The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #16

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by twins1729, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Candy just made me realize that George or Eric could be gay or any other character for that matter and CBS could've asked them to hide it. (I'm not saying that I think they are gay, it's just a thought). I mean, if they asked John Barrowman to hide it, who knows who else they could've asked. He just had enough balls to not listen.

2. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Exactly! But saying that, regardless of your morals and ethics at the end of the day, that doesn't pay the bills.

Eric, George, Billy, Gary, Marg, Joja etc etc are all human and just like other human bills the credit cards, the mortagaes, the allowances still need to be paid.

I'm not saying that either, but anything is possible. Or lets just drop the old sexuality, and say a vegetarian... If the character eats meat and the actor/ress doesn't then who wins?

Or a smoker?? I know that they these days have artifical cigaretts but the principle still stays the same. That wasn't always the case.

Ok I'll stop lol...

3. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Though I wasn't necessarily thinking they could be gay you're right, they could be and CBS could have said to keep it quiet, though lord only knows why they would say such a thing and then put that kiss on ATWT. But the same thing goes to all tv shows on all networks. Any actor or actress could be gay and could have been told to keep it quiet. Which is just wrong.
    However, what I was thinking, before I was reminded, thanks Twins!, about that kiss, was that, gosh, if they told him to keep his sexuality a secret, then The Love is doomed!!! GAHHH!!! But, then I was reminded of ATWT a few weeks ago, and my faith is restored. I think, somehow, it will all work out in the end. It had better!

4. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahhh such words from the eternal optomistitic? LOl.

Ok i've really lost what's the discussion is about. Maybe i should just be quiet and watch the paint dry lol.

What is ATWT? Sorry I'm English so i dont know. Twins i think you might be confussing real life with fiction.

Oh i dont know.

5. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

ATWT is As the World Turns, the CBS soap opera that recently had the first ever gay male kiss between Luke and Noah. Luke has been an openly gay character on this show for almost 2 years. It just surprises me how CBS is so ok with airing the first ever gay male kiss on daytime television, but they ask John Barrowman to keep his real life sexuality a secret. Although since Nick and Greg are on the show and it's not really George and Eric, I think it's more likely that Nick and Greg would become canon than George or Eric coming out or something.

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Ahhhh thanks for the twins once again saves the day.

So then thats sorted then Nick and Greg will be found gay or bi by the last episode lol..

7. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Candy- Sorry I didn't clarify what ATWT was. I guess it's been awhile since we were heavily talking about that. And at least we hope by the last ep at the very least, we'll know if they are gay or bi. Personally, I think all the fanfic's getting to my head cause most people have Greg bi and Nick gay and it seems to fit well. Ah, for the most part I'm optomistic, but then I write so much angst. Who knows, I'm a confusing person sometimes, even to myself.

8. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Yay! You finally picked up on why I included that little tid-bit of information about CBS. It really does make you wonder, doesn't it.

I wonder what it would take for TPTB to actually reveal that either Nick, Greg or both are gay (or bi at the least). I personally believe they have been together from at least season three. After all, one reason there could be less flirtation and interaction is because the hunt is over and they're together and comfortable, and just need the occasion moment now - "Fallen Idols", "Empty Eyes", etc.

9. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Oh, how I wish I was on vacation!! I managed Internet access because my mom took a computer home from the school she works at (sorry for typos here, the keyboard doesn't like me...).

Anyway, I added those to the wiki and fixed my typos...Hopefully I did it right!

I think they either got together sometime after Play With Fire or afer Grave Danger...They seemed the most logical to me..:p

And one last thing, who's this John Barrowman guy (I think that's his name)? I feel kind of stupid for asking/not knowig, but...still...

And if CBS/TPTB is so damn worried about bad feedback or loss of viewing, then they could just hold out until the last season. They could just be offhanded about it, and not really have a scene where it dawns on everyone (like with GSR).

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

John Barrowman is a Scottish/American actor. He mainly works on Broadway and the West End in musicals, has several cds out, but became a household name after he played Captain Jack Harkness on Doctor Who. He and Captain Jack have since gone on the be the lead in the show Torchwood. And, as pointed out, JB is gay and last year went through a union ceremony (he hates the word 'marriage' for good reason) with his long term partner. Oh, and he is very, very hot. He does not look anywhere near his age (40), and I personally do not think he has had work done. He's very open about everything, and has no problem whatsoever with stripping down naked (see Doctor Who episde "Bad Wolf" for that happy fangirl moment). There's some very nice and hot pictures of him around at the moment, so if you wanted I could upload them to my Photobucket and PM you the link if you're interested in seeing him.

I don't know why I think Nick and Greg got together around season 3. I just feel something about their relationship changed during that time. Can't really put my finger on what it is that makes me feel that, though. For I know, it might be because the feel of the whole show changed during the time.

My fingers are most definitely crossed that CBS/TPTB see the error of their ways with last season (the the handling of GSR). The whole reveal of GSR did not work at all, and was poorly timed. The Love should be revealed slowly, and I personally think Warrick should be the first person to work it out.

11. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

You know, there's something about the Nick and Warrick scene in "Post Mortem" that makes me think that Warrick knows.

Well, either that Nick and Greg are dating, or that Nick likes - or possibly loves - Greg.

He just seems so...sensitive I guess towards Nick's emotions.

Does anyone get that with that scene or others?

12. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Clarrisani, if you're willing to go through the work to upload, go ahead - maybe I wouldn't feel so in the dark about it...

With the whole Warrick thing...Oh yes. And I can't see him really flipping out too much about finding out (maybe a little pissed off they didn't trust him with it...) but that's really the extent...

13. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Check your PMs, suckerforasmile. Just sent you a present.

I don't Warrick would "flip out" either if he knew. I honestly believe he would be the first one Nick went to about it, and Greg would be fine with him knowing. They'd probably enlist him as an alibi when they needed one. He'd probably be their main supporter. Catherine would be another. She'd probably think them being in a relationship to be 'cute'.

14. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

Present indeed! :D

I can't really see ANY of the major characters really having a problem...Unless they've got some sort of secret unrequited love for one of them. Ha. Hahaha. They just seem like a really open-minded group of people...But I suppose that comes with being a CSI in Las Vegas...Or so you'd think...

15. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I think Hodges would have a problem with it somehow. With Greg, anyway. He would probably read something more into it than what it is - maybe that Greg is trying to score points, etc. It wouldn't be anything serious, just some major 'Hodges pick on Greg' moments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.