The Locker Room #12 - Real Men Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally finished the movie. *sigh* It was actually more than a little bit depressing. :( I kept wanting to scream at the screen--there were so many times when I could just see Paul taking the wrong turn. :( I guess that's a sign of it being a good movie if I'm still moping about it hours after it's over...

The beginning was a bit cringeworthy (especially regarding some of the acting--including, I'm sorry to say, our dear Mr. Giovinazzo), although there were some great quotes. (I'm in the process of deciding which one to make into my signature. ;)) And there were some moments that made me a little hot under the collar (which I'm sure you'll be happy to know, MrsG :p)--although I ended up looking for a scar on his back (let me smack whoever brought that up back in the day and made me curious :p), so I had no choice but to rewind the scene and watch it again. :eek:

But mostly I just wanted to beat up the mean people and comfort Paul...and then, when he's snuggling into my bosom, I could cut his hair. :eek:

And who was that crazy bitch that ran into his apartment and started throwing things around? I would have taken her to the ground before I chewed him out about it. ;) I should have looked to see if she was in the credits as "crazy screaming bitch." :p

Anyway, I finally got around to watching all of those videos that were posted in the Drool thread, and I just have to mention the fact that, when he was talking about roles that he'd done before NY, he neglected to mention The Learning Curve...curious, no? ;)

ThumpyG said:
^ Exactly, Carmine has to be aware of the lack of chemistry between his character and Lindsay. A person knows if there is chemistry or lack thereof, and it is something that can't be manufactured, either.

Only because...what we are seeing onscreen between the two is FORCED, as a result of Carmine trying to do the best he can with the lines that he is given, but due to the lack of positive energy between the two, it comes out blah! :lol: I couldn't quite voice what I wanted to say right then!

He's sharp--I'm sure he knows. And I'm sure he tries to do the best he can with what he's given at all times, though I noticed a distinct lack of enthusiasm on his part in their scenes in the latter half of the season.

Fay, wasn't that ending AWFUL????? :lol: ;)

Faylinn said:
And there were some moments that made me a little hot under the collar (which I'm sure you'll be happy to know, MrsG :p)--although I ended up looking for a scar on his back (let me smack whoever brought that up back in the day and made me curious :p), so I had no choice but to rewind the scene and watch it again. :eek:
Glad you enjoyed it, Fay. ;) And yeah, that's exactly why I rewound the scene and watched it again. :lol::devil::lol: As for any potential scar on his back, with natural rhythm like that, who gives a shit what's on his back? :devil:

The ending of The Learning Curve was AWFUL-ly sad! Carmine cries and dies ugly in this movie. :lol: Sorry if I spoiled that for anyone, but if you hang out in here enough, you should already know these things.

Just thought you all should know that I had to work today...and I was pretty pissed about it too, until the best Carmine lookalike I've ever laid eyes on came in. I've worked with this guy before, since he's a sub at the same schools I sub at, but it didn't occur to me who he looked like until this afternoon. BTW MrsG, I served your body double at work a couple days ago too. I'm not even kidding, I did a double take when I saw her. Kinda freaked me out a little. :lol:

Yeah, the end of The Learning Curve was really sad. And he can certainly manage the ugly-cry. :rolleyes: Am I the only one who saw him spitting all over the place in the scene where the jackass-guy told him to hand over his shoes?

I kept hoping that the girl would come over and actually talk to him about how she felt and convince him to get out of that situation--I wouldn't have been so disappointed if the guy had killed him for trying to leave, I guess...but I'd really just like to change the ending altogether--I like happy endings, damnit! :p

MrsG, you are so dirty. :p Heh, you know I luvs you. ;)

Ooh, a Carmine look-a-like? :devil: Can I get one of those? :lol:

You know, that reminds me--I was watching this episode of Debbie Travis' Face Lift a while ago, and they were in New York somewhere--I swear to God this family has to be related to Carmine because one of the sons looked like a chubby version of our favorite Staten Island boy. :devil: At first, I was like "hey, he looks a little like Carmine." Then, I kept looking for him in the different scenes, and I realized that he looked more than a little like Carmine. By the end, I just kept looking for him in the background. :lol: I've been trying to keep an eye out for it to come on in a rerun so that I could let you guys know. I haven't seen it yet, but we'll see, eh? ;)

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Faylinn said:
And there were some moments that made me a little hot under the collar (which I'm sure you'll be happy to know, MrsG :p)--although I ended up looking for a scar on his back (let me smack whoever brought that up back in the day and made me curious :p), so I had no choice but to rewind the scene and watch it again. :eek:
Glad you enjoyed it, Fay. ;) And yeah, that's exactly why I rewound the scene and watched it again. :lol::devil::lol: As for any potential scar on his back, with natural rhythm like that, who gives a shit what's on his back? :devil:

:lol: OK, I went back and watched The Learning Curve, and all I could think of was Carmine's natural rhythm and a damn scar on his back. I really didn't care for the movie, but it has stirred up such discussion here and even though I want to take a weed wacker to Carmine's hair, damn that man has it going on :devil: ;)

lookaboomerang said:
BTW MrsG, I served your body double at work a couple days ago too. I'm not even kidding, I did a double take when I saw her. Kinda freaked me out a little. :lol:
Now be a sport and tell me you hooked my body double up with the Carmine look alike. :D :devil:

Fay - Love ya too! :D

Thumpy - How can you even watch The Learning Curve and look for scars? I'm disappointed in you. :lol: Forget the alleged scar and focus on ... um, other things. ;) :devil:

MrsGiovinazzo said:

Thumpy - How can you even watch The Learning Curve and look for scars? I'm disappointed in you. :lol: Forget the alleged scar and focus on ... um, other things. ;) :devil:

:lol: Trust me, during the opening sequence the camera caught a great shot of his ass in his jeans (must have been a LRG behind the camera) of course, there was not enough of that man naked to suit my tastes. *bows head in shame* MrsG I will not disappoint you again. No more looking for scars on his back and looking more for other things :devil:

Sheesh, if I lived with him, I'd have to make it a rule that he always walk around nekkid so that I could ogle him. :devil: I'd give him an apron for when he's cooking me dinner (just to add a little protection, you know ;)), but other than that--all skin, all the time. :devil: (I wonder if it would be possible to install glass walls all over the house... ;) )

But I also saw a great shot of his ass--I think it was in that loft-like place or whatever--if I'm not mistaken, the girl was walking away, and I was just staring at his ass... :p And there were some lovely shirtless shots, as well. :lol:

BTW, am I the only one who loved the swing-thing he installed? *sigh* I'd love for him to break my fall--particularly if we were to fall straight onto a mattress. :devil:

ThumpyG said:See, I don't necessarily have a problem with Danny being in a romance with someone, as long as it is with someone who he actually has chemistry with and it doesn't take away from his overall character.

Well said! I feel the same way! Danny needs to love too. I would like him to have a relationship, but I don't want his personality or charater changing just because he has a girlfriend.

Glad you're back on track, Thumpy. The mind should be on other things at all times. ;) :devil:

Faylinn said:
Sheesh, if I lived with him, I'd have to make it a rule that he always walk around nekkid so that I could ogle him. :devil: I'd give him an apron for when he's cooking me dinner (just to add a little protection, you know ;))
Great idea and very considerate of you too.

BTW, am I the only one who loved the swing-thing he installed?
Um, no, you're not the only one who loved that. I can think of about 101 uses for that swing. :devil:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
lookaboomerang said:
BTW MrsG, I served your body double at work a couple days ago too. I'm not even kidding, I did a double take when I saw her. Kinda freaked me out a little. :lol:
Now be a sport and tell me you hooked my body double up with the Carmine look alike. :D :devil:

I hate to disappoint, but lookalike and body double came in days apart. :lol: Besides, lookalike is a few years younger than Carmine and body double is a few years older than you.

And that swing was rather cute. I was slightly disappointed that it fell from the ceiling though. Could have been useful for so many other scenes! :devil:

lookaboomerang said:
MrsGiovinazzo said:
lookaboomerang said:

I hate to disappoint, but lookalike and body double came in days apart. :lol: Besides, lookalike is a few years younger than Carmine and body double is a few years older than you.
Age is irrelevant. Lookalike and body double could have had a little Demi and Ashton action. The experience of an older woman can be quite attractive to a younger man. ... Okay, you got me, I'm only saying that because I'm older than Carmine. :lol:

And that swing was rather cute. I was slightly disappointed that it fell from the ceiling though. Could have been useful for so many other scenes! :devil:
Exactly. :devil:

Ya know, it's kinda freaky how so many people have seen Carmine lookalikes lately. :lol: I happen to have a UK friend who has a very close male friend who juuuuust happens to look a heck lot like our Mr. G. He looks so much like the guy he gets teased about it all the time.

Perhaps Carmine's got more family out there than he knows. ;)

Kimmychu said:
Ya know, it's kinda freaky how so many people have seen Carmine lookalikes lately. :lol: I happen to have a UK friend who has a very close male friend who juuuuust happens to look a heck lot like our Mr. G. He looks so much like the guy he gets teased about it all the time.

Perhaps Carmine's got more family out there than he knows. ;)

Two words: wishful thinking! :p
As I was using the subway home about ten days ago, a guy was sitting across from me and he was the spitting image not of Carmine directly, but of Thumpy G. Down to the cap-thing on his head. He was a bit chubbier, though. And about 4 inches shorter.
And I somehow don't think Thumpy G would use the subway... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back