The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

^ she's so sweet :)
    My cat Hadleigh used to shred the curtains if we didn't tie them up out of the way lol.

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

That little fella is so adorable.

My cat is currently watching TV with me, he's lying with his tummy facing up and he is sticking his tail up in the air. Such a cutie, I'm so in love. :D

3. mitzi962000

mitzi962000 CSI Level Two

thanks guys, she loves the telly too, her favorite is the mummy returns, my mam says its cause of the movement, but i swear its cause of Brendan Fraiser :lol:

4. jencsimiamigrl

jencsimiamigrl Hit and Run

Have a betta fish that i recently got named Probie. I watch NCIS and it's an nod to MCGee who i love.
    Jen

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

My cat hates he. I just cut his claws and now he looks at me with that pissed off facial expression. But what the hell, he'll get over it. :p

BTW, does anyone else have a cat that is very selective in it's food preferences? Mine is terrible, like one day he eats that certain brand and the next he despises it and looks at me angrily when I refuse to give him other food. I don't know what to do with him sometimes, he's so stubborn, he just won't eat when he doesn't like it, but I have no way of knowing beforehand which food he wants, so I have a 50/50 chance everytime I feed him something.

6. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

^ Yep. I can give my cat one brand of food for only one week, after that he just won't eat it anymore. So now I have to buy 2 brands of food, 1 for one week and 1 for the one after that. :rolleyes: Though if there's a week in between he can eat that other brand again. :rolleyes:

7. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Haha, I wish mine was that easy, I've tried over 10 different brands, and I'm always buying new ones when he's fed up with the old ones, because once he decided he doesn't like one anymore he won't eat it again, ever. It's not just that he likes or dislikes a certain brand, he also doesn't like food that is mushed together. He almost exclusively eats bits in jelly or souce. And fish, cooked, raw, frozen even. He'd kill for fresh fish ;)

I'm glad he at least loves his one brand of dry food, he gets the same every night and never complains. :D

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I've been sort of lucky with my cats. At home 3 out of 4 will eat the good quality canned food while the fourth one prefers the junk food. I don't mind feeding them this way because they all eat the good quality dry food. Now the 2 stores cats are totally different. One will only eat canned junk food and the other is on a prescription diet from the vets. She's a little on the overweight side. Fortunately she doesn't get in the other's food. When I call a can food junk I usually mean it's less expensive. The lower end foods don't use high end products for their food. In North America here I consider Fancy Feast and Friskies junk food. There is nothing wrong with them but there are better quality foods out there. The vets around here like to call Fancy Feast Kitty cocaine because once the cats taste it there hooked :lol: Now that being said it is still the number one seller in our store. It's also what one of the store cats eats :)

I know some cats don't like their food cold so I usually leave the canned food covered on the counter. I don't leave it out for more than a day though. Also some older cats like the stinker food. As they get old they lose their sense of smell. So sometimes you need to break down and buy the less expensive stuff as it is usually smeller.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

When I used to work at a part time job on the weekends, a cat would live in a crawl space under the building and come around to the back door. During the week, the office people would feed him dry cat food and a bowl of water. On Sundays, I would bring a can of moist cat food. When I drove up around 5:30 am, sometimes he would meet me at the end of the sidewalk near the parking lot. If it was the kind of cat food that came out of the can in one large clump, he would gobble it down in less than five minutes. But if it was the chunks in gravy, he would lick the gravy, come back for more about an hour later, and more later on. He didn't care for that type. Also picky about the brands. Didn't care for the brand the TV cat Morris liked in those commercials.

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I have the most gorgeous looking cat ever, he's ginger and white :). I'll try and find a picture of him. He's so playful and naughty, he's fantastic.

11. mitzi962000

mitzi962000 CSI Level Two

my old cat pebbles, who passed sadly 2yrs ago at the good old age of 18, was as fussy as they came, she would demand food 4 times a day, and would turn her nose up if..
    it wasnt fresh, no way would she eat what was over from the
    morning..like about 3 hrs before, and ive seen me having to, open up like maybe 4 tins a day to find out which she wanted, not that the dogs minded :lol:, luckily my new kitten will eat anything going, but then again kittens tend to think with their bellys :D

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I have a German Shepherd who will be 3 at the end of January. He's name is Rogen and he's the best.

Let's see, he's a 123 lb. moose and very protective of his mom.

He is totally obsessed with chasing the flashlight, balls (do you know how many "tennis" dog balls I'v bought? Strong jaws) and sticks.

Here's a pic of him and one of him at work with me

You can check out his dogster page too

In case you didn't know, there's a catster.com too.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We have a dog and a cat:

[​IMG]

Buddy is the cat and Lily is the dog. (also in my avatar)

Buddy's an old man, we took him in as a stray 12 years ago and the vet estimated his age to be 2-3 at that time. Every time we'd go outside he'd greet us with a meow and purring. After he was around a few days, we'd talk to him, saying, "Hey, buddy, where'd you come from?" "Hey, buddy, how are you today?" That's how he got himself into the house and how he got his name. We put the bandana on him as a joke and he kept it on for two days! - with us watching to make sure he didn't strangle himself, of course. My step-dad is the king of nicknames, so we call him, Bud, Budrick, Budinski, Budenstein, etc.

Lily is 4, my parents got her from a pet store as a puppy. She's half Siberian Husky and half Standard Poodle.
    Yeah, we'd never heard of crossing those two before either. :lol: I don't know what they call that, but I call her a Poosky. She is very vocal - greeting us with barks and howls when we get home from being out, and she also "sings" when my step-dad plays his guitar. She runs and leaps like a deer, but she's clumsy, so she skids before she comes to a stop. We call her Lillian, Lillers, Lilihan, han, Lillehammer, Silly Lilly, etc.

ETA: Here's a full body shot of Lily after her spring trim last year:

[​IMG]

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Aww, great stories and pictures everyone! I have to say, PA, rather like your step-dad, we have lots of nicknames for our cats. In fact we usually refer to them by anything other than their actual names. And I still call them kittens even though they are five years old now. :lol:

We moved house in December and the cats have definitely found it stressful. They refused to eat foods that they had previously loved, and now have taken to being much needier and frankly, more annoying than before. My husband has decided that we are never moving house again because it made the cats freak out so much. Poor things, they didn't know what was going on. :(

Anyway, here they are, they are brother and sister and look pretty similar (and usually, pretty evil):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Elsie! You've stolen my cat!

When I went home in the early Dec, I had been a month away and this was waiting for me

Try to relax there :p (they wait for food)
    All cats are different, I mean their main purpose is to catch mice and birds, but of course they get food in the house as well. For example, the striped one doesn't eat cheese and probably is the most picky one. Black (and oldest) one eats pretty much everything and the black 'n white one eats porridge :p

Then i've probably post this before, but I love this. It's our Stripey sleeping in sauna
    Meow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.