The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
*wince* Nobody ACTUALLY TALKS LIKE THAT HERE. Yeah, maybe newfies.. but damnit! WE ARE NOT BOB AND DOUG MACKENZIE! That was more like. A Minnesota Fargo "Whenz tha baybee doo, maaaaaargee?" accent. *twitch*

ziggystarduzt said:
*wince* Nobody ACTUALLY TALKS LIKE THAT HERE. Yeah, maybe newfies.. but damnit! WE ARE NOT BOB AND DOUG MACKENZIE! That was more like. A Minnesota Fargo "Whenz tha baybee doo, maaaaaargee?" accent. *twitch*
hmm...rewatching it, maybe you're right...maybe that's what they were doing...I just assumed it was a poor Canadian accent attempt b/c it's filmed here. My bad. Found it funny nonetheless :p

ETA- nevermind, they say 'eh' and 'hosers', definately Canadian :lol:

^Oh, I didn't mean to come off as obnoxious, I'm sorry! I do appreciate you sharing it with us, and it IS funny for sure. Where is that show filmed? I haven't heard much about it aside from the buses that ran ads like "Supernatural: It's like the OC but with hot guys and ghosts!"

Ooh, so much is filmed here. Are you in Van too? I love watching stuff that is filmed here. The other day I was watching Smallville and there was some sort of meteorite shower going on and Langley was burning and I was like "OH NO! They killed Langley! AUGH!" And it made me giggle. Also, Metropolis U is the public library downtown, and the Daily Planet is the Queen E theatre.. it was so awesome. The best is when they're like, on Richards walking down the street and then all of a sudden they're way over on Bute. It makes me giggle.

^
Yep, I'm in Vancouver too and I love watching the locally filmed stuff as well!! :D

ziggystarduzt said:
The other day I was watching Smallville and there was some sort of meteorite shower going on and Langley was burning and I was like "OH NO! They killed Langley! AUGH!" And it made me giggle.
:lol:
I've driven by The Clova Theatre where they used to film the exterior stuff along the street for The Talon (is that what it's called? I don't really watch that show) and saw them setting up some stuff downtown once in the same spot I later saw that the Criminal Minds pilot was filmed at...etc...
The best is when they're like, on Richards walking down the street and then all of a sudden they're way over on Bute. It makes me giggle.
:lol:
If it was Clark, maybe he just used a super power and went extra fast or something... ;)

I love picking out the different locations and where they're at and stuff when watching the shows/movies. It can be entertaining :D

Little sidenote factoid- my mom saw Renee Zellweger at the local Starbucks last week :)

I saw Michael Rosenbaum at a restaurant downtown a few years ago! And I saw Hayden Christiansen on Burrard once.. that's about the extent of my celebrity viewing in Vancouver. OH! They filmed "Fantastic Four" right down the street from my work for months, and one night I saw Jessica Alba at a club near there called 'Aqua'.

theres a website about this guy from my highschool and hayden christiansen being boyfriends :lol: it was sooo funny! apparently made by someone who didnt like this guys band, and trying to find gay slang in all his songs.
i know hayden and samuel jackson are filming a movie in peterborough right now, and they use the street outside my friends apartment. she hasnt seen them yet but it sounds like a really bad movie.
on another note, my mom told me that the new pope (is it benedict?) is boycotting canada because we allow abortions and gay marriages. he called us a godless country and i guess wont come here. i know abortion is a touchy subject and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but gay marriage? for me, if thats how he feels he can stay out of my country!

^See, I'm glad the pope isn't the head figure of my religion.

Anyway, out of all my 20 years in BC I have never met one celeb. The closet that I come to seeing someone famous is the fact that the cast & crew of Smallville come to my mom's bakery for stuff such as spanokopita & other Greek vegeterian cuisine. The gave her and my thia/aunts autographed cast photos so really, I envy you all :p.

I don't think I've ever met a celebrity at all. *thinks* Nope, I've never met one in my life. Not that it would matter though, because they're normal people just like anyone else. But, it would be nice to meet one. :p

jorja_fan86 you have the best icons!!

I got to get Hedleys autograph, and i got to give 2 of 'em a little kiss on the cheek but i never got to meet any.

BabaOReilly said:
I actually saw Jensen Ackles downtown one day. He's just as hot in real life! :D
Lucky!! :D *jealous*
I saw Michael Rosenbaum at a restaurant downtown a few years ago!
I saw him at The Standard roof top bar in LA last year. I wanted to go up to him and be like "Wanna share a ride back to Vancouver?", but needless to say, I said not a word to him :p

Jorja, your icon ROCKS. I heart it so. I want a Snakes on a Plane t-shirt.

^Michael is SO ridiculously good looking. You should have totally approached him ;) I forgot to mention that I met Alan Cumming at Chapters on Robson a couple of years ago, and I got his autograph, a picture of us hugging (still on my fridge), and I said "Now Alan, when I'm a famous musical theatre star, promise me we'll do a duet together, mmkay?" and he found me amusing.

I have had it with these muthafu*king snakes on this muthafu*king plane! :lol: Hehe thanks guys.

Seriously though I would give up my Canadian citizenship to meet John Krasinski of the American The Office. He's so adorable & I wish he would come here for a movie or something so I could stalk, er, try to see him :lol:. Oh, and speaking of fame my friend attended the same high school as Kristin Kreuk. Wow, I am really close to being associated with the cast of Smallville in a weird way :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back