The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Devil Wears Prada on Wednesday and it was ok. Meryl Streep was flawless in playing Miranda Priestly and Anne Hathaway portrayed her character perfectly. The plot was somewhat disapointing though, and the ending was unsatisfying. But i loved all the couture fashion elements in the movie.
Overall I'd give it a B

I finally watched Lemony Snickets last night, I thought it was stupid!!! My roommate has watched it several times and liked it. I'm just not a big fan of Jim Carey.

* American Gigolo *

This is the best film all the time with Richard Gere. He plays a man for certain hours for rich lonely women and comes into a mirder case, but he was not the killer and must be fight around the truth.....

Great actors, fantastic music and hot outfits... :eek:

And to not forget the romantic and passion in the film... :)

Hostel ...the first part of the movie is nothing but three guys looking for some action with the ladies. When the real action begins it's a bloody mess. I found the premise of people who couldn't make it in medical school and have now turned to torturing and killing people, a bit farfetched.

Yesterday, I also saw Mr. Bean... I think the film is call Mr. Bean in USA. He's really funny. But I don't want to have him around. :lol:

Superman, 40 Year Old Virgin, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. All good movies, but PIRATES- arr, awesome movie! I love all the ones that I watched, though. the 40 Year Old Virgin was just hilarious.

I just watched both Firewall and Glory Road. They were both really great. I really liked Glory Road because it was a true story and I thought it was an amazing thing. Firewall was a good suspense. Kept me guessing until the very end.

I saw Jane Austen's Emma again since it was first released. It's delightfully light-hearted, and Gwyneth Paltrow played the heroine beautifully. I thought Toni Collette was superb as Harriet Smith. But it's nothing compared to Pride and Prejudice (the miniseries). I recognized one of the dances in Emma from P&P so I gave it half an extra star. :) 3.5/5.

Another movie I saw is Beautiful Girls. Loved it! Brilliant performances by Timothy Hutton and Natalie Portman.

the devil wears prada...didn't like it that much....i'm about to watch star wars episode III soon....in the next hour or so...

Superman Returns. Definitely liked it, although there was actually less action then I expected. Great performances all round from the cast though.

And on DVD- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Very strange but I still liked it. Mind you, I usually like all of Wes Anderson's movies, so it's not really a shock. :)

I can safely say I watched the most bizarre and disturbing film I have ever seen in my life and I've seen some strange films! :eek: Clockwork Orange, I feel someone should have warned me before I watched it. :lol: I would love to tell what is was about, but I'm a bit confused. Very strange film. :eek:

A few days ago I watched Dead Fish, I thought it was fantastic. I couldn't stop laughing. It's not an easy film to get hold of unfortunately, but I really recommend it. :)

I saw POTC: Dead Man's Chest. It was sooo good! I thought it was better than the first one. I thought it was kinda funny at parts too, which made it even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back