The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Great Ship Debate

For me, GSR was a gun that had to fire. Subtly, and in as inobstructive a way as possible... but it had to fire.

I see what you mean, and I so agree. The only thing is I think CSI waited to long to fire this gun. To me the timing was off, and I can't get past the lack of chemistry I see between this couple now.

Someone else made a very valid point about their Granddad not really knowing that Sara and Grissom were together on the show!!! I mean yeah we know they are together or we assume this just from the season 6 finale. Or from some of the random comments from Sara or random GSR scenes from this season. I guess that is what is perturbing...not that I want an all out GSR romance show...please far from that...but I'm sick of the secret nature behind it...it makes GSR very dry to watch. I guess they just seem to drag out the obvious which is whatever I suppose(you never know if they will stay together or break up), but it's grating. Let the cat out of the bag and move on already.

As far as breaking GSR up and hooking up another couple...I hate to say this, but I'm all for it. I just think if a show wants to dipict some sort of relationship do so with more emotion. My two cents. Its obvious which ship I'd choose, and shall I say...Catnip was planned in the beginning as well...and then cut. I say its time to reconnect Nick and Catherine.

eggbe4thechicken said:
I can't help but think that WP is abusing his role as producer to give himself this meaty storyline. You don't see any of the other characters in long-term intraoffice relationships.
No instead they have had other big story lines. Catherine got raped, her dad got shot, daughter kidnapped. Greg got beaten up, and is being sued. Warrick and Nick are the only ones being left in the background, although Nick had a big story line in Grave Danger, so that only leaves Warrick without the meat. The GSR story line isn't even that big, it's just made to seem big by the amount of talk it gets.
If WP really wanted a big storyline don't you think he would have gone all out?....if he even has that power.

In addition there have been numerous polls on a variety of sites where GSR has not always landed on top (not even close to always).
Were they Grillows sites? :lol:

Here is an MSNBC opinion poll, no multi voting was allowed. I don't know when it was taken sorry, but it looks like before it was cannon.

MSNBCfanopinionpollnomultivotingall.jpg

That means 3773 people were all for it.
39 people think it's one sided on Sara's part.
73 people don't really care.
637 people think G belongs with someone else.
382 people thought TPTB were just teasing.

Quite a significant amount were for it don't you think? It wasn't on a fansite, so completely unbiased.

Stupid polls percentages don't add up to 100, so my calculations aren't accurate, there are 4905 people in my calculations. :( *grumbles*

Thank's eggy for the poll.. awesome ;).. and on the the WP talks about the "relationship" and how they discussed it & wanted it to continue etc. it's on the "files" and in our archives.. a while back.. that's the link. so if you want to see it, guess you'll have to research and find it! unless Destiny can bring it up!~~~calls Destiny~~~

Check out the top two reasons the show has jumped the shark. According to this site GSR is the first two reasons!!!

Jump the Shark

Looks like GSR isn't liked as much on this non-GSR site. Isn't it funny how polls portray all sorts of different information. Wonder why?

AHHH HA.. a poll that's biased against this.. any one can find anything on the old internet.. the thing is, this will continue & escalate [the paring] they are together..and in love and happy.. unless one of these characters A leaves or B dies.. don't wanna go there.. if they both are still scheduled for S/8 I see this**

AND BABY MAKES THREE

Oh your looking for Dest?? I hide her and stole her powers. :D I love you Destiny!

I heard that about Yo!Bling too. I think it's all rumour and I hope it is to be honest. Not just because it'd be another blow to GCR, because I feel the same about YB that I do GSR. I just don't see it. Feel free to prove me wrong btw people lol. I just think it'd be stupid to have another couple hook up after GSR. What's gonna happen after that, Nick & Hodges gonna hook up?! Lol.

LMAO. Its weird how a CatNip can agree with a Grillows/Purejoy at this moment in time. 19 I've got your back on that comment! I'm hoping its just a rumor too. We're both screwed if that happens, I'd rather see yall first.

Catnip was planned in the beginning as well...and then cut. I say its time to reconnect Nick and Catherine.

Hear hear!! I say we lock them in the closet together..

xx

Ahh the jump the shark... Anyone seen coolcatz banner on that? its funny.. *laughs then notice the glares* What? It Is!

Hear hear!! I say we lock them in the closet together..

I agree with that!!!

AND BABY MAKES THREE

Scary...yet humorous...Grissom a proud father at age 50+! Boy would he be in for a treat! I don't see CSI turning into a family show for some strange reason!!!! Though who ever created that pic...pretty cool!

Omg no, I would not wanna see Grissom as a daddy. I dunno why but I reeeeally don't see Grissom as a dad. Not at all. A husband yeah maybe, but a dad, I just can't see him in that way.

LMAO. Its weird how a CatNip can agree with a Grillows/Purejoy at this moment in time. 19 I've got your back on that comment! I'm hoping its just a rumor too. We're both screwed if that happens, I'd rather see yall first.

Maybe we could unite in the kingdom of depression and sadness if that happened? Lmao. Believe me i'd rather see us first too lol. I miss the old days man. I never really saw Yo!Bling, I consider it a similar relationship to GSR, a lotta people say it's there but I don't really get it. IMO there are very lil slight moments but nothing significant.

I agree, I don't see Grissom as a daddy either. He'd work as a husband, but a father? not so much.

xx

I agree again! quit doing that to me.. LOL Your supposed to say, 'i'd rather see yall' evil! lol. I miss the friendship GC had. They were really good friends, and now its like they dunno each other. I can agree with you on there, because I like their friendship. I love my CatNip though :D If they were in yours position, I'd be pissed that they wouldn't have that interraction anymore. .. I don't get it either, It just doesn't speak to me. la la la. My yoblinger friends are probably behind me ready to whack, so I'm going to hide now..

I totally agree with you there CathStokes I miss C/G friendship and spark too.

As for Cath and Warrick, I did see it early on..in the infamous Down the Drain episode when he caught her or she fell into his arms. But somehow that 'spark' is gone too. :confused: maybe it's me and I'm not seeing it anymore or I just ship Catherine with others. :confused:

So, Grissom maybe wants to have children and that's not Ok.. shouldn't he be the one who decides that? if and when he wants children... and wouldn't they be beautiful? here's an article from the "man" himself, on many things pertaining to CSI, and much about GSR.. one paragraph he says**

"They've obiviously ALWAYS have been interested in each other. And there's an intimacy there. we just thought it was time for the audience to see that there is an intimacy there" William Petersen

ARTICLE/INTERVIEW

According to this site GSR is the first two reasons!!!
Yeah, but look at the other two reasons. Sofia and LH. Granted I used to not like Sofia, but now I do, she's stopped with the bitchiness of season 5/6, and plus she's zexy. ;) (I used the word again ams! :lol:) LH won't be chosen, who doesn't like a dominatrix? :lol: That only leaves GSR as an option.
Someone else made a very valid point about their Granddad not really knowing that Sara and Grissom were together on the show!!!
Hey! That's my Grandad! Don't use him in your wicked ways. :( *hugs Grandad tight* :lol:
I brought that up because people were saying that GSR was being 'rammed down their throats'. Just proving that it wasn't so much that my senial Grandad noticed. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but look at the other two reasons. Sofia and LH. Granted I used to not like Sofia, but now I do, she's stopped with the bitchiness of season 5/6, and plus she's zexy. (I used the word again ams! ) LH won't be chosen, who doesn't like a dominatrix? That only leaves GSR as an option.

I posted that poll for two reasons!!!! One being people could still vote if they wanted...and hopefully we can pull in more Never Jumped(s)!!! The second reason was that I was making a point...polls aren't always realistic to look at. I don't think GSR has made the show jump...because I don't think CSI has jumped!

Hey! That's my Grandad! Don't use him in your wicked ways. *hugs Grandad tight*
I brought that up because people were saying that GSR was being 'rammed down their throats'. Just proving that it wasn't so much that my senial Grandad noticed.

Hahaha...I so wasn't being evil. :lol: And...I'm not disagreeing with you...but doesn't that sort of contradict what your trying to point out? Honestly, I don't think GSR has been jammed down our throats...it's just very dry and unappealing to watch! Though, I might add things could change once the couple is outed!!!!

Though I did read an article that desertwind linked, and I think maybe I was getting the wrong impression of GSR. They aren't IN LOVE with one another. Supposedly they aren't there yet. It seems they both don't know what is exactly going on with one another...yet its obvious something is happening. I guess to me...G and S has known each other for years, and you'd think a year later after sort of dating or whatever they are doing...you'd know. I'm of course going by what we have seen this season...and they just aren't displaying anything serious yet. The article even stated that the show is taking their time with this relationship...interesting enough but I think they are moving way to slow for a couple that have known each other for years. All and all I don't see enough emotion from this couple...but again this could change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm however ready for some Catnip. I love this couple because they depict a range of emotions while on screen when they are together. Not to mention they are great friends, yet they say great soul mates come from friendship first. Soul mates...very deep...and that alone explains Catnip. :D

Check out the top two reasons the show has jumped the shark. According to this site GSR is the first two reasons!!!

Actually, someone posted a link to that about three weeks ago. Sofia, Lady Heather, Catherine's problems, Marg winning the Emmy, Marg's hairstyles, and CSI Miami were all at the top of the list. The next couple of days? Suddenly GSR zoomed ahead. You can very, very easily multi-vote on Jump the Shark. Like I said with polls, that doesn't count.

GSR jumping to second and third place in two days was obviously tampering by people unhappy with the results.

As far as the LOVE factor, Grissom wrote this beautiful Shakespear Sonnet #47 when he was on his sabbitical "MEET MARKET' and the sonnet mentions LOVE 4 times.. it's earth shattering :eek: can't top Shakespeare He actually starts the letter with Sara,'I said I'd miss you, and I do" and then^^

Betwixt mine eye and heart a league is took,
And when each doth good turns now unto the other,
When that mine eye is famished for a look,
Or heart in LOVE with sighs himself doth smother,
With my LOVE'S pictures then my eye doth feast,
And to the painted banquet bids my heart,
Another time mine eye is my heart's guest,
And his thoughts of LOVE doth share a part,
So either by they picture or my LOVE
Thyself, away, art present still with one,
For thoughts farther then my thoughts canst move,
And I am still with them, and they with thee,
Or, if they sleep, they picture in my sight,
Awakes my heart to heart's and eye's delight!

Thank's to LadyDisdain for re-posting this beautiful poem ;)

A letter that Sara hasn't received...I did say I was pointing out my thoughts according to what has happened this season. So to me...they aren't acting like they are in love. I think that is quite obvious!! :lol: BTW its so easy to quote someone else's work it doesn't require as much thought. Plus, I'm not a Shakespear's fan at all. Hopefully Sara is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back