The British and Irish Thread

Woot! We've already found ourselves a tourguide :D

Looks like there's really a lot to see in Dublin. We're still doubting between two cities though, which are Prague and Dublin (and Vienna but that one's ruled out due to limited budget :lol:). Dublin's my choice and Prague's my mate's choice, so now I have more to convince him ;)

Either we're going end of July or mid-September. Kinda depending on the weather :rolleyes:
Either way, I'm letting you know ;)

Thanks for the info!

I went to Southport at the weekend. Has anyone ever been- if so, did you actually see the sea? I was at the end of the pier and still couldn't find it!

I think Whitby is my favourite seaside resort. (you can actually go for a paddle there without walking for more than an hour down the beach)

and whitby has the best fish and chip shop *in the world* - and that's not just my opinion, it's pretty much been decreed by TPTB! i think it's called the magpie. i've not been since i was about 10 :(

Magpie is great. I have been to Whitby the past 2 years, and each time we have been to Magpie . Cant comment on the fish, cos no-one in my family eats it, but the chips were yummy.
I wish I was at the beach now. What does everyone get upto on a bank holiday then?
My families tradition is to stay at home all bank hol, because it is sooo busy everywhere- very boring!
I decided to do my travelling yesterday and picked the very random town of Ludlow to go to. But it was really nice, and it only rained part of the day! Plus the castle is open until 7pm, even on a sunday, which I think is a great idea. Unless of course you work there...............

Last edited:
Never been to Whitby, wishing i could go though.. i fancy some fish and chips now.
If we go to the beach we normally go to Hunstanton as its closest to us. The sea is miles away and the sand turns into quick sand very unexpecitedly, but the ice cream is so good no one really minds. :lol:
Used to go to Wells alot, but haven't been since i was about 8 as it taks 4 hours to get there, but love it there so much. The sand i perfectly white and i allways remember the sea being quite warm, well for England anyway. :rolleyes:

As for the bank holiday. Have done nothing as our car broke down on Friday. :scream: Have been forced to do Drama coursework all weekend. :shifty: It was made a bit better by Hearts Top 100 summer songs though, some very interesting dance moves going on whilst washing up. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone else had a good bank holiday. :thumbsup:

Woot! We've already found ourselves a tourguide :D

Looks like there's really a lot to see in Dublin. We're still doubting between two cities though, which are Prague and Dublin (and Vienna but that one's ruled out due to limited budget :lol:). Dublin's my choice and Prague's my mate's choice, so now I have more to convince him ;)

Either we're going end of July or mid-September. Kinda depending on the weather :rolleyes:
Either way, I'm letting you know ;)

Thanks for the info!
Oh if you come to Dublin, I'd love to come down and meet up with you, heck Carrie could give me a little tour too, Dublin isn't that far away from me... I'm in Northern Ireland, close to Belfast, so it's only about 100 miles to Dublin, I could make a little day trip out of it. ;)

i did nothing very bankholidayish. i went to see final destination 3d (which was great, i love those films, they're so silly!) and then saw a friend for dinner in the pub - quiet but nice :)

I worked on bank holiday! Oh well i love my job and m and boss ordered pizza in the after when it was quiet :lol:

....I hate this rain guys!

i did nothing very bankholidayish. i went to see final destination 3d (which was great, i love those films, they're so silly!) and then saw a friend for dinner in the pub - quiet but nice :)
I've seen the first film, but that is all. Sounds like a good Bank hol:)

As for the bank holiday. Have done nothing as our car broke down on Friday. :scream: Have been forced to do Drama coursework all weekend. :shifty: It was made a bit better by Hearts Top 100 summer songs though, some very interesting dance moves going on whilst washing up. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone else had a good bank holiday. :thumbsup:
Thats a shame about the car- at least the weather wasnt so good. I hate it when it is really sunny, and you are forced to stay indoors.

I worked on bank holiday! Oh well i love my job and m and boss ordered pizza in the after when it was quiet :lol:

....I hate this rain guys!

Im soooo glad I get BH off. But at least you got pizza :)

I worked over the Bank Holiday and it was hell... i had Sunday off but thats about it, worked Saturday and Monday so was fun fun fun.

I saw a Christmas light in the street the other day. I think it wasnt supposed to be on yet, but it was very strange seeing it. It seems to be starting earlier every year!

i've already been given advent calendars for my cats (!) - my mate saw them in a pet shop ages ago (around 3 weeks ago) and got them for me more as a :eek::eek: type comment on the fact that you can buy advent calendars in september than as an actual gift. it's pretty shocking - not just that you can get them so early, but really - cats?!:rolleyes::guffaw:

They came out really early!
We have bought an advent calendar for the dog before, There is probably some shop, somewhere where they make them for every pet imaginable!

yeah, i've seen them. i'm sure my cats don't give a crap whether it's almost xmas! mind you, nor do i and i'll probably get one too, more for the chocolate than the event. i don't do jesus, but i definitely do chocolate :D

Back