The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Great Ship Debate

I'll try not to make this go on too long ;)

CSI: Las Vegas
Like -

Snickers - The first thing that drew me to Snickers was the chemistry between them. In the early seasons, it was undeniable, they definately flirted back and forth. I really enjoyed their interactions, they could make absolutely anything into a nice little moment between them, something as simple as talking about gromits for example.

In my opinion, they are the most beliveable couple in LV, and it's largely due to the fact that Jorja and George seem to have some chemistry off-screen too. But if you think about it, the characters are perfect for each other. They are like ying and yang. Sara is quite introverted and not really a social being. She feels uncomfortable in many social situations. With her job she is straight to the point and is very professional. Nick is the complete opposite. They bring out the best qualities in each other, Sara keeps Nick from getting too involved and sympathetic towards victims and her helps her come out of her shell more.

Most importantly, they understand each other and trust each other, along with chemistry that's the most important factors in a good relationship between any two characters.

Yo Bling

They've got a wonderful easy chemistry going on. I'm not a hardcore Yo Blinger, but I think they suit each other perfectly. They sizzle on-screen together, but they get each other and have always been there for each other when times get difficult too (ala Invisible Evidence).

T-4-2

I don't ship them exactly, but if Grissom was going to end up with somebody I'd want it to be Lady Heather. Again, they are like ying and yang. I think Lady H would be the only person Grissom could really open up to, and she's the only one who really understands him.

Dislike

GSR

I don't hate them. I love both the characters, but I just can't see them together. I feel no chemistry when I watch them and quite frankly I just don't understand the feelings between them. How am I supposed to believe that two people so emotionally challenged could ever build a lasting relationship? They can't. They don't understand each other, how many times has Grissom pissed Sara off and not even understood what he had done?

I don't like the way they portray the characters in order to pull this relationship off. Sara, who used to be tough as nails crime fighter come off all needy and pathetic. She's just been twiddling her thumbs waiting for him to make a move. It's sad. In Butterflied, the guy said he could never risk everything for love, that should have been a turning point for Sara, but it wasn't and I hate that they made her look so weak.

Grissom comes off equally as weak. Either he likes her or he doesn't. Make a move, or move along. It almost feels like he's playing with her in a way, and just expects her to drop everything and come running when he's ready. I've never felt like I really knew what his feelings towards Sara are. Butterflied helped, but he said he couldn't do it, and that should be that for a while. Sara should have turned over a new leaf. But then we're supposed to believe they've been at it in secret. Season 6 felt so anti-GSR to me until Way To Go, probably to throw us off the scent, but now they were seeing each other all along. I'm so confused.

I just cannot truthfully ever see them making a lasting relationship. They are too dysfunctional for that. They are the complete opposite of what both of them need in a partner. Do they trust each other? No. Do they understand each other? Hell no! Not one thing about GSR makes sense to me at all.

Sandle Not totally against them but I just don't see it. It was kind of like a teacher/pupil thing. It's very one sided, but it is cute. It's a nice dynamic to have in the show, but it's never going anywhere.

Grillows Again, not against them, but they are too platonic for me to see it ever really going anywhere. They have a special bond and trust, but they are almost too different for each other. They have a lovely chemistry, but only as friends.

CSI: Miami

Hip Huggers

The perfect couple. They are so hot and cute together. I cannot really see either of them with anybody else, and they have more chemistry than you can shake your stick at. In the early seasons, I really thought they'd get together, but apparently the writers felt it was too early.

Personality wise, they are perfect. It's obvious that they trust and respect each other and have a great friendship, but I always felt like it went a little beyond being platonic. I know they've drifted apart since Speed's death, but that could be the perfect storyline for them to get together. They need a confrontation after everything that has happened to them both, then after that they could get close again. I miss the interaction they used to have. But they have always been with each other when the bad things happened, Eric was there for her when Hagen died, and she was there for him with Marisol. I could go on forever about them, but I'm about to get arm ache. Basically, they have everything going for them.

Dislike

Car Wash I view them the same way I view Sandles. Anything between them is just friendship and what comes form Calleigh being his mentor as a CSI. Purely platonic. I challenge anybody to try and convince me otherwise.

Horatio/Calleigh Respect and friendship. Nothing I've ever seen transpire between them can be construed as anything but.

Natalia/Anybody Self explanatory.

As for CSI:NY I've not really watched enough of it to have strong opinions on the ships. I like Stella/Mac and I think Danny/Lindsay are kinda of cute. The only ship I really liked on NY was Flack/Aiden, and we all know what happened to her

Long enough for you folks?

Ok, Vegas first...

Has to be Nick/Greg for me. There's a lot of chemistry between them (I think). Nick also seems to touch Greg far more than is altogether necessary, hehe. And they seem to look at each other in a way that suggests they're more than friends to me. Their conversations like "I thought we had a relationship" are also ones that I don't think would go on if they were only co-workers.

I don't like Nick/Sara. I just don't think they have any chemistry and I can't really remember any particular scenes where they seem flirty or anything other than colleagues.

In Miami, I loved Horatio/Speed when Speed was alive. I mean, Horatio's reaction to Speed's death was pretty major, and he insisted on cleaning out his locker alone, which even my dad (who I don't think has even heard of slash) said was a bit strange for a boss and employee relationship. I now like Horatio/Stetler. I just think they have a lot of sexual tension that they cover up by snarking at each other. And little moments like Stetler following Horatio to the church in "From the Grave" show (I think) concern on Stetler's part for Horatio.

I don't really like Horatio/Yelina, partly because I just couldn't see Horatio, who's so obsessed with doing the right thing, ever acting like that with his brother's widow. I didn't think they had much chemistry, but then I wasn't a big Yelina fan so that might have had something to do with it.

For NY I love Danny/Flack. Again, lots of chemistry, like in "Necrophila Americana" when they were just joking around. And in "On the Job" Flack is the only one who goes to Danny and finds out how he's doing. And, when the other cops were being nasty to Danny, Flack was the only one who stood up for him.

I don't like Danny/Lindsay. All their scenes seem so forced. Like in "All Access" when Lindsay put her hand on his shoulder. You could just see the writers saying "OMG, let's have her touch him, cos then the viewers will think they're in love!" And in "City of the Dolls" it seemed so unnatural for her to lean on his shoulder when there was a wal right there. It just seems so scripted, I don't like it at all.

Whoo, that was a really long post, longest one I've written by miles!

MyIronLung said:

I don't like Nick/Sara. I just don't think they have any chemistry and I can't really remember any particular scenes where they seem flirty or anything other than colleagues.

Seriously? Almost every scene they do together is light-hearted and flirty, especially in the early seasons. Crate n' Burial which the whole 'stop flirting with me' things, Cats in the Cradle, where they joke about the gromit. Even when they have a bit of a row they end up joking/flirting like in Invisble Evidence. There are so many, I'm sure cofi could help me out here... ;)

^^LMAO Ali don't drag me into this. :lol:

Well I've accepted the fact that not everyone sees what I(we) see and I'm totally fine with that. That's why I don't delve into the whole chemistry thing whenever I go to this thread because it's very subjective.

As for the shippy scenes, basically posters in almost every thread here has the capability to point out particular moments in their ship. So if somebody's really curious they could just visit the thread. A year ago I know like next to nothing to some of the ships that I support fully now. Visiting the threads has been very informational for me. For example, everytime I go to the GC thread I learn something new about Cath and Gil's relationship. And just a week ago I found out how much Warrick loves blondes. :D Everything I know about snickers I got from posting with you guys.

*stops babbling*

CSI_Ali said:
T-4-2 I don't ship them exactly, but if Grissom was going to end up with somebody I'd want it to be Lady Heather. Again, they are like ying and yang. I think Lady H would be the only person Grissom could really open up to, and she's the only one who really understands him.

My fantasy ship!!!...But best believe, TPTB would have to be willing to take a huge risk...Dunno if they would...Why?...Cuz people who criticize this ship simply do NOT understand that LH DOESN'T have sex with her submissives...D/s is certainly about a fetish that feeds a sexually based need, but a Dominant very rarely has sex with submissives...And LH doesn't...Brass made it clear that her fetish club is LEGAL and he STATED that no sexual intercourse goes on there...I've seen folks against GG/LH call LH a prostitute or imply that she is somehow promiscuous...There is NO evidence to back that up...In fact, when they were doing the autopsy on the worker who was killed at LH's Dominion, Doc Robbins says that there was "no evidence of sexual intercourse" on the body for QUITE some time...

GG has shown on numerous occassions that he is a kinkster...He is interested in kink...But GG would seriously have to step up his game to be with LH...And I dunno if he has it in him to do so...Sara is a safer bet for him, I suppose...Besides, LH isn't wishy-washy so I doubt she's given that further thought in terms of giving him another chance...I dunno if she'd do that after all this time...

Also, I find it extremely interesting that the biggest fanbase opposed to LH/GG seems to be GSR, yet in many GSR fics I've read GG does something like tie up Sara...lol... ;)

Um...How come nobody ever ships poor Ecklie with ANYBODY???...If anybody needs lovin', its definitely Conrad...That's why he's so cranky...lol :lol:

Grissom tying Sara up? That's another thing I don't like about GSR, like Tyrant said, stuff like that just cracks me up. I can barely imagine the two kissing and I read fics where Grissom pronounces his undying love for Sara. How out of character is that? Could you really imagine him saying those things on the show?

I feel to make the GSR ship plausible they have to go against everything they've told us and we know so far. I just don't understand them as a couple *shrugs*

Oh and Cofi, sorry to drag you into this hun, but you are like my Snickers goddess. I just wanted to pick your brains for some more Snickery scenes, I'm sure you have a much better memeory than me :lol:.

CSI_Ali said:
I can barely imagine the two kissing and I read fics where Grissom pronounces his undying love for Sara. How out of character is that? Could you really imagine him saying those things on the show?

See, that's why when folks say they definitely "can't see GG/LH", I remind them that truthfully, LH is the furthest we've ever seen GG go in terms of voluntarily seeking a potential love interest out (yes, he asked Teri Miller out, but he sorta gave up after the date bombed...He actually persued LH without any prompting), touching her, almost kissing etc...And the only time he ever seemed truly affected, was with LH...Meanwhile, he supposedly knows Sara so much better and has all these "complicated feelings" for her, but he's only ever grabbed her hand and squeezed it cuz 1. she was in trouble for DUI, and 2. she told him about her awful childhood...Both understandable reasons, true, but "romance"?...C'Mon...

Look, I don't fault anybody for enjoying the show and "shipping" whomever they want, but the way the characters are written doesn't logically lead ME to think "romance"...I actually mostly only ever notice Grissom these days cuz, well, he's so hott...LOL :p

Heck, at least Nicky & Greg pay attention to Sara on some level...<shrugs>

ok i will try this :)

GSR: i dont really like this ship..Sara deserves better then someone who she pours her heart out to and he doesnt give her a chance, until randomly he says yes. im sorry but i dont really get it.

Sandle (main ship): I love this ship to pieces. Greg and Sara are soo cute together. everytime they share a scene i cant help but smile. Sara deserves someone like Greg. He would treat her soo well. They also have amazing chemisty on and off the set :D

Snickers: I dont know what it is but theres something about this ship that doesnt do it for me. To be honest i kinda see the two of them as brother and sister.

Yo!Bling: I really like this ship. they have amazing chemisty and when Catherine found out Warrick got married she was so sad. That was real. I really hope this ship happens :)

Simmers: I see this ship as more of a one-night stand. Not really serious, just playful. They are cute but i dont like them together.

Grillows: I like this ship too. They're cute together and i think they actually understand eachother even though you dont always see they do.

Wendy/Nick: I like this ship alot. I think they have really nice chemisty. Even though they've only really had one scene in "Rashomama" I could tell i liked them together which says something :)

CSI: Miami

CaRWash (main ship): I love this ship. When Ryan first came, no one really accepted him. Eric was so hard on him because of Speed. But Calleigh was always there, and she still is. They have amazing chemisty. before i even watched the show i would turn it on and see them working together for like 10 seconds and i knew i loved them. They're perfect for eachother :D

Eric/Calleigh: I dont think Calleigh should be with Eric. He goes "toothing" with random girls, so would that make Calleigh another random girl? I just dont see the Chemistry.

You raise a good point...I hear this alot from mostly GSR shippers...As a non-GSR shipper, I can't speak for anyone, but myself...But for me, when I say I don't see chemistry, I mean I realize TPTB are WRITING that the couple are "destined" to end up together and that will become "canon", but when I watch them together, I don't see any sexual tension/"chemistry" at all...NONE...Zip...NADA...

I will agree that unlike shows like Grey's Anatomy, when two characters are supposed to be interested in one-another, CSI didn't follow the trend of EVERY scene being awkward or tinged with that. But then I think Jorja summed it up - the writers and directors know half the audience don't want to see that. Kind of like Catherine and Warrick - great chemistry, but it's not in every scene. If it were, it would definitely make for more fluid romantic story arcs, but I think you're also dealing with two emotionally awkward characters who get lost in their work.

But yeah - they didn't show it enough so that the casual audience or those not necessarily rooting for GSR would REALLY have seen it coming.

Seriously? Almost every scene they do together is light-hearted and flirty, especially in the early seasons. Crate n' Burial which the whole 'stop flirting with me' things, Cats in the Cradle, where they joke about the gromit. Even when they have a bit of a row they end up joking/flirting like in Invisble Evidence. There are so many, I'm sure cofi could help me out here...

But you raise an interesting point - what IS chemistry? I mean, when we say it, what does it mean? Does chemistry mean everything is sexy or comfortable or flirtatious? Because the entire cast has a lot of chemistry. The problem with romantic chemistry is that it isn't always sunshine and puppies. Friendship chemistry CAN be. That's why I think Nick and Sara have fantastic chemistry - they are so much fun to watch together, but I don't think they could have that kind of easiness around each other if they were really really interested romantically.

Having said that - Lady Heather and Grissom? GREAT romantic chemistry. Cut-it-with-a-knife romantic chemistry. But I just didn't like it. I didn't think they were right for each other. And I think part of it was summed up by Pirates - she was a fantasy to him. Catherine knew Lady Heather the mother. He knew Lady Heather the fantasy maker. So Catherine looked at that and said, "She did something desperate for her child". Grissom seemed to look at it and just couldn't comprehend how someone so strong and sure in her sexuality could give it away to someone she hated so much. I think it cheapened her to him, or at the very least cracked that wall of mystery that he had built up around her.

Um...How come nobody ever ships poor Ecklie with ANYBODY???...If anybody needs lovin', its definitely Conrad...That's why he's so cranky...lol

No one ships Sofia/Ecklie harder than me! lol

sarahvma said:
No one ships Sofia/Ecklie harder than me! lol

Well, thank you...Cuz I've often wondered about poor Conrad...Seriously...He definitely needs a romance...He's waaay too uptight...

Also, I'd like to see Hodges with somebody, but I can't for the life of me think of who...Suggestions?

Yes, there are definately different types of chemistry, but when I talk about romantic chemistry I judge it on sexual tension and realism. If that's not there, how can you really believe that these two people would get together. There's even different types of sexual chemistry, like fun and flirty or serious and intense, but with GSR I don't get and type of chemistry at all from them. I also has to do with the characters personalities, but because of the lack of chemistry I find it very hard to believe, especially now with the whole 'we've been dating secrectly' stuff. It goes against everything we thought we knew so far, but instead of being a surprising and interesting twist, it's just confusing.

CSI_Ali said:
Yes, there are definately different types of chemistry, but when I talk about romantic chemistry I judge it on sexual tension and realism. If that's not there, how can you really believe that these two people would get together. There's even different types of sexual chemistry, like fun and flirty or serious and intense, but with GSR I don't get any type of chemistry at all from them . It also has to do with the characters personalities, but because of the lack of chemistry I find it very hard to believe, especially now with the whole 'we've been dating secrectly' stuff . It goes against everything we thought we knew so far, but instead of being a surprising and interesting twist, it's just confusing .

Wow!...You've said exactly what I've thought...Glad to know it wasn't just me feeling this way...And as far as it "not being so new", I think the writers were being lazy...

Ahhhh...what a thread. There's this little multi-shipper in me just waiting to creep out and grab yer by the throat!

Let's see...

CSI Miami:

H/Cal(crazy for them man!)- As for the question of why? Well most of you might have seen the first two season of CSI:M. I picked up the trail of their constant flirting and simply got on from there. They definitely have chemistry and it's shown on screen.

H/Y: One of my favourite ships until Yelina got written off. *shakes fist!* The world came crumbling down until I recuperated when I found H/Cal.

CSI LV:

Cath and Warrick - Man...they are so oblivious. On every single scene they have, I always wished they'd make out but they hardly ever do! Yo!Bling yeah!

GSR - Yes, the oh-so awesome final episode of S6 was stupendous. :D

CSI NY

Danny & Aiden - Blast it! Can you believe she got fired! Course you can. Almost everyone have forgotten her. :(

Danny & Lindsay - But wait....here comes a rescuer. And she comes in the form of Lindsay Monroe. Lol! She's cute. Warming up to her already. :)

Mac & Stelle - Yes, SMack coming your way! Don't like that Frankie dude. Artists are pretty scary sometimes. :lol: No offence. ;)

GreatTyrant said:
Wow!...You've said exactly what I've thought...Glad to know it wasn't just me feeling this way...And as far as it "not being so new", I think the writers were being lazy...

Ha, I thought it way just me as well. But after all that build-up, why did the writers decide to take the easiest route? And I have so many questions about the Grissom/Sara relationship that it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

CSI_Ali said:
GreatTyrant said:

Ha, I thought it way just me as well. But after all that build-up, why did the writers decide to take the easiest route? And I have so many questions about the Grissom/Sara relationship that it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Don't get me started...

1. When?
2. How?
3. Does she know about LH?
4. How have they managed to keep "and its not so new" a secret when the very nature of thier coworkers is to "follow the evidence"???
5. How have they kept it from Ecklie?
6. Whose bedroom was that in the finale? (Neither strikes me as the "floral" type...)
7. If they "know each other so well", how come she didn't know he signs, had never been to his home before Strip Strangler, etc...And how come he didn't know she was drinking (a wasted plotbunny that never really caught on or made sense), about her backstory, etc?...
8. And one of my favourites: Why doesn't anyone realize that the fact that if he could look up, startled, and ask "I haven't seen you lately, have I?"...To which she replies, "You see me every day...", that means he is basically OBLIVIOUS to her???...

Argh...I need some Advil... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back