The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't seen the Office, although I hear it's hilarious.

A girl I used to work with had an older sister who was best friends with Kristin Kreuk in high school.. apparently Kristin got fired from the Rainforest Cafe for having sex with her manager in the restaurant after-hours.. hee hee.. I always loved that story. That girl is painfully beautiful though, seriously. It hurts my soul to look at her.

ShuriyuCSI said:
:lol: I had to get those freakin' needles too! But I got mine the exact day from my two-week-down-with-strep-and-flu leave. :p Boy, did I ever feel special that day.

you better now? *big hugs Lauren* I had to come down here 'cause I don't see you many other places on here, just on Jess's and Lynn's boards lol. We miss you :)

Seriously though I would give up my Canadian citizenship to meet John Krasinski of the American The Office. He's so adorable

Who wouldn't i LOVE him to. I would be called American just to pull on his cheeks :lol:

Mel23 said:
you better now? *big hugs Lauren* I had to come down here 'cause I don't see you many other places on here, just on Jess's and Lynn's boards lol. We miss you :)

:lol: Yeah.. That was under a year ago, so I'm okay now ^_^

I have a question for you Canadians and your POV's! Should our age of consent be highered? And to what age? Explain your choice. At current, it's fourteen.. I believe..

didnt they lower it from 16 to 14 a little while ago? thats gross if you ask me. personally, i have no problems if it were 18. but i dont see that happening. i know a bunch of my friends were under 18 their first time but i dont see the point. four girls from my elementary school had babies before graduating high school and some had pregnancy scares in grade 8. an other high school has a daycare program because they had so many teen parents. theyre mascot is the trojans, kind of ironic :lol: i remember at one football game there one of the girls yelled out 'lucas sucks *you can imagine what comes next*' while she was craddling her baby. i said obviously you dont...
the age of consent obviously cant help people that are already too stupid to know whats best for them. personally i think its rediculous that 14 is old enough to consent, but no matter what it gets raised to you cant stop people from doing what they want, whether they should be doing it or not.

I think that it should be raised. I think that it won't prevent kids from having sex.. that's just gonna happen regardless of the age of consent, always has, always will. The issue I have is that with the laws as they are, it's very difficult to prosecute older men who take advantage of young girls on statutory rape charges. With an older age of consent, it will be easier for us to bring charges against pedophiles. Regardless of whether it's "consentual" or not, sex between a 14 year old girl and a 30 year old man IS, IN FACT, rape. An older man is in a position of power, and yields said power over a younger girl.

I had a teacher in high school who had consentual sex with a 16 year old student. Said student got pregnant, and when suspicion fell upon the teacher (who was in his 40s), he left the province. The girl had the baby and moved away, and eventually the teacher moved back and kept right on teaching- as the girl had left town herself, they could no longer prosecute due to lack of evidence. There are so many situations in which the law needs more power to convict such sick bastards.

Heyy guys :D I was dropping in once again to say hi to my fellow Canadians :D Has anyone heard of the Western Fair in London Ontario?

Heya sandersidle! You should stop by more often, we have a blast in here :D I have not heard of the Western Fair.. I'm a West Coast girl. But we have the PNE here, which is tons of fun. It just closed last Monday.

sandersidle said:
Heyy guys :D I was dropping in once again to say hi to my fellow Canadians :D Has anyone heard of the Western Fair in London Ontario?

i live in london! i used to go when i was little and the last time i went was two years ago. i think i heard the roller coaster was taken out because it was deemed 'unsafe' (i always thought i was going to die on it) but i might be wrong. they have the usual midway rides and games, but my favourite part was always the agricultural building. you can pet cows and sheep and llamas etc. i even saw a sheep being born one year! plus there are horse shows and you can visit horses too. its not a fair until youve been licked by a budweiser clydesdale :lol: i always had a good time there, and dont forget to eat an elephant ear! mmmm.....deep fried dough.... *drools*

I should watch a few eps of DaVinci 'cause there are some actors I like in it.

Everyone hear about the events in Montreal today? I hope if there's anyone here who goes to that school that they're all right.

I heard about the events in Montreal today. I was staying at the hotel down the street from that school just a few weeks ago. It's such a tragedy, and my condolences go out to the families and friends of the slain students. :(

oh my goodness what happened?? i didnt hear anything, probably because i dont watch or listen to news programs or get the newspaper. yes, i lead a sheltered life at school.

i just looked up an article, and this is so horrible. why people feel the need to do this to each other is something i will never understand. i hope all those wounded recover quickly and completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back