The Dynamic Duo: Danny and Flack

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
Lately, I've seen a lot of praise for CSI: NY's sexiest boys popping up around the forum, so I figured I would start a thread for them to talk about what makes them so much fun to watch.

Now, as much as many of us love the chemistry between the two, there's a shipper thread for that in Shipper Central ;) , so let's discuss just what makes them so compelling on screen together.

Personally, I love the fact that there's obviously a deep friendship between the two. They joke easily with each other, and are different around each other than either is with anyone else on the show. Flack and Stella like to joke around, and Danny is constantly seeking Mac's approval, but it seems to me that when Danny and Flack work together, they're most at ease--two buddies working a case together.

I also love how they clearly have a friendship that goes on outside of work--in the first episode, Danny made reference to them playing basketball together on the weekend. When Danny was in trouble in "On the Job," it was Flack he called when he needed someone to confide in.

I love seeing that closeness on screen, especially since the two characters are so different. They're an Odd Couple of sorts--Flack is so laid back, assured and completely confident, whereas Danny is a bundle of nerves and very emotional. Flack comes from a police background, while at least one member of Danny's family is connected to the mob.

What do you like about these two? Pictures are welcome as well! :)

Awsome! Another Danny/Flack thread! :D I love it! Well you seem to bring out all the right points Top41. I love how their friendship is so strong and although they mave their ups and down they are still always there for each other. :) Seeing them both together go towards to my favorite scenes.

I figured since it had spilled over into the Danny/Carmine and Flack/Eddie threads, it might be good to centralize it here. ;) :)

They do seem to be there for each other in thick and thin. I mean, Danny stormed out of the diner on Flack in "On the Job," and next thing we see, Flack is still tirelessly working on his case, trying to clear Danny. That is real friendship.

But ... but ... isn't it the smexing between them that makes them so hot?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, seeeriously, all I can say in this case is, opposites attract. :D And my gosh, I so want to see them play basketball or baseball together in an episode one day! Or hold and play with an adorable baby. Or do the horizontal tango.

Hey. I can wish, can't I? :lol: ;)

^ :lol:

my fave thing about the couple is, like Top said, their obvious friendship and how they are laid back around each other. i think the closest friendship/relationship to that is the mac/stella one, but it isn't as visible as this one. stella doesn't change around mac as much as danny does around flack. danny stops being so agitated.

i also love the way they're both sarcastic and joke with each other. they're just so damn perfect together! :) :D

CSINY_114_274.jpg

CSINY_114_276.jpg

Lucky woman.

Yay, another Danny and Flack thread. :D I agree that these two act differently with each other than they do with anyone else. Poor Danny is so high strung but he seems much more at ease around Flack.

I too would love to see Danny and Flack playing basketball. Anything outside of work just to see how strong their friendship is.

I loved it in Blink when Danny mentioned basketball. It right away said they already had a strong friendship.

Man, it's hard to talk about them being friends only. :( But as Top41 said, I'll just mosey on over to the shipper thread. :D

But yeah, they do have a special friendship. Danny and Aiden had chemistry when they worked together but it was nothing compared do Danny and Flack. I hope to see them together more in season 3.

I wanna see how Danny deals with almost losing his best friend. Especially since RSRD and losing Aiden. He got really emotional when Aiden died. I was a little surprised at the lack of emotion he showed when it came to Flack getting hurt but I think he was just afraid of losing someone else that he cares a great deal for.

Anyway, more Danny and Flack in season 3 and I'll be happy. :)

^ i think the lack of emotion was him trying not to break down in front of everyone. i bet he went home, cried his eyes out and trashed his apartment. i think he needed to be alone (he can't break down into mac's arms again, can he?) and that's why he left so abruptly.

^Let's just hope he didn't break down in Lindsay's arms. I think you're right. He tries to hide his emotions. I think he dropped her off and then went straight home and had a good cry all alone. He did seem like he couldn't get out of the hospital fast enough. I know it wasn't because he didn't wanna be with Flack. Besides, he knew Mac and Stella was there and I don't think Mac was going anywhere.

I'm sure that once he calmed down he went back to the hospital. Who knows, maybe by then, Flack was awake. After all, he did squeeze Mac's hand when he asked. I just have a feeling that come September, time will have passed and Flack will be back to work. Now are they gonna adress what happened in the finale or is it gonna be business as ususal? I think Flack is kinda tough and will be back to work but I also think in private he will be a little edgy. I would like to see Danny be there for him to talk about it just like Flack was there for danny in On The Job.

great idea Top!! Wonderful caps Tuesdaymorning.. :)

Personally, I like the two of them because they compliment eachother, they have great personalities individually, but together they just work so well together, and of course, they're hott.. but thats off topic. I just like the chemistry between the two of them, you can see that they have that friendship between them, they have one anothers back. Its hard to explain, I'm sure everyone here is on the same page as me, gets the idea at least. I just enjoy them, especially when they get to work cases together. One of my fav seens with the two of them is from "Heroes" when Danny is processing the Marines clothes and Flack comes in, just the reassurance in Flacks voice toward Danny (about the whole Aiden situation).

I think I might be the only one with this viewpoint, but somehow, I don't think Danny's gonna cry over what happened to Flack. Something tells me he'll be the motivational drive that gets Flack back into shape again so quick (and I'm NOT talking horizontal tango). Danny seems the type - to me anyway - to hang out with him, say, at Don's apartment, but also be like "get off your ass and get me a beer... your house - you host". That 'do it yourself' mentality designed to get Don moving around. I can honestly see Danny saying to Don "C'mon, let's go shoot hoops. I'll go easy on you... spot you ten points." to which Don's pride would think he doesn't need ten points from Messer and the game would be on.

Make sense? It's kinda early for me to be thinking.

^ i can see your point... but in my opinion, with danny being the emotional time bomb he is, he's going to need to do something. if he doesn't cry i can see him becoming destructive at least and maybe later being depressed or something. as soon as flack is out though, he might show a stronger character (as Khanada said, and make flack want to get up and get better.

depending on his reaction, we will see if danny's character has evolved. his season one character would be more prone to an emotional breakdown (tears and anger) while the season 2 character would be more internally afflicted but would make don understand that he needs to move on. i really hope the writers tie up this problem and show something between the two. in another thread someone said that maybe the SE02 character's calmness was just preparing for an eventual emotional explosion and i hope that if that is the case, it will be in relation to flack's situation.

*phew* (that felt good :) )

Back