The Promise of the Future-GSR RP

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Jan 20, 2007.

1. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

She plopped back down on the couch smiling at her persuasion to watch her favorite movie. "So I guess I'm supposed to stay awake for this whole movie?" He joked as he ran his hand through her hair. She let her eyes close as she grabbed his arm and pulled her way to his chest. She leaned against his chest. "Shouldn't be that hard now right?" She looked up at him half laughing. She turned her attention to the TV screen as the movie started to play.

2. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

The last thing he wanted to do was watch this romantic cartoon. He wanted to watch her, and in fact he found himself doing just that as he continued to stroke her hair away from her face as she laid against him. This felt right. He was one to usually hold back from love because for starters his job made it difficult for him to have a personal life--or that was what he wanted to believe. Truth was part of him felt love really didn't exist after witnessing so many harsh cruelties in the world.

He could not help but remember the time he lashed out unwittedly at Catherine when she went out one night after work to unwind. The person she chose to 'unwind' with was a complete stranger, and one that was brought in for questioning afterwards as a murder suspect. Her actions angered him so that he wasn't sure exactly what really set him off: was it the fact that she let herself go so easily or his fear to let himself go at all? He sighed at his own thoughts as he realized just how long he had held back from Sara who seemed to have just patiently waited for him to make up his mind that was so determined to deny her. "Why did you wait for me?" He found himself whispering without realizing.

3. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

So this is love, Mmmmmm So this is love So this is what makes life divine I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm

Sara was so tuned into the TV and Grissom brushing her hair that she would have hardly noticed that he had asked her a question, if it weren't for his stomach doing flips under her head. "Why did you wait for me?"

And now I know The key to all heaven is mine My heart has wings, Mmmmmm And I can fly

"What?" Sara asked puzzled looking up at him. "What are you taking about?" she asked part of her focus still on the
    movie. It finally clicked. "Oh wait, I get it." She stumbled over her words, unsure how to talk.

I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of Mmmmmm

"I guess I waited for you because I never knew if this would be a good idea but when you were ready to try, I would be."

Mmmmmm So this is love

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

(ooc who do we need most other than who we have? Just wondering)

5. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

MacGirlsMel...are you wanting to play someone?

Grissom twirled a strand of her hair as he listened to her response. "Well, I'm glad you waited." Grissom sighed as his thoughts drifted back to today and the turmoil that would be bound to exist when they all went back to work.

The nerve of Sam Braun to say that Catherine would clear his name and that he was not involved in Sara's brother's murder. This just resulted into something more sinister, and he knew Catherine would not do anything to jeopardize the lab. But now that her dad was a likely suspect, he had to take her off the case. That small fact unnerved him, and not that he did not believe his other CSIs could handle it, but he knew Catherine could handle it better.

"You need to call Catherine. You two seriously need to work things out. I've pulled her from the case, Sara which means I don't have someone on the front line to deal with the press. I realize you were angry at my decision to keep her on at first, but I seriously had my reasons," he stopped as he shook his head. "I know you just lost your brother, and things are very hard for you at the moment. But, Cath is stuck in the middle of something very nasty. I just hope you two can overcome this because the lab needs you both."

6. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

"You need to call Catherine." He said. She nodded and reached for her phone. She hesitated for a moment. "What should I say,I mean its not everyday that I call and apologize. I'm not even that great at it." She glanced at her phone for a moment before returning it to her pocket.

7. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"I don't think you really have anything to apologize for because I think you both are caught in a nasty spot. You don't even have to call her now if your not ready. Just know that she cares and she's concerned for you." He stopped momentarily as he kissed her gently on the forehead. "And trust me...if her father is guilty; she won't rest until he's put away."

8. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

"Alright. I will call her later" It was in Sara's nature to be a bit stubborn. "I know she cares" She mumbled. 'I hope Sam's not guilty' She thought to herself. 'I would feel awful for that, I could never look at Cath the same way to know that my brother was the reason that he was behind bars'. She looked up at Grissom. "If Sam is the killer, how mad would Cath be. She wouldn't be the same Cath would she. a completly different women"

9. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"I just hope Sam isn't the killer. Or shall I say that he wasn't involved. I'm sure Catherine would change drastically...not sure how, but I do know that she'd disown Sam after she got in his face. But things change all of Sara. I'm sure losing your brother will change you somehow. Doesn't always mean it will be for the bad," Grissom whispered as he rubbed her arms gently.

10. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

"I'm sure losing your brother will change you somehow. Doesn't always mean it will be for the bad," She already knew that one change made already was the fact that she let her emotions for Grissom spill out. " I can think of one change already" she teased. At that moment she pulled her phone back out and dialed Catherines number. "Hey Cath, before you say anything, I would just like to say I have heared about today. Im sorry you were laid off the case. That must suck." She said looking up at Grissom still.

11. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Watching television, Catherine sighed as she threw the remote next to her. The last thing she wanted to was this. She desperately wanted to be on Stephan's case because she knew she could solve yet without a doubt. Then her Dad turned up as a suspect, and if things could have gotten worse--they did. On public TV, Sam had the nerve to say that she would clear his name.

Her phone vibrating on her hip brought her back to reality as she tugged it forward and said Hello without looking at the screen.

"Hey Cath, before you say anything, I would just like to say I have heared about today. Im sorry you were laid off the case. That must suck." She listened in surprise as Sara continued to ram her sentences together.

"Sara..., I'm fine," Catherine whispered as she let out a shaky breath. "I just...I swear I never told Sam I was going to clear him. I didn't even know about his involvement until he was surrounded by reporters. How are you holding up?"

12. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

"Sara..., I'm fine,I just...I swear I never told Sam I was going to clear him. I didn't even know about his involvement until he was surrounded by reporters. How are you holding up?" Catherine said shakily. "I'm", She paused smiling at Grissom "Fine now. Are you sure you are ok? You sound really shook up" Sara asked uneasliy. The tone in Catherines voice suggested that she was going through a rough patch.

13. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"I'm", Catherine heard a small pause in Sara's voice before she continued on in what seemed to be a more content tone that was laced with concern. "Fine now. Are you sure you are ok? You sound really shook up."

Catherine cleared her throat as she looked at her television that had her father being broadcasted on every news station. She heard as one of the obvious newbie reporters talked on about what was discovered earlier today. "...and Mr. Braun declared today that his daughter that works for the LVPD will have his name cleared of all charges. Damn it, why did her father have to drag her name through all this turmoil?

Remembering that she was on the phone, she quickly switched gears. "Oh... I'm fine. It's just been a," she suddenly stopped as the same reporter caught her attention yet again with his on-going ramblings. "...according to my inside source...this lovely CSI not only sniffed the magic powder, but was a known legend of the exotic night life as a stripper who bared all...perhaps she's about to bare more than skin this time around. Thanks for tuning in to TWB this is..." She switched the station quickly as her cheeks flared hot with anger and unprofound embarrassement. How did they get that information about her?

Feeling the hot tears as they stung the back of her eyes, she took a deep shaky breath before she continued to speak. "Sorry... it's just been a long day. I'm fine." Thoughts of going out for a drink were running rampant through out her mind as she grabbed her purse. Stopping briefly in front of the TV, she watched on in frustration as another news station was running their mouth off about her. "Damn it!" Rubbing her temple with her other hand, her eyes fell shut with the sudden impact of everything. Her father possibly being responsible for the death of Sara's brother, and not to mention the latest buzz of gossip that was now floating around about her that made her look no better than a cheap prostitute. "I'm so sorry about your brother Sara; and I know that doesn't make anything better... I just," she stopped yet again as she locked her front door behind her. Lucky for her, Lily was watching Lindsey, so she planned on taking advantage of grabbing a few drinks. Anything to just ease some of the stress from her shoulders.

"I just hope you know I care," Catherine whispered as she started her engine, and backed out of her drive way. Right now, Jack or some other brand name of liquor was calling her name.

14. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

"Oh... I'm fine. It's just been a" Catherine stopped abruptly. Sara held her breath for an answer. It sounded like she was listening to the tv. Her breathing on the other end seemed to get frustrated."Sorry... it's just been a long day. I'm fine." She finished. "Damn it!" She mumbled on the other line. "What?"she asked quickly. Catherine wasn't her self today. somethings up Sara mouthed to Grissom."I'm so sorry about your brother Sara; and I know that doesn't make anything better... I just," Sara heared the lock of a door on the other end. What was she doing. she sounds no better off than me! Sara thought to herself."I just hope you know I care," She whispered as her car started. "I know. If there is anything you want to talk about at anytime, just call me."Sara implied secretly wondering what Catherine could be leaving her house for. "I've got to go, bye" Sara said, swiftly hanging up. "She left her house for some reason" She told Grissom. "Where could she be going! I know I shouldn't worry, but its CAtherine, we all know about when she gets upset, she lets loose. What if she goes to far?" Sara sounded like a mother.

15. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"She left her house for some reason" Grissom listened as he frowned as she continued to worry about Catherine. "Where could she be going! I know I shouldn't worry, but its Catherine, we all know about when she gets upset, she lets loose. What if she goes too far?"

"Well, she's a big girl... I wouldn't worry. Perhaps she just has a hot date... like I do," Grissom winked as he rested his arm around Sara's shoulders. He sighed when Sara stood up immediately before she started to pace before him. "Sara... I don't think Catherine would jeopardize what she has created for herself. If that is what you are worried about... she loves her job."

He watched on as Sara flipped the tv on, and the room filled with the latest news. The reporter started off with a hit and run feature about a little boy that was ran over, but miraciously only had a broken wrist. Then the reporter began to gossip about Stephen's murder, and the likely suspect that they had just pulled into custody. No one other than Sam Braun. How did the reporters get wind of this? His frown furrowed much deeper as Catherine's picture was broadcasted across the screen. It was a random picture of her wearing her crime vest as she was walking the perimeter of a crime scene. After overcoming his shock, Grissom focused on what the reporter was saying. ...And according to the big shot himeself...Mr. Sam Braun declares that his daughter will clear his name. His daughter who was once an exotic stripper that bared it all... now works in a prominent position with the LVPD. Makes one wonder how she landed such a position. Perhaps she rided her way to the top. Thanks for listening to TWB this is Paul Ritter stay tuned for the latest news of all news.

"Turn that off," Grissom demanded as he stood up. "I can't believe the media is making such a muckery out of your brother's murder. This goes beyond low to captures nothing but the ratings. Damn them for doing that. I can't believe they are trying to link a sex scandal with our department," Grissom whispered as he raked his hands though his graying hair. "I sure hope Catherine hasn't heard this..."