with that thing... Probably because I can't see anyones emotions and since I lack the skill of understanding most emotions from people it makes it harder with being on the phone. Before I was diagnosed with bipolar they thought I had aspergers... But that is not true! later on it was just bipolar and no skills for understanding others emotions. But you learn over the years... But I still hate the phone :p

I do have a cellphone but it is always out of pre paid money or my battery is empty! :lol:

12. eggbe4thechicken

You seen 'the others'? Imagine if you ever didn't see your reflection in a mirror. :eek:

Anywho, I can't believe I haven't told this one yet. :lol:
    I'm afraid of Cotton Woool. Well maybe not afraid, but I can't touch it, look at it, etc. The worst part of having injections for me is the cotton wool they put on afterwards. *shudder*
    It's because cotton wool is sort of 'squeaky', lol, and sort of stringy too, I'm getting freaked out just thinking about it. :eek:
    The worst combination is cotton wool and metal, you know like picking it up with tweezers.

I don't feel so good. :eek:

I'll stop describing it now. :lol:

13. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

after so long it just becomes a part of you. i think thats why i actually disliked being on meds, they changed me and i didn't know myself anymore. and if that was what "normal" felt like, i didn't want any part of it.

there was like some rhyme or something when i was a kid about bloody mary or something and you said it 3 times and then looked in a mirror in the dark and seen her. to this day i will NOT look in a mirror in the dark just because the thought of that freaks me out. yeah i know its just a stupid kid thing but i can't do it.

i've never told ANYONE that. probably because it makes me look really pathetic....oh well. lol

14. SaraSidle_girl

I heard about that rhyme. Saw it once on the X Files too. I had planned on writing down how it went but changed my mind :)

15. eggbe4thechicken

It doesn't make you pathetic at all ilh. Most peoples fears are irrational. What's cotton wool going to do to me? Suffocate me? :lol: (God that's a horrible thought. :eek:)
    Feel good to share though? :D