The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. IreneAdler76

IreneAdler76 Hit and Run

Re: The Closer *possible spoilers*

How did I miss that pivotal scene where he tells her? I must have been workingon one of my grad school papers -- your attention's diverted. That must have been a great scene -- I'll have to catch it when it reairs. Thanks all!

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

No problem its right around the beginning of the ep, before they find the head, she takes the egg whites and he has the "best waffles" which when he goes to check on the head lol she takes a bite out of. :lol:

ETA:News Item:

'The Closer's' Johnson Slowly Gains Respect

<Snip small>

Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson doesn't just have difficult murders to solve. She also has difficult men to salve. -- The steel magnolia cop played by Kyra Sedgwick on the popular TNT series "The Closer" is surrounded by a posse of male LAPD colleagues who team with her on high-profile homicides. But they've also had some attitude about working for a woman, especially a Southern newcomer such as Johnson. -- "I think if she has any problem with men in the workplace it is that they let their egos get in the way, and their pride, and sometimes they act out of that, rather than out of righteousness and justice," says Sedgwick.

<Snip>
    No matter how their characters may feel about Johnson, the actors who portray these men have no doubts about the satisfaction of working with Sedgwick, who's vying for an Emmy later this month for her "Closer" performance.

<Snip>
    "It's not only easier to do, it sometimes wiser to go with your personality because in series television you have to do it every day for weeks, months," says Gossett, a veteran stage performer with numerous film and TV credits. "But Kyra has taken the complete opposite approach. This is truly a character she has created out of her artistic sensibility. It's wonderful to see it." -- Because Sedgwick who's been married to Kevin Bacon nearly 18 years has taken creative risks with Johnson's persona, Gossett says that "feeds throughout the cast, so we all want to come with our A game."

It's along article and those are snips from throughout it. :) But the full thing is kind of enlightening.

3. IreneAdler76

IreneAdler76 Hit and Run

Yeah, I obviously missed that part, and it sounds like a damn fine one at that. Brenda MUST have been surprised.

Thank God this is my last grad school class -- I can get back to the important things ... like TV viewing! hahahahaha

4. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Last night's episode was another scary one. Can you imagine that doctor acting like he was some sort of god or something? Even worse then making fun of Brenda's accent. Oh, that made me so mad. Look up arrogant in the dictionary and his picture will be there. The mother being so desperate to find out what happened to her son he performs and autopsy on him. :eek:

I couldn't believe the ending. So unfair all the way around.

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Happy birthday today, August 19, to Kyra Sedgwick, star and Emmy nominee for lead actress in The Closer.

6. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Last night's show was so funny. Brenda and her car wreck. Messing with Flynn's cell phone. That Captain West was all business. :lol:

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Kyra/Brenda, was so good in this this eppy at the beginning so many mishaps-and the way she handles them- and never think's she's wrong- :lol: she's great- ;) I loved the part when the cop was interrogating her somewhat and she goes "I could sit here all day and listen to your rules" but I've got a double homicide to go to- :lol: good one again ;)

8. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Oh my! Brenda just can't get over Pope. Or can she?

9. Desertwind

Once agin Brenda rose to the occasion- she's really good in this- when the ex-wife told her off in frot of all her peers- chilling, and she held it together so well- her expressions tell it all- and at the end- when the low-life creep said "go to hell" she goes "you first" in his face- :eek: I cracked up- such a good new show- and her not winning-an EMMY--- she still has so much time- ;) Mariska really deserved it after so many years

10. troll

troll Victim

anyone else getting a little frustrated over the whole does she have feelings for pope or not thing? i think i'll go balistic if she breaks it off with fritz!

11. Destiny

I doubt she will break it off with Fritz, in the last ep when he said "I love you" and she didn't respond I thought dang smart closer, but bad bad Brenda lol. Then she wrote Fritz that note and in it, it said "I love you too". That told me that she made her decision. I believe that she has feeling for Pope, probably always will, but I don't think that they are as intense, more that it has changed from lovers to friends who care for each other.

For Pope on the other hand I think he is the one with the problem, he keeps telling Brenda "We agreed..." basically that they are straight friends and co workers, then turns around and asks her out, or makes a comment that sounds like he wants more, or just giving confusing signals, which I think is a confusing mess for Brenda, one minute they are fine and the next he gets complicated.

What would concern me is not so much Brenda breaking it off with Fritz, but rather Fritz getting tired of thinking he is second in line. Brenda has so much trouble articulating her feelings in a general sense being such a private person that she goes to far one way or the other to do what she tries to feel is right for her and those around her.

Marathon & Finale
    Date: September 4, 2006
    Time: 9 am -9 pm. est.
    Network: TNT
    NOTE: At 9:00 pm. est will be the season finale episode
    Kyra's husband "Kevin Bacon" is directing the episode, I can't wait for it. -- Here is a TNT description of...

When an FBI agent and the wife of a mob informant are murdered, Brenda and Fritz find themselves at odds over who should handle the case. With the chief witness in the murders slated to testify against a major mob boss, Brenda and her team are under the gun to solve the murder. But when the identity of the killer is revealed, Brenda's team comes under fire -- and someone is going down.

Also a bit more about the ep at The Futon Critic.

For those interested Season two's second half will begin on December 4, 2006, and also if you are wondering they have been renewed for a third season. :)

12. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

That's what I felt weird...Fritz told her "I love you" and repeated in less a minute, but she said nothing... You know it's normal to stay silent if people emphasize their love for you in an inappropriate situation...but if they repeated...for the second or a third time...it means they are expecting for your respones... It's unbelievable that Brande just stand there and said nothing...???

I don't know if it is becoz she still has feelings for Pope...as you suspect... But one thing I think know is that Brande didn't response for Fritz's first claim that "I love you" becoz of his anger... It doesn't mean Fritz should have any fury with her, it's just the way he expressed his anger, jealousy and upset and what starts the fire... I don't think the rumors is a good excuse to eqarrel... Maybe Brande is shocked...???

It would be sad if Brande breaks off with Fritz... Now what we agree is that Friz loves her... I cannot say Brande loves Fritz too when I saw her stayed silent in the conversation with Fritz... But when the end comes...when Pope says "we are good" to Brande...if she is calm, rational and smart enough, she would know that Pope doesn't love her...( Great respect to the writers who wrote that dialog...) Brande should know the difference...

13. Desertwind

WOW- what a great "finale"- from her looking for "kitty" to the intense ending- :eek: nail-biter-the bad FBI guy Michael O'Keefe, he's been on a CSI-the one where the daughter murdered her mom, and stuck her in the freezer-- (forget name) but Brenda/Kyra- rules- she's so fantastic- good show- now it's not back on till Dec. :(

14. Destiny

Something I found interesting, "Michael O'Keefe" who played 'FBI Special Agent Tim Hecht' who was protecting witnesses from the mob until he testified, and the mention of mob killer 'Callie'. In the recent season finale "Overkill". "O'Keefe" also played on Law & order's episode "Brothers Keeper" in which he played 'Cally' who was working for the FBI as an informent by going undercover into the mob in return he got protection. In the end his Law & Order Character just like his Closer Character died.

When I was first watching the ep of the "Closer" I kept thinking I know that guy lol and then they said "Callie" and I was like well crap thats it "Law & Order" and thought it was interesting.

Some fav quotes from this ep "OverKill"

Fritz: You know, when you think about it, do we ever really know what Kitty's doing when our backs are turned? She's probably partying every day when we're at work, inviting other cats over, smoking the catnip, scratching herself in odd places...
    --------------
    Brenda: Poor Kitty. He's probably terrified.
    Fritz: She, she's probably terrified. While we're out, we'll leave the door open, and we'll put some food out for her.
    Brenda: Kitty! (Kitty runs out the door) Oh! Kitty? Kitty? Fritz! I told you not to leave the door open!
    --------------
    Brenda: Oh, uh, better if I do this one without you.
    Fritz: Why's that?
    Brenda: I'm going to have to do a little bit of what I do to you at home.
    (A moment later)
    Buzz: So...when you're at home, does she blame you for everything?
    Fritz: Well, lately.
    --------------
    Provenza: Well, it's been my experience that the one who has your back is usually the one sticking a knife in it.
    Flynn: (indignantly) Yeah...and I love you too.

15. Desertwind

The epsiode Michael O'Keefe was in on CSI was "Got Murder" S/3-where he played the dad who's daughter killed the wife because she was in love with her father- :( he plays a good/bad guy, and another bit of trivia he was married to rock singer Bonnie Raitt-wonder where he'll show up next?