The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #16

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Yeah, Bobby's great, so are all the other lab rats, we just don't get to see them often enough, even less than the CSIs we complain about not seeing enough of! This is why I'm a little worried about getting a new character because we already don't see everyone else enough, adding someone else would only make it worse. But if she's only staying for a few eps, then it's not so bad. I just don't want them to get into this routine every season of bringing in some big character to unbalance things for a few eps. Know what I mean?
    Though if she's supposed to be together or have something to do with Greg, we might get to see more of him for a bit. Just a bit though, cause there's so many other characters that need screen time.
    It's like the small scenes with Gil and Sara, they take up time from everyone else. There's only so much screen time you can give to characters in one hour, really about 45 minutes without commercials and then they take that precious time away and give it to Gil, who always has screen time...not that Sara had a lot before she got together with him, but still.
    Hmmm, I really didn't meant to vent so much! lol. but does anyone else feel the same way? That's why I like the way Nick and Greg's scenes have been going so far, if we go on the theory that they're together, they're subtle, and don't take time away from others as much, nor are they as jarring. And I feel like if they came out in the open as a couple, it would be more of the same. Make sense? I hope so!

2. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Hehe, I know...I think Bobby'd be pretty trusting...and everyone's already jumping on the 'Bobby's totally gay' bandwagon...for good reason, too, if I remember right.

As for screen time, I'd be completely fine for the next few seasons with slight subtext between them. :p I think my view has changed. I'm a little afraid for them to be outed, because then TPTB would have their relationship in their evil little hands...And I wouldn't want a replay of GSR...

I also think that new characters would have a really hard time adjusting. Look at the lab tech Greg brought in for his replacement in Viva Las Vegas (lol, I remembered an episode!) - she couldn't last because she couldn't do the job. I think that if they tried new characters, they wouldn't fit in well...because the nightshift/lab techs have already been close for a good seven years...And I mean, they're all pretty accepting and try to work well with others, but...Argh! You guys get what I'm saying, right?

I hope screen time is more well-balanced this season. :p Especially with the lab rats.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Speaking of LabRats, that ep was on SpikeTV tonight and an hour later on again on CBS (after the President's address) How weird is that? I really enjoyed that ep, it was so funny. And Greg's destined to be classic line to Hodges: "Kiss my Ass" Yeaaaaah Greggo!

Although I was disapointed that Bobby wasn't in it, plus too much Hodges for my taste.

4. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Hopefully, after the season premiere resolves the cliff-hanger previous season finale, writters will give each characters good amount of air time. No mater the result in the premiere~ I hope the will foucs on the other ships!! Maybe the whole experience will not only make them work as a team but we will see the characters get closer to each other.

5. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Sucerforasmile- Yup, I get what you're saying and it's soo true! They're like one big happy family with injokes that makes it hard for new people to get into. Like a group of people in the middle of a conversation who all know each other and then someone new walks in, not knowing who any of them are or what they're talking about, even if they may be a friend of one person in the group, it still makes it hard.

only true love- I hope that's what they do. Obviously everything's going to be scued(did I even spell that right?) for the premier ep, that's unavoidable. but the rest of the eps shouldn't be.

Wojo- Yeah, that was a good ep, though you've got to be aware, it made a lot of people actually LIKE Hodges! I know a few. He's not that bad, at least not in that ep, but not my fav character, that's for sure.

6. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

I really don't like too much of the lab rats, especially Hodges. They already had the whole: "I'm a lab rat, but want more attention" story with Greg. And we don't need it again.

However, I DO love Bobby and Archie (Go, Galactic!).

I wouldn't mind a lot of the lab rats, if it doesn't keep taking up time away from the CSIs. That's one reason "Lab Rats" pissed me off, although I liked the episode.

If they want to give more screen time to someone, look at Greg and Warrick.

I know Greg actually had a story about him last season *gasp*, but he was BARELY even in the episodes.

When's the last time Warrick had a centric episode?

7. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Oh, I love Hodges. I just...I dunno, I just love him! And Henry...and Archie...and Bobby...Well, I think it's safe to say I love all the lab techs.

I reallyreallyreally hope that they realize how crappy season seven was for other characters screen time and make it happen in season 8. Is it just me or do I seem to complain about season seven too often?

I agree with twins - Warrick needs screen time, too. I kinda mostly miss him...

And you bring up a good point, too, twins. But, then again, there's not too many scenes with lab techs and not CSIs, so...-shrug-

8. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Aww, Hodges isn't so bad, even Wendy figured that out... for like two seconds. I love 'Lab Rats', it's one of my favorite episodes, but to tell you the truth, I didn't like Greg much the last season. Especially in that ep. I mean, he's turned into a bit of an ass lately, though I do admire that he's learning to stick up for himself and not just hiding behind his sense of humor.

Anyway, yes! I have a feeling Bobby's got our boys pegged and has for a long time now. Maybe he will be the one to make them see he error of their ways and finally bring 'em together! Assuming they haven't been together for years. Could just be a casual-no-commitments type of thing... *babbles on*

9. only_true_love

Warrick need screen time. I think honestly the most screen time he had was in the pilot due to the Holly Gribbs story line!! There are other moments but they would be under the category of YoBling! moments!!

Another good way to get our boys together would be a good truth or dare game!!! Or another involves pasing a card around and your mouth has to be used!!! lol If you drop the card you have to kiss the person who just passed it to you!!! It has a naughty name so I wont say but I'll give you all a clue~ the name involves sexual acts!!! hehehehehe
    Good times!!! lol playing both games that is! ;) :devil:

10. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Yeah, Warrick does need more airtime. He's such a good character and I feel like he's gotten a bit of a bad rap because of the earlier seasons exploiting his gambling problem nearly every chance they got. Hopefully he'll have some quality airtime in season 8, like more flirting with Cath! I'ma YoBling! fan. :p

Who else I'd like to see get more airtime in the upcoming season(s): Archie, Bobby, Sofia, and of course tons more The Love subtext. Can't live without the subtext.

11. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Apparently Catherine is supposed to be getting more screen-time next season. WTF?! Is there something we don't know about her? The only way I'll enjoy it, if that means she'll begin to date Warrick and their romance will bloom.

But if it's Cath in general, I'd prefer more GSR. >_<

Oh, and I can't live without subtext!!

12. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Seriously? Whoa, I mean I like Cath and all, but the woman doesn't need anymore airtime than necessary. The 'C' in CSI doesn't stand for Catherine! XD But she's cool and if her and Warrick hook up, all the better. That would at least, hopefully, give Warrick more airtime. Even if it means more Cath. haha.

P.S. Twins, you've got me addicted to the Noah/Luke page of yours on wiki!

13. only_true_love

OMG another Noah and Luke fan & YoBling!!! Zodiac32~ if you join on tv.com YoBling's new fan thread I'll make you a t-shirt and there is other things about the other "couple" but I'll let Twins tell you! :lol:

Back to our boys besides truth or dare or that naughty card game that shall go nameless, any other "games" that would be an interresting way to get them together??? :D

14. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Yeah, Noah/Luke is such a sweet almost-couple and canon to boot! Ya just can't pass up an opportunity like that. And on daytime TV no less. Scandalous. Haha! Now if only we could convince CBS to make The Love canon.

Schweet! I'm actually registered on TV.com so that works out nicely. :D I'll check it all out later, but right now it's way past my bedtime and I got work tomorrow/today. Talk to ya'll later! Night-night!

15. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

only_true_love - Strip poker! But, uh...I didn't suggest ANYTHING. xD

Zodiac - I feel the same way, Catherine's great and all, but...really! And I'd be completely fine with scenes with Warrick and Cath...especially if it involved anything to do with, oh, I don't know, a relationship would be nice...

Maybe that's why GSR had the ending it did - they decided to handle it poorly (sorry to those who enjoy it..D:) in order to prove that 'being out in the open' with relationships make them...well...horrible.

Oh, man, I sound stupid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.