The Official Pets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got frogs!!! 2 tiny aquatic frogs!! They are both girls ( i dont want any hanky panky) and there names are Bella and Simon-Harold. I love them, its so fun to watch them swim around with my fish Homer.

Frogs as pets? That's cool! Can you post a picture? And why would you call a girl Simon Harold? Not that it's a foreign concept to me, my two male turtoises have girl names (because you can't determine their gender before the age of 6-10 years)

I love frogs. I just love them. I love springtime and summertime when I can see lots of frogs.

...I am strange, yes I am *goes to listen The Rasmus - Frog*

You are so not weird (Okay, well, maybe, but not on the frog subject). I love frogs too. They are just the symbol of happiness. The way they jump and stuff. :D

Once in pretty summernight I was driving home middle of the night and I saw frog jumping across the road and I thought I hit it with the car and just yelled "frrooogggggyyy"

I think frogs are underestimated - can't believe someone dislikes them :(

Nope, me neither. In springtime they sometimes come to my neighbours pond-thingy, or whatever it's called, and they come trough the fence into my garden too. :D

I like frogs because they eat insects! Now frogs as pets sounds very interesting. We have many customers that have turtles for pets but none have frogs that I know of. We have a pathway in our neighbourhood that winds it's way towards a pond. It's nice to walk around the path and hear the frogs.

i got some weird pets from where it comes my nick name ;) - well first one morning a magpie came on my window of my bedroom - it watched my room so curiously and even saw me inside - then later it started comming and hanging on my balcony every morning - one day it even landed when i was out the balcony there - it didnt scare away weird - so we became pals - then i started leaving walnuts or peanuts (its my guest after all) - the magpie disappeared then it came again with little one just once - then they both stopped comming - i however left the peanuts there in case it come again - and then my luck - a hooded(grey) crow loved my window peanuts - another bird this time bigger - first i was afraid - its bigger then the magpie and then again the crow happened to be friendly so we became pals with it too and now it comes a lot - so i became little bit fan of crows and all kind of corvid birds - they made me interested in in birds in generally and in photography - but i never succeed photographying my window crow - i can make photo of any wild crow or other bird at the street or in parks but not my own - it always hides when i get the camera
it would be cool for me to photograph a raven - they are big bigger then crows and much majestic my other dream is to photograph an eagle :) Im same way like Grissom with the insects - same way i like birds and study and research - just for hobby

I have one male Tuxedo cat, age 12, two budgies, one blue, one turqouise, one hamster which belongs to my daughter, along with her fish.

Our cat is a real spazz, as he climbs the walls, and hangs onto them like spiderman, he also digs in the plants, and hides in the ditry clothes, before wash day, and if the kids throw in a sock, he'll run away with it. :lol: :lol:

This was posted on another message board that my husband frequents and I thought people here might get a kick out of it. I certainly did :)

When Good Dogs Go and Crossbreed

Pointer + Setter =
Poinsetter, a traditional Christmas pet

Kerry Blue Terrier + Skye Terrier =
Blue Skye, a dog for visionaries

Great Pyrenees + Dachshund =
Pyradachs, a puzzling breed

Pekingnese + Lhasa Apso =
Peekasso, an abstract dog

Irish Water Spaniel + English Springer Spaniel =
Irish Springer, a dog fresh and clean as a whistle

Labrador Retriever + Curly Coated Retriever =
Lab Coat Retriever, the choice of research scientists

Newfoundland + Basset Hound =
Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisors

Terrier + Bulldog =
Terribull, a dog prone to awful mistakes

Bloodhound + Labrador =
Blabador, a dog that barks incessantly

Malamute + Pointer =
Moot Point, owned by....oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway

Collie + Malamute =
Commute, a dog that travels to work

Deerhound + Terrier =
Derriere, a dog that's true to the end

Cocker Spaniel + Rottweiller =
Cockrot, the perfect puppy for that philandering ex-husband

Bull Terrier + Shitzu =
Bullshitz, a gregarious but unreliable breed

I share two dogs, Kiara and Cocoa.... Then I have two parakeets, Harry and Hermione. I have a horse, Dreamer Baby I think, (I just got her, I'm trying to decide)

and then we have a donkey named Ginny! :lol:

I've got 3 fish called Derek, Horatio and Scully. Then I gort 2 hamsters last week (well I'm sharing them with my sister) My one's called Calleigh and my sister called hers coco (but I like to call him Eric hehe)

I have a pet cactus who is also called Derek (who isn't really a pet but the only plant I haven't killed. he's been alive for 2 years now :))

i just thought that i would introduce you to the new addition to our household, i had her in november, a early Christmas pressie, she is now 16 weeks and into everything, she is climbing the curtains and terrorisin my two dogs, her newest trick is to sit on my shoulder when im trying to design my wallpapers on the computer, her name is Keesha but sometimes i think we should have called her phsycho, but i love her to bits and wouldnt be without her :D
sirius she isnt related to mine is she :lol: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back