The Locker Room #12 - Real Men Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmine always raves about scenes with Gary and Eddie. I'd love to see more of that, too. The best thing about it is that there's always more layers to it than there is with the one-note Danny and Lindsay flirting. I mean, we can read slashy subtext to Danny and Flack or Danny and Mac ;) , but on screen what we're seeing are very complex relationships. I love how Danny struggles with trying to please Mac as a boss, and also relate to him as a father figure. And with Flack, he's got a good friend who genuinely cares about him and gets where he's coming from, since they've bonded over both being cops. That stuff is way deeper than the "flirting" between Danny and Lindsay, which over a whole season, really hasn't even deepened the relationship between the characters at all. It's still the stuff of high school drama, and really, that stuff plays out better and with more depth on The O.C. than it does between Danny and Lindsay.

Faylinn said:
Nah, I haven't finished the movie yet...maybe tomorrow morning when my little sister (who seems determined to be attached to my hip today) is at school. Then I'll get to see some skin. :devil:

You sure that's gonna happen? Tomorrow's Memorial Day...most schools are closed. :lol:

And I have noticed that Carmine seems to be uninterested in the Danny/Lindsay thing too. There's just nothing there at all. Friends? Maybe, but not anything beyond that.

Tomorrow's Memorial Day...most schools are closed.
Damnit, I forgot about that! *grumble* And the movie is due back Tuesday. Why is the world conspiring against me right now? (Maybe if I could just find the DVD in a store somewhere around here...:rolleyes: )

Hmm...that's a valid idea, Dana. ;)

But maybe I can watch it after she goes to bed tonight--I might be up until the ass-crack of dawn, but at least I'll be able to see the movie. :p

^ i don't think so...she'll hate her more when she's older and has a crush on carmine too and learns what she was missing! :p

I don't have much hope that my sister will ever share the same taste in men that I do--I mean, she likes Rupert Grint for cryin' out loud! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd be interested to know exactly how Carmine feels about the Danny/Lindsay relationship. I find it telling that he's so unenthusiastic about it. I'm curious as to what the writers will do in the beginning of S3...

^ i hope lindsay will be hurt coz danny is with another woman. but i'm just a lindsay-hater, so i doubt it'll happen. but i really don't feel their chemistry,and apparently neither does Carmine, so maybe the writers will just stop trying to pair them.

btw rupert grint? like the harry potter dude? lmfao okay... rent her a HP film to watch in another room!

^excellent idea about the HP movie, afrikana ! That way, Fay can watch the end of the movie and get it back on time Tuesday.

Yes, I will say up front that I dislike Lindsay, and the scenes with Lindsay and Danny are horrid, but it is interesting that Carmine doesn't say much about the pairing too! I do hope that the writers see this and drop the whole Lindsay/Danny pairing. I know that the actors have some leeway in regards to character development, but just how much? My wish for season three is that CSI:NY doesn't lose the character development that they have created, still implement the actual forensic science that the show is supposed to be about, and not a damn soap opera. I truly miss the darkness from 'blink' and if the writers could implement more of that, and less fluff, I will be happy. But in the real world,life just isn't like that :rolleyes:

I doubt Carmine has a say in whether the Danny/Lindsay pairing happens, but I wonder if he's voiced his thoughts on it to the writers. The fact that he says virtually nothing about it in interviews is pretty telling to me, given how loquacious he is about everything else.

I think the character stuff is great and I think that stuff is going over well, but the cheesy romance thing isn't working, and I'm hoping that because that scene between Danny and Lindsay that Carmine talked about appears to have been dropped from the finale, that that means the romance stuff has as well.

I've noticed that Danny seemed a bit uncomfortable when he asked Lindsay if she still wanted a ride. It pisses me off how Lindsay is practically still new to the team and yet she is practically paired up with Danny so the show can have some office romance. I'd prefer to see Danny single so it doesn't take away the purpose of the show. I dunno, Danny just doesn't seem ready for a relationship.

See, I don't necessarily have a problem with Danny being in a romance with someone, as long as it is with someone who he actually has chemistry with and it doesn't take away from his overall character.

^Same here. I'm game for a Danny romance--we don't need it, but it certainly could be fun. I thought he was beyond adorable with that girl on the train in "Risk" and he and Maka spark together. I loved the idea of Danny and Stella when they hinted at sparks in the first half of season one.

I can't imagine that Carmine is unaware that Danny and Lindsay don't spark. The man has chemistry with everyone but Anna. I think it is interesting that the one thing he does seem to like is the Montana thing, which he put in. That's very Danny--he nicknamed Adam "Einstein" at one point too. But he just doesn't seem to want to talk about the romance the writers are trying, and I can't help but wonder if that's because he's not a fan of it, either.

^ Exactly, Carmine has to be aware of the lack of chemistry between his character and Lindsay. A person knows if there is chemistry or lack thereof, and it is something that can't be manufactured, either.

Only because...what we are seeing onscreen between the two is FORCED, as a result of Carmine trying to do the best he can with the lines that he is given, but due to the lack of positive energy between the two, it comes out blah! :lol: I couldn't quite voice what I wanted to say right then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back