The Dynamic Duo: Danny and Flack

Faylinn said:
Are you trying to imply that there will be no slash?...I'm afraid that doesn't compute with me...*brain explodes*...now look what you've done! ;) :p :lol:

But seriously though, that sounds interesting. :) I like when people write fanfic to show the relationships between the characters and their families, and the Sr./Jr. relationship is one of the most intriguing ones. So hop to it and get writing! ;) :lol:

*hears explosion* *hides* Lol... yeah, I would like to breakaway from the slash a bit. Emphasis on "a bit" -- but I'm not entirely leaving the slashy possibilities. If the paper explodes due to the excessive chemical reaction, maybe I'll sneak in some for y'all. :)

There is a lack of background story on Flack. And S2 focused on Danny. Maybe it's like preempting what could happen on S3 -- hopefully TPTB take time to explore Flack's past. There is little known about the detectives of CSI after all.

Ah, so long as you don't totally turn your back on the slash within. :lol:

Speaking of Flack's past, I've been reading "Brothers and Sisters" by the same author who wrote "Field of Dreams," which I know I mentioned earlier, either here or in the other thread, and it's absolutely blowing me away so far. (Technically, "Brothers and Sisters" comes before "Field of Dreams," but I've had no problems with going out of order so far. ;)) If you want links, PM me and I'll send them along. If the show writers had something this intense for Flack's actual background, it would so amazing...

Er...and, ah, that story is relevant to this thread because Danny and Flack's friendship is very rocky in there, and it's an interesting take on their dynamic. Everyone usually has them as great buddies, and it's nice to see Flack keeping secrets and Danny pissing him off. :) (See, I made it work. ;))

^ omg! return of the brokeback avvies! i LOOOOVE that scene...so CUTE and HOT.

anyways... i don't think i've read a story where danny and don's friendship is rocky... except when danny starts shutting don out. i think it would be interesting to see it become unstable because of don being withdrawn...

^Yeah, send the links this way. Maybe I can get inspiration on that.

One more thing that prevents me from writing -- I don't know much about Flack, Sr. and I haven't watched the Finale yet. Here in the Philippines, we're just on "Stuck on You", I think. *bad with titles* Argh, the episode where Lindsey discovers Mac's gig. There.

Help?

Er, don't know how much help we can give you, since the show gave us a big, steaming pile of nothing on Flack's family in the finale. :rolleyes: So you know as much as we do about Daddy-Flack. After that, you're on your own. ;) (But think of it this way, you can make him however you want him to be. ;))

And I'll send you the links to those stories, chaos. Did you want them as well, afrikana? *wheedles* Angry, angsty Flackie goodness? Stupid, nosy Danny?...

^ Ey, Fay, PM me the link, too? :)

Er...and, ah, that story is relevant to this thread because Danny and Flack's friendship is very rocky in there, and it's an interesting take on their dynamic. Everyone usually has them as great buddies, and it's nice to see Flack keeping secrets and Danny pissing him off. (See, I made it work. )
Ooooh! I simply love good friendship fics because they're so rare and there are a lot of dimensions you can explore in. :D

afrikana said:
^ omg! return of the brokeback avvies! i LOOOOVE that scene...so CUTE and HOT.

:D, they have returned for your viewing pleasure. I felt is was time for an icon change, and I love my Brokeback Mountain icons. Plus I know a few of you like them too. :)

anyways... i don't think i've read a story where danny and don's friendship is rocky... except when danny starts shutting don out. i think it would be interesting to see it become unstable because of don being withdrawn...

I've read a fanfic like that too afrikana, but as far as it being rocky because of Don, I haven't read that but I would think it would make for an interesting story.

Fay, could you pm me the links too? :)

Yay for the return of the brokeback icons. **stares for a while** Now, back to work for me. :mad:

:D Glad those of you that like Brokeback Mountain are pleased with my icon. I love that scene! Don't worry, after work it'll still be there. [Although work in general bites]

Alright, I've sent the PMs out. I've only read the first two parts so far, but I can't wait to finish it. :D

Hello fellow Danny and Flack fans! :D I feel like it's been ages since I've been in this thread. I've been on a road trip, and I had two little frog figurines on my dashboard. Guess what I named them? :D Flack was on top on Danny, but that's for a different thread. ;) In this thread, we can say Flack was hugging Danny from around the back. :devil: ;)

Fay, I started your fic and I love it! I can so see Danny being a brat and trying to drive Flack's car, and Flack being like, oh hell no! :lol: :D I think Danny makes Flack laugh a lot, in an affectionate way of course. I love the way Flack smiles at Danny when Danny cracks a joke or says something funny. He clearly appreciates Danny's humor, which is kind of cute because Flack is by far the funnier and wittier of the two.

Back