The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Re: The Great Ship Debate

yall are wild. lol.

2. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

A good moment for GSR shippers tonight!!! Awww...Sara makes Grissom happy!

But what I liked more than that was Nick and Catherine at the end. Very casual...yet good!

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I decided to change my post. Modie will kill me for that.

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

So umm Waiting you seen the recent promo on youtube?
    So Sara gets the letter, is what I'm trying to say. I suppose we will have to wait until we see the outcome of that. Oh, and they have a dog? :D

Last night has put to rest the denying that Grissom loves Sara. WtG told us that Sara loves Grissom, ergo, they love each other. :D

I have a question. Some people were saying that it didn't feel real for them, as it wasn't shown enough. Was last night enough, or too much? :confused:

CathStokes I am dying to know what you wrote, lol. :lol:

5. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Believe me, I am. I was watching S6 today for the first time and they had so much screen time and that was only last season. Where has it all gone?! Anger.

Windy, you got me totally wrong. I wasn't saying that it was *my* decision if Grissom/Sara had kids, if it was up to me, things would be a lot different lol. What I was saying is I just can't see him being a daddy. I don't know why, I just can't. I don't have an article to justify that, because it's my opinion! I'm sure the kids would be cute, both Billy and Jorja are feckin gorgeous, I wasn't saying they wouldn't be!

I'm not saying that Grissom & Sara aren't in love, they probs are, I just think he's better off with someone else, but that's never gonna happen. Eggy if thee wouldn't mind, PM me the link, I need time to prepare before I see it on tv lmao.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, this should put to rest at long last that "he loves her" ;) riveting scene./ amonst others.. and back to "I don't want them together" but THEY want to be together..it has nothing to do, with what others want!! it's what they want[​IMG]

Grissom.. "Sex without LOVE is pointless, it makes you sad"
    Sara..Well, Im pretty sure I don't make you sad"
    Grissom.. "No, YOU MAKE ME HAPPY" aka I LOVE YOU"

[​IMG]

7. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I like your Jorja Icon Desertwind. I can see you like to rub things in... :lol: :lol:

I think its neat that Sara makes Grissom happy...I just wish the writers would stop botching their scenes. It was so inappropriate where it took place...that should have happened at the end of their shift instead of the middle of it! :) JMO of course.

8. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

If that had happened.. What would have been said?

"OMG.. Another ending with GSR :rolleyes:" I'm glad the writers put the scene in mid-episode.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Ah, but then if it had happened after shift, there would've been the usual outcry of, "This has nothing to do with the case - they're always giving GSR the private at-home scenes that are irrelevant, this didn't work within the show's context..."

etc.

I think it was a perfectly normal place to have that conversation. Catherine told Warrick she was his fantasy during work and in the middle of the lab. She picked up the night club guy while on shift. Nick flirted with Christy while on shift. Warrick flirted with the lounge singer while on shift. Catherine handled a couple of her ex-husband's cases in the middle of an episode.

That's the eternal dilemma - if it's not in the middle of the episode, it's called OOC or a waste of time. If it is, it's labelled as inappropriate.

I think that those who dislike it aren't going to ever find their scenes acceptable even if it's for the most justifiable reason in the world.

Sara was curious, there were no team members or cops around, she wasn't distracting him from his work or not doing her own because they were walking to the next scene, and she asked the question. Just like he asked the question of her in Swap Meet.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was the perfect time and place.. they'd just been processing the crime scene..and were walking and talking about it.. it would have been out of place, at the end.. it fell into place then, the totally appropriate time!! it wasn't heavy duty, just relaxed , and I can totally imagine him and Cath, talking about it, she's so gutsy.. "hey Gris" yada-yada.. if they were the ones involved, or Nick and Sara, or Greg and Sara, or Warrick and Sara..or any other combinations you can think of! like "have you ever paid for sex" I can see them all chatting about that! but it was them! GSR :p

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

By the by - for all those theorists who have said that GSR drives away viewers, or that they put GSR at the end of the episode because it turns people off, here are the half-hour breakdowns:

9:00
    9:30

(Much love to TravisYanan for those)

I'm not saying it was because of GSR. I don't think it was. But their scenes together clearly didn't drive anyone away, as more people tuned in full-time as the episode progressed.

12. loki

loki Lab Technician

I don't think their scene was out of place either. People always say that they shouldn't have "inappropriate" conversations while investigating a murder, but I think we have to realize that murder is normal for them, it's their job they see it every day. It's just like having a normal conversation at any other job, would it be inappropriate to have a conversation about sex while I dunno... chopping heads off chickens? Gutting fish? Flipping burgers? It may be strange to us, but it's normal to them, we can't say that they can't have personal conversations or make jokes at a crime scene, because then their work lives would be even bleaker than they are. It's a hard enough line of work already, can you imagine if they weren't able to relieve the stress and have normal conversations with each other? I think they would go crazy.

Sorry, I usually come in here and read the arguments, I just don't post much :p

13. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Isn't it odd how that happens. I mean weird...though I didn't get home until around 8:25 last night, and tuned in then, and then watched the whole thing afterwards. I didn't think you were referring to the GSR moments because they weren't on together towards the end of the show as much...but Cath and Griss were.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

True, but someone watching won't know that till the scene is over. At the very least, this says that the episode, for whatever reason, didn't turn anyone off. Anyone watching the second half obviously stayed after the GSR scene, and more people watched.

When factoring in how many viewers the episode gets, they will monitor how many times you flip around, etc.

All I'm saying is that more people were there for the second half than the first, and if the first (aka the GSR) had turned anyone off, I can't see them sticking around for the rest of the episode. Normally when two characters show up to a scene together, they leave it together. Not this time, but the "threat" of GSR was still there.

I thought it was a good episode. I think that all those numbers say is that people stopped flipping around in the second half.

15. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Well, I still love the show with everything that is going on...so I would still tune in regardless, but I'm just a major CSI fan. I don't really think there is a "threat" of GSR anymore because I'd think that the people who didn't like this ship would have stopped watching the show by now if they could not tolerate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.