The Closer

Re: The Closer *possible spoilers*

From TV Guide online:

Fans of The Closer: Our Live Webcast Wants You
This Thursday, June 7, at 4 pm/ET, TVGuide.com will host a live and interactive webcast in which The Closer creator James Duff and cast members including Kyra Sedgwick, Jon Tenney, J.K. Simmons and Anthony Denison will survey the new season premiering June 18. TV Guide's Craig Tomashoff will moderate the chat, inviting the guest panel to respond to questions e-mailed in by you, the fans.

To participate in the webcast, which will be simulcast on TNT.tv and CNN Pipeline, click the TVGuide.com homepage link going up Thursday afternoon.

The TV Guide Channel will go behind the scenes of The Closer and join the crew for the season premiere and more on their series Infanity, Monday, June 11, 9:00 PM (Eastern time). Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

Scheduled repeats are:
Tuesday, June 12 3:00 PM
Wednesday, June 13 1:00 AM
Thursday, June 14 4:00 PM
Thursday, June 14 10:00 PM
Friday, June 15 7:00 PM (all times Eastern)

From TV Guide online:

Casting About: Details on The Closer's Daddy

Some new deets from The Closer regarding Brenda Leigh's soon-to-be-introduced papa. Clay Johnson, to be played by Barry Corbin (Northern Exposure), is "a retired military officer who owns auto-parts stores in the metro Atlanta area." Corbin and returning guest star Frances Sternhargen (as Brenda's mom) will both appear in Episodes 10 (airing Aug. 20), 11, 14 and 15.

Frances Sternhargen played Cliff Claven's mom on Cheers. Are Cliff and Brenda related? :)

From TV Guide online:

The Closer's Season 3 opener was watched by 8.8 million, besting the TNT hit's previous premiere and setting a new record for ad-supported cable's best delivery of all time for a series telecast.

I was blown away too, phenomonal I think this is one of my favotire shows! where to begin, the crime scene so bloody and horrifying, reminicent of "I LIKE TO WATCH' with them filming everything, and how p...off some of the crew were. especially Credenza {spelling?].. how CSI, but horrible just the same/ And Brenda :D she rocks, so good, like a dog with a big bone, and always defying her boss on the budget cuts :( she goes head on, and does what she wants, & a different twist, a bigamist {VOLCANO..CSI] and trying to figure out who's who, I was mystified at the end, by who did it :( and her expressions, feeling sympathy and yet furious at the same time, towards the kid! and then there's the cute romantic kissy-kissy huggie-huggie scenes :p, he moved all his stuff in.. funny :lol: to force her to get a new spot!

So I started watching 'The Closer' on the day of the season premiere (tried catching up by watching some of the marathon episodes the day of the premiere also) and I love it.

"Homewrecker" was a a fantastic episode. I really became attached to Provenza and was afraid that he would retire/quit. So I'm sure he'll still be on the show, *fingers crossed*

And for those of you into casting news, there's some on Epatha Merkerson

V Guide: You have an arc coming up on TNT's The Closer.

clap.gif
another superb ep. Brenda is top-notch [Kyra] in this series, she's a trip, so full of vim and vinegar and spunk.. she always gets them, [the bad guy] doesn't she? and Provenza I love his character, he cracks me up :D on his memory , his funny comments, so the dead kids own high and mighty self-righteous brother was the perp, and she dug it out of him, although her and her co-worker didn't see eye-to-eye on this, and she's so terrifed of what her father think's about her 'living' with a guy & their arguments, get pretty volatile,:eek: but the ending reading the letter, apparently it wasn't a bad one, she was giggling :lol: THANK YEW

I cannot wait for the new season to start airing in Canada. We are about a month behind all of you in the States. I just bought the Second season box set, and can't wait to rewatch last season. I am so jealous that you all have seen the first episode, and I have to wait. You are all so lucky!

desertwind said:
clap.gif
another superb ep. Brenda is top-notch [Kyra] in this series, she's a trip, so full of vim and vinegar and spunk.. she always gets them, [the bad guy] doesn't she? and Provenza I love his character, he cracks me up :D on his memory , his funny comments, so the dead kids own high and mighty self-righteous brother was the perp, and she dug it out of him, although her and her co-worker didn't see eye-to-eye on this, and she's so terrifed of what her father think's about her 'living' with a guy & their arguments, get pretty volatile,:eek: but the ending reading the letter, apparently it wasn't a bad one, she was giggling :lol:
AHAH!

I loved Monday's epi too. I love her. She's such a character.

The whole story with Fritz moving in is great.

Oh, and the beginning of the epi ... Very nice camera work. I was like OMG who's that body? :D

Always cracks me up when she says "Oh, shoot!" I don't know why :lol: She rocks!

THANK YEW
I second that THANK YEWWWWWWW! ;)

This was for sure a comedy/drama, from the beginning, when they dropped the casket, and the bodies rolled out :D crazy, and bizzare, I was going "WHAT", and although it was macabre, it was funny :lol: and Brenda yelling running through the cemetary.. she's such a trip, and her hiar looked so much better, pulled back.. and the plastic surgeon, talking about her lipstick and her 'large mouth' and how she acted and was so worried about it, she does have a large mouth, and I [being in the cosmetic business] always though her lipstick was way to bright and way to red! so when she was trying different shades, and selected the brown/bronze color. it look's so much better with her coloring :p and Provenza he's a riot, eating all the catered food! and that out of control bride, attacking Brenda :eek:and her eating the frosting, their all so funny, I was smiling the whole time, and so it was the doctor :confused: a delightful ep. THANK YEW, YA'ALL :D

No problem, Shane. TNT currently reruns the previous week's episode just before airing the next one. So, at 8:00 pm (Eastern) on July 9, they will rerun "Saving Face" followed by "Ruby."

< < < VCR/TIVO ALERT > > >

The next episode, the one airing this coming Monday at 9:00 pm (Eastern), will run at least TEN minutes longer than usual. So set your machines for extra time to record. Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

Back