The Closer

Well, damn, I missed this one, had company, and when they left, I turned on my TV~~ and "DATELINE" was on, I totally forgot, so....tell me about it, was it as good as always?

It was much more serious than usual. Last night's episode, "Ruby," will be repeated on Monday at 8:00 pm (Eastern) just before the next new episode, "The Round File." And if I've told you once, I've told you a million times... OK, a dozen times... set your vCR or Tivo. And check local listings for time and channel in your area. And brush your teeth after every meal. And wipe your feet on the mat before coming in the door. And...

OKIE DOKIE DADDY :lol: I will do everything you say.. thank's for the heads-up I'll write myself a note about the timing!

I have become obsessed with this show. My Nan has been watching it and I finally decided to have a look at it myself. Only because I had been watching the Police Academy series again and I love G.W. Bailey as Harris. Then I find out he's on The Closer, so naturally I had to check it out. So granted I started watching the show for him but have come to love, I can't say all the characters because Commander Taylor drives me nuts, but I've come to love the show as a whole. They have great storylines and I love the humor. I also love Kyra's accent. I find myself speaking with one now again after I've watched an episode.

The downside is that I haven't been able to see season 3 yet because I live in Canada and since I don't have digital cable or a satellite dish, I don't get TNT.

But I did just finish watching Flashpoint... episode 5 in season 1. My God Provenza cracked me up... especially at the end when Brenda forgot to take her wire off and he's listening in on her and Fritz. I couldn't stop laughing.

Question: I was wondering why they never gave Provenza a first name. I have two in mind for him but I'm not sure which would suit him better.

Anyway, bottom line... I love this show and can't wait until I get to see season 3.

brassfan24 said:
Question: I was wondering why they never gave Provenza a first name.
From an interview with TV Guide online:

Seemingly not having a first name is just one of the quirky qualities that makes The Closer's Detective Lieutenant Provenza one of the most endearing characters on a show full of them. G.W. Bailey, whose own real first name is George — but don't call him that — may not be a household moniker, but you'd probably know his face. The veteran actor's long career ranges from Charlie's Angels through such series as M*A*S*H, St. Elsewhere and The Jeff Foxworthy Show to a recent gig as a faux Santa Claus.

I just watched this re-run about "RUBY" and it made me nauseous, sickening.. low-life gutter slime.. A..hole.. horrible, and when Gabriel attacked him I was going YES, and Brenda she got his connfession didn't she and he murdered two other little girls, and when she said, walking out the door, I do understand, I don't care" ;) heart wrenching ep. so sad!! that there's freaks like that walking around and putting Gabriel on suspension, and she called him 'her favorite' and he couldn't say he might not do that again! WOW intense. I've got the next one recorded, but can't take two in a row!

This last ep. was poigant sad, but a bit funny at the same time. Orson Bean [boy is he old] was great, and how the manager was poisoning these poor senior citizens to get his bonus, and said to Brenda, 'who cares' her expressions incredible :eek: she got him to confess, and he though he'd done nothing wrong! good again ;)

Yet another great episode.. Brenda with the flu :D she's a riot.. and her patient boyfriend, the parking lot valet.. so up-tight and nervous.. and her team having to go through the hazmat training.. which she was ticked off about :mad: the lead guy says [on the two way talking device] 'the batteries are missing" and she goes "I wonder how that happened" :lol: but the line that cracked me up came from the blonde bimbo, who hired a hit man, who killed her boyfriend instead of her husband! when they were taking her away, 'this is a tapestry, of justice' it's travesty of justice :lol: and him calling the doctor, and she made him wait, like she had to at the doctors office.. I know you all know she's nominated for a EMMY, and I think she might take it~ 'THANK YEW' :D

The Closer Remains on the Case for Season 4
It was announced on Wednesday by TNT/TBS/TCM senior vice president Michael Wright that TNT's hit crime drama The Closer has been renewed for a fourth season. "With each season, The Closer keeps getting better while its audience keeps getting bigger," said Wright. "We are absolutely thrilled to be welcoming back [Emmy nominee] Kyra [Sedgwick] and the rest of the extraordinary cast."

Well done, Brenda. - TVGuide

This week's ep. was also riveting the L.A. gang fratcion.. and how she handled them was so extrodinary. she's not afraid of anything, when she had the two gangs in the interogation room and the one goes "would you like to be my bitch" and she smiles so cute, and goes "My dance card is full" :lol:good answer, and she's obvioulsy sick, and is in denial, I wonder what she has? her boyfriend always so understanding.. so it was the dad of the kid, that we all thought maybe killed the other two, and his reason.. to protect him :(

Another extremly riveting show.. Brenda, I swear she's so electrifying, she just holds one's interest.. the old serial kller, with a twist.. EWWWW :( she was so intense with the husband and the threesome factor :(.. and the boat and the beach, and the cattle prod, so morbid, and at the shop I knew that creep was going to attack her, the back-up gun.. good one Brenda.. and the sweet tender moment, with her and her cute, always understanding boyfriend, the ring :p after she found out she might be going through early menopause, she made me laugh, her comments about that :lol: great cast, I like them all! A+ again!

Still another excellent ep. although the violence of ths 'hit' where she almost got killed and her partner as well, because of again, disobeying orders, it had some lighthearted moments,. the parents. wow, they matched the dad really well, to her look's, she resembles him, the same brown eyes, same nose. [who is this actor]? and she certainly got her spunk from him too! and the swat team following her around, annoying her.. and the elevator scene, I was positive that creep, was going to pull out a gun and shoot her, but she doesn't let up, wow like a big dog with a bigger bone!! so she knew it was him.. and he wasn't aiming for her, the poor reporter :(, for exposing his dad's un-sanitary restuarant :( and her team coming to the rescue, and the ending with her dad hugging her 'finance' and her mom snapping the photo. AHHHH ;) so good!

Brenda's father is played by Barry Corbin, who played retired astronaut Maurice J. Minnifield on "Northen Exposure" and Coach Whitey Durham on "One Tree Hill." I remember him from Wargames where he played a army general.

Brenda's mom is played by Frances Sternhagen, who played Cliff Claven's mom in a few episodes of "Cheers" and Millicent Carter in some episodes of "ER."

Thank's Dynamo Barry Corbin, that's it, I just couldn't place his name, I missed the credits, and I've never heard of her [the mom] :( your up on your stars!

Back