The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I couldn't find another post on this, i watched this show, its pretty good.

Descript: TNT "The Closer"
    THE CLOSER, an original series starring Kyra Sedgwick (The Woodsman, Loverboy, Cavedweller) is a taut police drama that tells the story of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (two-time Golden Globe nominee Sedgwick), a police detective who transfers from Atlanta to LA to head up a special unit of the LAPD that handles sensitive, high-profile murder cases. Johnson's quirky personality and hard-nosed approach often rub her colleagues the wrong way, but her reputation as one of the world's best interrogators eventually wins over even her toughest critics.

Joining Sedgwick in the series are J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, Law & Order, Oz) as Johnson's boss, Assistant Police Chief Will Pope; Robert Gossett (Arlington Road, The Net) as Captain Taylor, head of the robbery homicide division; and Jon Tenney (You Can Count on Me, Get Real) as FBI Agent Fritz Howard.

THE CLOSER comes to TNT from The Shephard/Robin Company in association with Warner Bros. Television. James Duff (The D.A., The Agency), Greer Shephard (Nip/Tuck, The D.A.) and Michael Robin (Nip/Tuck, The D.A., NYPD Blue) serve as executive producers.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The premiere episode was very good. I am glad it finally got here, because I was getting tired of the same promo every few minutes on TNT.

One other regular on this series is G.W. Bailey as Detective Lt. Provenza. He might be best known for playing Sgt. Rizzo on M*A*S*H.

3. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I watched it as well...I thought it was really good. I've always liked both Kyra Sedgwick and J.K. Simmons.

I do agree that the promo got a little old though, lol.

4. Destiny

Watched "About Face" episode it was so cool how they had her going around doing all that and her look, wonder if she keeps it or if they go back the previous look before.

Sedgwick Finds haven In Tv Role Now this is a good interview with the actress, who doesn't look a bit like 39 i honestly thought she was younger.

I loved her portrayal in the TNT movie "Door to Door" i don't think i will ever get tired of that movie, it was a good true story and deserved all its awards.

(Sorry back on topic), At first i didn't think i would like this much until they played the great lines like...
    If I liked being called a bitch to my face I'd still be married.
    The one line about if they disliked her so much then wait till the end of the case then they will really have something to dislike her for.
    The ultimate one, the new stationary with names listed at the top of it, and hers reads PMS. :lol:

This show seems to be pretty cool, just enough comedic lines to keep the drama portion in balance. JMO.

5. Destiny

I have watched this show never missing an ep and i like it, it's funny and yet keeps in the range of the police drama and it's not like alot of other police shows.

I really like this show it's pretty cool.

6. Dynamo1

She comes into the interogation room with a smile on her face and dropping things, all apologetic. Sort of like Columbo or Monk. It throws the suspect off guard. But she knows what she is doing and gets the criminal in the end.

7. Destiny

Yep giving off that sloppy "i can't believe i did that" type of attitude and that other one where she will stand up to the men on the team and won't back down.

Then when the guys on the team think, they will bring her down, she proves again why she carries the title "The Closer" and they are sent back to lala land and square one.

I like also like the part where she wouldn't admit that she was getting lost driving. :D

8. Destiny

:D get someone to confess and yet he not be awear of it till you explain it to him. i think there are only 2-3 more eps of this season for this show.

9. Dynamo1

From Matt Roush, critic for TV Guide, in his "Ask Matt" online column:

10. Future_CSI

Future_CSI CSI Level Two

I think her accent's fake. I've watched numerous videos and interviews of her, and the accent wasn't there. Hmm...

11. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

I think her character is awesome, she's a cross between Erin Brochovich & Columbo. Well, to me anyway.

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Awesome that Kyra has been married to Kevin Bacon so long! I'm glad she found a place on TV where she is welcome, show is good!

13. Destiny

I totally agree, she does an excellent job, one minute a southern lady and the next can kick butt and take names while doing other things, multi-tasker. :D

14. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

It's nice to know that not all hollywood romances are doomed. Cool how supportive they've been of each other. Imagine, seventeen years!! Here's a nice pic of Kyra and her hubbie :D:

[​IMG]

15. Destiny

September 5, 2005, special 70 min season finale, called "Standards and Practices", tvguide and TNT ep descriptions (May contain spoilers as noted).

For anyone interested, this is the tvguide.com descript, no real spoilers here, but to be safe.

In the first season finale, Brenda and her team investigate the murder of an esteemed Hollywood producer.
    Meanwhile, Brenda is charged with "Conduct unbecoming".

-------------

May Contain Spoilers, From the TNT Closer Site

Chief Pope is under fire when a spree of hate crimes targeting the gay community escalates from robbery to murder. Determined to catch the killer before he strikes again, Pope reassigns the case to Brenda and the Priority Murder Division, much to the displeasure of Captain Taylor. But when a member of Brenda's team secretly provides Taylor with a lead that could close the case, Brenda hands Pope an ultimatum that will shake up the squad.