The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel young when i'm here. I dont feel like i'm turning 14 soon...enough, and why didn't they warn us about are needles for GR.9 last year i dont like needles.

:lol: I had to get those freakin' needles too! But I got mine the exact day from my two-week-down-with-strep-and-flu leave. :p Boy, did I ever feel special that day.

oh needles are nothing to worry about. i used to ride horses so had to get a tetnus shot every 5 years instead of every 10. i even watch the needles go in, im strange. i wasnt old enough to donate blood until grade 12, so i was happy blood services had a clinic after my birthday at my school so i could donate. i keep meaning to go again but havent been able to go when there are clinics at my university.

I don't mind needles! I just had a bunch of blood tests done. They thought I had thyroid cancer, but it turns out I just have mono- so like, yay for mono! hee. Anyway, I've never had a problem with needles, but I have a ridiculously high pain threshhold- they say that is has to do with the gene for red hair. I've had numerous piercings (including my.. *coughnipplecough* (it's no longer there)), and I swear, the only times I've been in SERIOUS pain was during a major bike accident, and when I was stung by a blue bottle jellyfish in Australia. I broke my SKULL once and it didn't hurt. *shrugs* lucky me, I guess.

I'm not afraid of needles but when I see someone getting a shot in the arm I feel quesy so if I look away it's all good. If they show someone getting injected with something on tv or in the movies I close my eyes.

Ooh, here's my Canadian contribution for the day. They built a frigging Tim Hortons in my college! That's right, I have everything but the sandwiches :(! I had 40 timbits that I shared with my family & friends & I felt Canadian on the inside. I'm so glad they tore down that American Starbucks & put up something that shows our national pride. Yay for ice cappiccino's & timbits :D.

^Which college do you go to, J? They have Timmys everywhere these days. But yay for Starbucks! It may be American, but it's still delightfully tast and fantastic!

I'll pm you about the college I attend heh. I love Starbucks but all they had at my college were regular coffees & a couple of lattes, no ice drinks so it didn't really matter. There was a Starbucks a couple of blocks up so I wasn't too choked hehe.

But yeah, the Timmy Ho's is awesome. It looks like a real one with the huge sign. Plus, the lineups are exactly the same so you can't tell that they're different :lol:. Having one of those jelly filled timbits makes me want to wave my Canadian flag but I can't because I don't have one and yeah :lol:. Long live the best Canadian doughnuts & such.

*Thinks about Bytes* Mmmm... Now I want to go down there and grab a Timmy Coffee...

*Rolls Around* Ah, I love this time of year. It's nice and cool so when your running between buildings, you don't storm up a sweat but you also don't freeze to death. It's the perfect weather! :D
For once.

And, now I'm sad because Metric is playing at my campus today but I'm going to miss them because I'm picking up my car. Dammit, I love Metric! D:

i have 3 tim hortons on my campus! theres one in the ice rink (obviously) and the university center. then last year they took out our independant coffee house from the book store and put in a tim hortons. people were pissed i tell you. its in the building next to the uc, so its not like there wasnt access to a tim hortons. it is the only one with sandwhiches but pages (the coffee house that was there before) was better.

and i can watch anything on tv, i never look away. i even watch surgery shows every once and a while. which is why i thought id be fine watching a dialysis catheter being inserted (i worked at the hospital for a nephrologist this summer) i didnt even see blood and i got hot and dizzy. i apparently said i needed to leave but i didnt make it, i passed out and bashed my head on the door. woke up a few minutes later on the floor. they called me 'crash' for the rest of the summer

Welcome to TalkCSI, and the Canadian thread Reba :D I hope you enjoy your time here!

Yes anoter Albie! welcome

I love my science class! it's taught by my home room teacher and on the 21 (same day as CSI) we are going rafting on the SR or something like that!!!!

I dont get it. Do we have a accent because i cant tell the difference between are accents between Americans. Like i know some people in Canada have accents like Newfys but what about people in Edmonton? Do we have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back