The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Re: The Great Ship Debate

You got it, in hopes that they do put these two together more in the upcoming season.. I would love that

2. GreatTyrant

GreatTyrant Dead on Arrival

It was what he was wearing in the pre-credits when Brass asks where his people are & Griss says they were all on cases & he was on a date...Its the episode where the cabbie gets jumped by a mob who thinks he's leaving after a stabbed boy walks in from of his cab & dies, but he was calling dispatch...

I think he was mildly attracted to Sofia...He tends to be fascinated by women in general, but I doubt anything "happened"...Not that she wasn't interested...but in Sara's case, I think he turned her down because he wasn't interested...him asking the others out proves to me that if he's interested he asks...Whether it works out or not...But he never asked Sara out...And when she asked, he turned her down each time...Clearly I'm missing what GSRs are seeing...

There is no them after his royal screw-up in Lady Heather's Box...She made it clear in POT3R that he had "forfeited the right" to her "long ago"...He'd have to up his game for her to be interested in him again...

EXACTLY...I agree...

STOP IT!...Your English is FINE!!!...lol :)

3. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I think that is 'Blood Lust'. That was way before Sara asked him out. Besides, Sara had a boyfriend at the time.

4. jofod

jofod Police Officer

I state in advance i’m a huge GSR shipper. Why? I don’t know. Maybe because from the beginning of the show i fell for Sara and Grissom and the way they interact. It’s a matter of taste and tastes differ. Having said that , regarding the argument of this thread i think both GSRs and anti-GSRs are right. CSI isn’t The X-Files or Alias. Behind this show there’s not a Chris Carter or a J.J. Abrhams able to leave an unit mark on it. On CSI there are many “authors” with many POV about the characters and the storylines. Regarding Grissom/Sara we have on the one hand David Rambo, Sarah Goldfinger and Billy Petersen. They are the “creators” of the GSR and they see and portray Grissom as an awkward man unable to express his feelings to the gal he loves. On the other hand we have Carol Mendelshon , Jerry Sthal. They don’t like GSR and they see and portray Grissom as a “playboy” who flirts with every woman he meets. These two factions are unable to reach an agreement and this is the reason why Grissom seems a different character in almost every single episode. What connection is there between the Grissom of Lady Heather’s Box and the Grissom of Butterflied? It’s frustrating. It seems they will never know the meaning of the words coherence and continuity. I’m not surprised if CSI has never won an Emmy as best drama. However for now seems that the Rambo/Goldfinger/Petersen POV prevails. I hope this won’t change.
    I apologize for the long post and my bad English.

5. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Maybe these writers convinced Stahl and Mendelsohn, since Stahl directed 'Way to Go' and Mendelsohn is suddenly very in favor of the Grissom/Sara relationship.

But you are right. There are many writers with many POV's of the characters. Shipwise, this is not very bad, because it leaves many options open. But for one character, it's kind of disturbing.

6. GreatTyrant

GreatTyrant Dead on Arrival

Well, it looks like TPTB have decided to address continuity issues that arose over the Season 6 finale...YTDAW just added a spoiler regarding "pre Vegas GSR"...

Thoughts?

<edited to remove hint of mild spoiler>

7. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

1st thought is to run screaming, 2nd thought is "doesn't this belong in the spoiler thread?"

GSR is just so incomprehensible, I mean, no offense, but what can a beautiful, intelligent and sensible woman possibly see in that weird, emotionally disabled, old man?

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Personally, I just don't want for it to suddenly come out that they had this wild, steamy affair and then he left and they kept in touch and blah blah blah. There was too much... awkwardness with them for it to have been anything more than "I like you, but now that you're here, I don't really know what to do". I think if they had been "intimate" they probably would've fallen back into their old habits in Las Vegas quickly. Which does explain why CM thinks they've been having this relationship for much longer, but it doesn't gel with the Butterflied speech for them to have done anything in Vegas. Also, Sara's speech about "what did or didn't happen" in Invisible Evidence says that he may have made a move in San Francisco, but it never went that far, and now they have to kind of dodge the fact that they almost had something, but they can't because he's 'the boss'. Besides, I don't even see how they can bring this up. It's not as if Ecklie is going to call them into his office and say "I have pictures of you two necking in Golden Gate Park."

9. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I feel the exact same way I was turned off by it that quite honestly I cant watch the reruns anymore its all to confusing for me But *Sighs* alas I'm no power that be or writer I have no say in what happens

10. mariel

mariel CSI Level One

Now that would be priceless. As much as I'm a Snicker, I'd love to see their faces. :lol:

My opinion about the one and only canon ship (GSR, for those who live in caves) is unsure. I'm no GSR expert, but of course I do see the "moments" they share. Sadly enough, I don't like much about the chemistry William and Jorja have (otherwise I could be GSR too, I guess). On the other hand, almost every scene involving Grissom and Catherine makes me smile, because of the fun conversations they have. That's the thing, I think; I need to see fun chemistry because I'm not really into angst and therefor I also prefer Grillows over Yobling. Though I really like the Catherine/Warrick storyline and I'm actually a multishipper when it comes to Catherine, I'm having more fun watching Grissom and Catherine together. They don't necessarily have to be in a romantic relationship as long as their friendship stays the way it is now. Same goes for Nick and Sara.

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Is anyone else completely turned off by the idea of Season 7 because on GSR going canon. I don't think it's the ship, just the way they decided to go about it. As much as I want to know how they're going to explain it, I'm almost too scared to tune in and find out.

Plus, it baffles me why they seem to be worried about the competition from Grey's. They are appealing to very different audiences and tastes. I like Grey's, but I don't know many people who are hardcore followers of both. I scared GSR, and the entire show, will become very soapy because of it.

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Here here.

I don't ship anyone on LV because I've never been interested in shipping any of them. But I will say that I don't prefer GSR at all. I have never really liked it and I've never been able to get into it. Sure, I know there are moments that are very suggestive to say that Sara and Grissom have feelings for each other, and during the finale that was made very known.

And as CSI_Ali said, the show could become very soapy as a result of this arc. If I want soap bubbles, I'll take myself over to CSI:Miami thank you very much. :p People may disagree with me, and that's fine but I've never liked GSR and I probably never will. :)

13. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

w00t! We seem to be agreeing alot lately :lol:.

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: Great mind think alike. ;)

But I've been reading what everyone has to say, and I can see the frustration that GSR brings many fans. - Myself included.

GSR confuses me, and I don't understand for the life of me why these two would be brought together at all. It's one of the main reasons I don't watch CSI as often as I'd like anymore. It's just the one ship I don't understand. I've had an open mind about all the other ships from CSI, Miami and NY, but this one just baffles me.

And the reasons why, are as stated above many times.

See? We're agreeing again. How crazy is this? :p

Right there is the main reason I have issues with GSR. It doesn't seem realistic to me, that these characters would fall in love with each other. It would be completely out of character, and if anything right now the show needs character continuity.

*sigh* But if people like GSR, that's their business. :)

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I totally agree with CSI_Ali, GSR doesn't make sense the way they show it. I mean, if these two were actually to be in a relationship that should have happened before, but obviously it didn't. There's been enough scenes to make that clear. And now, out of nowhere they are together? And suddenly they've already been together years ago? I'm sorry, I just don't buy that. It's weird. And wrong.
    Watching that last scene of season 6 I felt like reading bad fanfiction, just bringing them together for the sake of it. It's more out of character than most fics.
    But hey...it's just a TV show, right?
    And,CSI_Ali, as for the "imagine the two kissing" - ewww! (Sorry, not to sound rude)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.