The Official Pets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately my girlfriend and I have been talking about having another cat (one day). Rationally speaking it's nonsense as we have neither the space nor the money for that, but kitten are sooo adorable and we find ourselves wanting one whenever we see one on TV or on a pic.

So we were trying to picture how our furry friend would react to a baby.

Here's a visual:

He would be such a cute big brother, wouldn't he?

It's really hard to remind ourselves of all the reasons for a second cat being a bad idea...

eggbe4thechicken

They do the nasty and then lay eggs. Tarantulas can have LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of babies. One of mine is pregnant now and I'm going to have a ton of little spiders in a few months.

What are you going to do with the babies??

AndreinaI agree, dogs are something else :) I wouldn't trade my dogs in for anything.

I've got one more pet to share, I can't believe I left him out the last time. This is my Parrot Johnny NASCAR :rolleyes: please don't laugh much at the name ;)

Johnny NASCAR

MiaCharlize said:

He would be such a cute big brother, wouldn't he?

but would he eat his little sibling? :p pixie tried to take on a 120 pound malamute (she is a 5 pound abyssinian) so there was no chance of us getting a second cat :lol:

my poor hodges has a lump! im taking him to the vet on friday and hope its just an abscess. hes a middle aged rat so he could be getting into tumor territory :(
here are some of my boys goofing off:
erm...were busy! come back later!
archie hanging out in a yogurt container
hodges crawled up my sleeve and decided he didnt want to come out!

allmaple I hope everything works out OK for Hodges. I've found rats to be a fun pet to have. We've got customers in our store that think I'm nuts to suggest they get a rat for a pet. My first experience with a rat was way back in elementary school. One of my sisters brought George, the rat, home for the summer. I remember an aunt saying no way was she going to hold George. Next thing you know George is crawling over her and she's in love with him :) Unfortunately George didn't make it through the summer :( We did give him a fitting burial in the garden.

Having just mentioned Yoshi in another thread I find the pet thread. Excellent.

This is Yoshi pretending to be a model cat, when in reality he's pretty much like this for about 18 hours each day :rolleyes:
His sister Taz just sits looking at all of us in a rather aloof and slightly intimidating manner.

Jacquie when you said 'store cats' I didn't realise you meant they actually lived in the store. :D

...and that photo of Hodges is really sweet allmaple.

Yoshi said:
Jacquie when you said 'store cats' I didn't realise you meant they actually lived in the store. :D

Yes Yoshi Becky and Caramel have lived in out store for almost 7 years now. As most of us know cats don't travel all that well. So it is easier to leave them in the store. They tolerate the dogs that come in with their owners. All our customers respect that it is Becky and Caramels home so the dogs usually are cat friendly.A lot of stores that are in the chain that we have a franchise with have store cats. Helps keep the mice down if any are stupid enough to get in a store that have cats in it :lol: I like you two cats :) It's nice to see that they enjoy a comfortable life as well :)

Jacquie and Yoshi, I just LOVE your cats! They are soooo cute. I am a kitty addict and those pics are just great! Love sleepy kitties! :D

allmaple, lovely pics of your pets. I hope Hodges will be fine soon. :)

allmaple, I hope that Hodges get better soon. ;)
Yoshi and Jacquie, your cats are adorable. Taz reminds me of my cat Zara...

Beautiful cats Yoshi and Jacquie. I'm a cat lover myself, and yours are adorable. Mine are a little camera shy, but i will try and get some up-to-date pics up soon.

Hope Hodges gets well soon, allmaple.

Hi, I am new to this forum and just found this thread. Great! I like all the pictures, they are so cute. I have got a cat, but no pictures at the moment.

Jacquie said:
Caramel
i can just picture someone going for a can of food and getting more than they bargained for :lol:

hodges is getting his lump removed next week, and should be ok after that. some people may think its crazy to spend so much money on a rat but ive always felt if a pet needs medical attention and you deny it, you have no business owning that pet.

i guess tumors (if that is what it is) grow pretty quickly in rats, and even a benign one could get so large in a matter of weeks that the rat would need to be put down. money is money but hodges is my baby, and if we get rid of the lump and it extends his life by a year its worth it :D

allmaple I hope things go well for Hodges. Caramel has a tendency to hide in other things and not just shelfs of food. A customer got a surprise the other day when she lifted up some beds and Caramel was in the middle of them :lol: The first time we noticed that Caramel like to burrow was when we found dog toys on the floor. We use to have a dog bed full of toys sitting on the dog food. Caramel would kick the toys out to make room for herself :)

Wow I had to really dig down to find this thread.

I got my very own digital camera for Christmas so of course the cats will be photographed a lot :)

Here are two of the guys helping my hubby with his morning computer work

Oliver and Thomas Oliver is the orange tabby and Thomas is the white one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back