The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Great Ship Debate

The poll was posted in TV Guide. 88% wanted GSR to continue, 12% were excited about Lady Heather instead.

It's as accurate as the 60% were for Catherine poll in the Grillows thread *shrug*

Like I said, polls mean nothing because they can all be cheated.

I agree polls mean nothing...yet I still haven't seen this with my own eyes. Besides I'm sure this was marketed to Pro GSR websites, and not to others.

Lol, I posted that poll in the PureJoy (Grillows) thread. They're unrealistic but it makes me feel better lmao.

Having said that, if it turned out that something happened between Catherine and Grissom, I wouldn't be surprised. They have great chemistry, they would possibly make a good couple, I think the issue is that they make such good friends that I don't know that they'd want to jeopardize that.

It's good that you see Grissom & Catherine *used* to have chemistry, not s'much these days imo. Anyways, it's just nice to hear that from someone who's not GCR.

With Nick and Sara, I see a brother-and-sister kind of rivalry and playfulness. It's cute, it's fun, and I love the scenes where they put aside the competition and are just there for each other.

I get what you mean here too. Nick & Sara do have a brother/sister relationship sorta, they my second ship so i'm not as pasionate lol. I can definatly see a romantic relationship between them, don't ask me why, I don't have a definative reason, I just like them together. Same sorta goes for PureJoy.

Well, part of the reason it's said is because Jorja and Anthony Zuiker confirmed that the auditions for Sara and the casting call outline described her as a love interest for Grissom.

Oooh didn't know that, ya learn somethin' everyday lol. I always found early seasons was Sara chasing Grissom but that's because of where I stand on the whole GSR front.

but I'm ready for this couple to be outed and see the reactions from the other CSIs, and the repercussion if there are any.

God me too! I'm just hoping Catherine isn't all 'awwwh Gil and Sara, how sweet' etc. She should be pissed, not because shes jelous before anyone thinks thats what i'm getting at (I don't think she would be tbh!) because of two little, simple, words. 'Glass houses.'

no proof is granted...or just a quick source is notatated that isn't searchable. I just find this a bit ironic.
Sorry. People were saying that the polls being quoted were biased, ie from shipper sites, and I found that one. I apologise for the lack of source too. I understand that it can't be proven to be not be multi voted....sorry.

God me too! I'm just hoping Catherine isn't all 'awwwh Gil and Sara, how sweet' etc. She should be pissed, not because shes jelous before anyone thinks thats what i'm getting at (I don't think she would be tbh!) because of two little, simple, words. 'Glass houses.'

Yeah no kidding...Grissom was a jerk in that episode. Sorry...I like Grissom, but he was. Now's he's being a bit hypocritical in my book just from that comment 'Glass Houses'!!! First off he's mixing work with pleasure...and keeping it hidden because he knows its frowned upon and he doesn't want to have to deal with the repercussions of his choices. Otherwise what's the big Secrecy!!!!

*punches Egg* YEAH, well, you'll learn for next time. HUH! LMAO joking. Eggs my friend before I get shouted at for being mean. Mwahaha.

Now's he's being a bit hypocritical in my book.

We must be reading the same book then. Thats why I can't wait to see how Catherine reacts, and why I reeeeally don't want her to be ok with the whole thing. I think if G had told her when it first happened then fine, yeah, she could still be a little pissed at him (glass houses again lol) but he's kept it from her of all people, his "best friend". I think on some level, she's already put two and two together though, shes just waiting for confirmation before she rips his head off LMAO. I really dunno who TPTB are gonna handle it. We shall wait and see.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned...but a couple of comments ago someone said something about WP giving Grissom better storylines aka GSR?

WP has said numorous times that he prefers NO relationships on CSI, but he realizes that's what some fans want.

Therefore, he's putting up with it for GSR fans.

I haven't heard that twins but I really doubt BP would purposly give Grissom better storylines. I just don't think he's that way out. He doesn't write CSI LV anyway, he produces it, sure, he has a say but it won't be down to him what happens and what doesn't.

WP has said numorous times that he prefers NO relationships on CSI, but he realizes that's what some fans want.

He probs doesn't but I s'pose he has to say that right, as to not upset his fans. I'm a BIG Billy fan but not a GSR fan. I dunno, just a little theory of mine. I'm just saying, he must have some incline as who he thinks would work and who wouldn't.

It seems like NO ONE reads TV Guide and that's where I read that. The same with Yo!Bling being canon.

GSR is the biggest following (though PureJoy is second), so that's probably what he would want before anything.

I heard that about Yo!Bling too. I think it's all rumour and I hope it is to be honest. Not just because it'd be another blow to GCR, because I feel the same about YB that I do GSR. I just don't see it. Feel free to prove me wrong btw people lol. I just think it'd be stupid to have another couple hook up after GSR. What's gonna happen after that, Nick & Hodges gonna hook up?! ;) Lol.

It seems like NO ONE reads TV Guide and that's where I read that. The same with Yo!Bling being canon.

I don't get it, i'm in the UK anyways so we wouldn't get same issue.

twins1729 said:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned...but a couple of comments ago someone said something about WP giving Grissom better storylines aka GSR?

Therefore, he's putting up with it for GSR fans.

When WP said that he didn't want romance, it was a time when CSI was the only forensic show on the block. The more spinoffs and ripoffs, the more it becomes clear that CSI is the most popular because of the people. And at that stage, if the science isn't original or fresh or the new hot thing, attention has to shift elsewhere.

That said, given the answers he gave to questions in this article, I don't think he's just putting up with GSR.

Comments like:

“The fact of the matter is, is that I believe that we [Grissom and Sara Sidle] have had a relationship since I met her before the series started. The characters, Grissom and Sara met [before the start of the show]. After the pilot, we bring in Jorja to investigate what happened to the gal that got killed in the pilot.

“Obviously there was some sort of mentor-protégé relationship that was developed at the very beginning, that Grissom was tenuous about and has been and whatnot. I don’t know exactly when this thing started.

“All the scene was last year was, the audience gets to look through the keyhole for a minute, and go, ‘Oh, [these characters] go home.’ I never thought this was a show that should go home with the characters much. Because [co-workers] don’t at work, much. You know, you go to work at the paper, everybody’s got their lives and there’s a lot of stuff that goes on at the paper, but that doesn’t mean you bring it all home and everybody knows what everyone did last weekend. That’s like life.

“I think they’ve been very careful, because it’s obviously a very dicey situation at work if this was a relationship that was uncovered. And yet, they found themselves together on some levels. We don’t know what levels for sure, you know?

“But they obviously always have been interested in each other. And there’s an intimacy there. We just thought it was time for the audience to see that there is an intimacy there. We don’t know what it is, I don’t think. I mean, I don’t think anyone knows exactly what’s going on.”

----------

I don't think it's that he hated romance, I think at the time he didn't see a need for it. Now there is a need, because they need to show why CSI:Vegas is unique. It doesn't require romance, and honestly, has GSR been even one fraction of the average TV romance in terms of screentime or kissing or post-coital scenes?

He's obviously keeping a lid on it still, but if you read the article, he enjoys the relationship, he just doesn't want it to take over the show. And it hasn't.

He even addressed it in this quote:

That’s what some fans seem to be concerned about. I like when shows bring in the characters’ personal lives, but depending on what kind of show it is, it can be a tricky balancing act.

“Absolutely. And I don’t think our show works on that level. But you cannot deny the chemistry. The one thing that separates ‘CSI,’ I feel, and this personal, this is Billy Petersen talking, is that there is chemistry throughout the whole cast. And the show was created around that chemistry. So you’re not going to deny the chemistry. And that leads to stuff.

“But when we go too far [afield] in terms of personal lives, [the reaction may be] who cares? When you go to work, you don’t want to hear too much about somebody’s life, because what am I supposed to do with that? What am I supposed to with all your personal baggage. [It’s like], ‘I got a lot to do today, I don’t need to do this.’

“I think that we didn’t show too much at the end of last season. And what did we show? Did we show anything? No. We know that they’re intimate. But they may be intimate in the way that a married couple is intimate. That they’ve already done all that other stuff and now they just hang out and talk about what they did today.”

*punches Egg* YEAH, well, you'll learn for next time. HUH! LMAO joking. Eggs my friend before I get shouted at for being mean. Mwahaha.
Nah, she's no friend of mine. Shout at will. ;)
I kid, I kid...hug? :D

You know something my Grandad has told me. I seem to mention him a lot don't I. Anywho, he said to me a while ago, "You know there is something going on with that Brunette and the boss guy." So we are in S7 and my Grandad doesn't even realise that they are together. :lol: I thought that was hilarious. He is 70 odd though so you know, things have to be pretty obvious for him to notice, and my point is that it isn't distracting the viewing for him.

I'd just like to add that I used to be a YoBling shipper, but I totally agree, it has become boring, and they really shouldn't have another cannon ship on the show, that would be soapy IMO. Sorry. :rolleyes:
Also, before anyone says anything, I don't think they should break up G and S so that they can put YoBling together either, because that would be rather GA-like don't you think?

Also I was thinking, aren't we the audience rather like a co-worker, lol, learning little bits of office gossip? :lol: That was terribly OT, but yeah. :rolleyes:

it has become boring, and they really shouldn't have another cannon ship on the show, that would be soapy IMO

I agree MY FRIEND. Lol Egg, don't deny me, you love me you crazy loon. *thinks, my I am big headed today...*

I think the only Yo!Bling moment I saw was that thing in the sewer, didn't notice it before that. I never woulda put them together if someone hadn't told me. Sorry to say it but same goes for GSR. I was shocked when I learned they got together. To explain, I started watching CSI just before S7 started, but I have all the dvds from 1-5 (waiting on 6 as we converse) and I never thought they were gonna be a couple.

Well, part of me wouldn't mind if Yo!Bling became canon... but that's probably because I'd just like to see GD make out with anybody on screen. :p But I agree, it should be kept in the wings, so to speak. Eventually either WP or JF or both will be leaving the show (no spoilers here; just my guess) and if the show goes on without them then TPTB can consider what's up with Catherine & Warrick. It's sort of like GSR, in that there's a little bit of romance injected for those who like that sort of thing, but easily dismissed by those who don't want to pay attention to it.

And I'll agree with this: Grissom and Catherine have chemistry up the yin/yang; that's why I love them interacting so much, and I'd love to see them work more cases together and have more conversation on the show.

And I'll be honest with ya: I didn't watch CSI until it was well into its fifth season, no one else I knew watched it, and I had no idea there was an Internet community based on the show. So when I started to watch the reruns, I was in a complete vacuum as to what other people thought. I've said before that WP would have chemistry with a Swiffer mop if required, so I saw plenty of chemistry with both Catherine and Sara (and Teri, and Warrick, and Nick, and Ecklie, and....). But what I saw textually, in terms of storyline, is that romance didn't exist on the show but there were more hints of it between Grissom and Sara (in the sense of setting something up to pay off eventually down the road) than between anyone else. I had nothing against either character or actor. As I've met real-life couples whose togetherness seemed very logical, and couples whose togetherness was completely WTF but they worked anyway, I'm pretty open as to why people get together... just about any pairing can make sense if you look at it the right way. Grissom and Sara are not two people who are "meant for each other" in the storybookish, generic-Meg-Ryan-romantic-comedy sort of manner... but I could see why they'd choose each other and why they'd work. The show was doing a good job in setting up a believable road to romance... the age difference, the working together, having to realize that the previous teacher/student context they were comfortable with didn't fit anymore, the believable issues each had to face before being ready to date each other... nothing happened that was completely illogical or unbelievable. So I went with the couple. I had no reason not to.

BUT, had that same textual foreshadowing been between Grissom and Catherine, I'd probably be a PureJoy shipper to this day. *shrugs* In terms of chemistry and real-life believability, I'm open to all sorts of ships on the show. The only reason GSR had to happen before the rest, to me, was because that's what the series set up as a whole. If they hadn't, well... it's like Anton Chekhov's old line: you don't put a gun in the first act if it doesn't go off in the third. I know that's really difficult to do on television, but I think any series should follow through with plots set up earlier if it's at all possible. For me, GSR was a gun that had to fire. Subtly, and in as inobstructive a way as possible... but it had to fire.

I agree with Dee. I totally get chemistry, and had Grissom and Catherine been meant to be, there is absolutely no question that WP and MH wouldn't have rocked the hell out of it.

But textually, storyline-wise, whether or not you felt it was "genuine" or whether or not you liked it, I agree that GSR just had those moments that went beyond co-workers or friends.

I think i'm a PureJoy shipper because the first episode I properly watched was Pledging Mr Johnson and I thought they were involved purely from the outset of that ep. I see G/C as an old married couple, they fight like one. She nags him, he just shuts up and does as he's told LOL! In a good way lol. I'm a big X Files fan and I see similarities with Mulder & Scully. People who don't ship GCR probs won't agree with me. To quote Scully 'best friends make the best lovers.' :)

there is absolutely no question that WP and MH wouldn't have rocked the hell out of it.

Absolutly. The chemistry is undeniable imo. Love your phrasing lol, rocked the hell out of it. Hell yeah!

I agree that GSR just had those moments that went beyond co-workers or friends.

You see I see that with Gil & Cath sometimes. It's mostly early episodes.

I don't think GCR will ever happen, I think TPTB are gonna go all the way with GSR. I'll just pretend it's me Grissoms with LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back