The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
jorja_fan86 said:
Do you guys only celebrate Canadian holidays or do you participate in holidays that are celebrated by your heritage countries as well?

I celebrate Ukranian Christmas! :D
And that's about it. Because we're not cool. But I would love to, just once, go to a crazy Family Festival. Like that one that Toula's (MBFGW) family had, when they had the lamb roasting outside in the summer. Those look like such fun things to do!

Unfortunately, My family are the type that when we get together, we don't talk and sit there going "Ummm.... so... how about them new Bananas? You know. The ones with the stickers on them." *Silence* "What's on TV?!?!"

But yeah. Thanksgiving is just another day for my family. Like Family Day and Canada Day. The only difference is we get to sleep in and fight over the TV.

I AM BACK!
I was over on the island (only for one afternoon, Lauren, or I would have let you know in advance), and then I was in bed for days on end trying to sleep off a mono flare off. sigh.

I celebrate only Canadian holidays myself. Growing up, my best friend was Jewish, so I used to always do Yom Kippur and stuff with his family, which was very cool.

I celebrate Thanksgiving cause my Mom's birthday is the 10th, my sister's is the 14th, and my brother's is the 16th, so Thanksgiving has always ended up being kind of a family birthday dinner.

Wow. I never bothered to come here before. But anyway, most of you know me, I'm Mini_Catherine, a.k.a Alyssa. Or is it the other way around? :S Anywhoo, I'm from Newfoundland! Yay! I can't wait 'til Thanksgiving tomorrow. Actually, we're having dinner for supper tonight, as I'm going to Long Harbour tomorrow (if anyone even knows where that is) to see more of my extended family. *rolls eyes* So that'll just be as fun as a barrel full of monkeys!

And csikicksurass, don't be upset that people make fun of you. I don't talk like a Newfie at all! I talk like a .. Well, according to Roka4CSI I talk like a southern American. So, who knows? The only thing I say like a Newfie is "b'y," and a Canadian, I say "eh." 'Cause I'm cool like that. Yes, b'y. Eh?

Welcome to the thread, Alyssa!!! Most of us are BCers and Albertans, so it's nice to have a Newfie in here for a change :D

Oh, hey! Did anyone hear about the BC teacher that's been charged with assaulting her disabled students? My mom is a special needs teacher, and she used to be the teacher for the class in question. She knows everyone involved and will be attending the court date next month.

And csikicksurass, don't be upset that people make fun of you. I don't talk like a Newfie at all! I talk like a .. Well, according to Roka4CSI I talk like a southern American. So, who knows? The only thing I say like a Newfie is "b'y," and a Canadian, I say "eh." 'Cause I'm cool like that. Yes, b'y. Eh?

I like the new one alot :lol: welcome to the thread!

I never heard about that Ziggy, well i hope that Female dog goes down , the only news i heard lately is about that dude...in the U.S...he sent those email to those young boys.

Creepy. People are so twisted. Anyone hear about the mother*******sunovabitch who shot the little six-year-old girls? Just lined 'em up and shot 'em. Poor dears. He should be locked up for life. No, better yet, shot. *nods*

And just so everyone knows, I'm proud to live in a igloo. (haha)

ziggystarduzt said:
Oh, hey! Did anyone hear about the BC teacher that's been charged with assaulting her disabled students? My mom is a special needs teacher, and she used to be the teacher for the class in question. She knows everyone involved and will be attending the court date next month.

I read about that today in the paper & it made my stomach turned. It makes me wonder why she took this position in the first place. Somebody else who actually cares for those with special needs should be there instead but I guess it's hard to not always see that. If she did that she obviously doesn't care about the children & that's sad. They probably trusted her :(.

ziggy I wish your mom luck in court. Will she have to testify against the teacher or no?

^ Mmmm, turkey. lol. Yeah, for my family, Thanksgiving is really just an excuse for a big fancy meal. Which we usually have on the sunday, not the monday.

*staring at window* .....I hate fall. The trees get so ugly. I tried to tape the leaves back on but it didn't work. *sigh*

I love how this thread has so many people from BC. It makes me laugh when y'all talk about BC news and I'm all "....Damn. I wish I read the news." But all news is depressing, so maybe not.

Thanksgiving? Already? Hooray! *run away*

we slipped to the second page everyone! horror!
i spent the weekend in downtown toronto for a wedding, and boy was it ever sketchy! havent been there in years but i was sure glad to leave. when momma and i walked up younge street to get to the salon about every second or third shop was a kinky costume store. now how many does one city need? plus a week ago there was a triple homicide in our hotel, but not on the floor we stayed on. momma still didnt like it when i reminded her she was staying the the murder central room. wonder why....
so i missed a turkey dinner this weekend, but my parents said next time my brother and i are home theyll make one :D although i said theres no reason we should wait for him to be home too... :devil:

ziggy I wish your mom luck in court. Will she have to testify against the teacher or no?
No, she just held the job before this woman did, so she's not a witness. She's just going to go to support her former TAs who do have to testify.

And yeah, the Amish thing is really bugging the crap out of me. That's an entire community touched by that, and an entire generation of little girls are dead now. It's absolutely tragic, and if there's a community out there that doesn't deserve it, it's the Amish. I mean, you never hear of Amish murderers and rapists and robbers.. they keep to themselves and live their lives, and what the hell is wrong with that? I'm really bothered by it. It's such a terrible, senseless crime and my heart goes out to the entire community. On the positive side, the mennonites nearby are apparently rallying to lend their support to help the families affected.. and it sounds like the little girls alive and in critical condition are going to have lasting brain damage, so these people are going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back