The Anti-Danny Thread

I'm just wondering....does Danny have more episodes that revolve around him then another character. I believe that's true and because of that it's Hawkes or another character's turn!

To me it felt like he did in S1, and not only that, but I felt like we were being thrown so many bit of information to his background, much more than any of the other characters. I know it'll frequently happen that writers like to write about one character more than the others, but I just wish they could spread the love a little, especially towards Flack <g>

I hate it that everytime there's something big revealed or when something happens to a character, it has to happen to Danny (along with other topdogs). For the record, 3 eps. Tanglewood (though a cliff hanger), Run Silent Run Deep and Trapped.

I think it's time to shine the light on underdogs. Like Hawkes.

I totally agree with you tanglewood14 about the others needing episodes to highlight their past. I don't hate Danny but sometimes I want to slap him. I like him being a flirt but the drama queen routine can get on my nerves a bit.

I think it's on how the producers wrote the character. Bitchy, childish -- primadonna. And they went haywire on last S1 to the most part of S2. I'm still with my "one character per season" theory. So there...

I'm actually expecting less Danny-in-your-face time next season.

Well the Danny centric episodes did spill into season 2. I know this is the anti-Danny thread but for some reason he's become the most popular person on the show. Maybe because he has so many Danny fans and anti-Danny fans.

I'm sure Danny will still be a big part of the show for season 3. I want more Flack working with Danny. Also, I want Danny and Hawkes working together. But the best would be Danny, Flack, and Hawkes working together. Stella and Lindsay work best with Mac.

Like the saying goes, "There is no such thing as bad publicity."

The thing is, like in CSI:LV -- if there is a character not there for this particular episode, it doesn't feel complete. I think it's also applicable on NY (not just to Danny) because they have fewer characters than over-crowded LV. I remember the 2nd NY/Miami crossover, there was less Danny and less Flack -- the episode was dull no matter how action-packed the episode is.

I don't think CSI:NY will do if you erase Danny 100%. Toning it down would be okay considering he's over-exposed this season2.

I liked the LV/Miami crossover because they sent both Catherine and Nick to Miami. Grissom stayed behind. He didn't want to go. But when it comes to Miami and NY, Horatio goes to NY alone TWICE and Mac goes to Miami alone. I think Horatio should have taken Speedle the first time and Calleigh the second time. Mac should have taken someone with him too. Not sure who though. Stella couldn't go because the would be in charge. Aren't the rest of them grade 1? I guess because they work together, Lindsay would be the obvious choice.

I agree Danny was a little over-exposed in Season 2 bu t of course I loved it. Also, I think they have too many people on LV. Poor Miami has the least CSI's of all the shows unless they do make Natalia a CSI.

Yeah, it's getting severely crowded in LV. They have a handful of detectives, crap load of new chracters, can't seem to agree on a DNA person..... the issue there is under-exposure.

But with Danny, it's over-exposure.

I remember the 2nd NY/Miami crossover, there was less Danny and less Flack -- the episode was dull no matter how action-packed the episode is

I actually liked that ep a lot (maybe because Danny wasn't in it as much :p) more than say, Trapped (this *is* an Anti-Danny thread, right?) :devil: I wish Flack was the one trapped inside that panic room, that would've been a hoot. Or maybe Hawkes! Now *that* would've been something to see!

Also, that's (the 2nd crossover ep) where I actually found H funny (and thereby tolerable) :D

I wish Flack was the one trapped inside that panic room, that would've been a hoot. Or maybe Hawkes! Now *that* would've been something to see!

When I read the episode summary, for some reason my mind read 'Don' rather than Danny, and I was a little dissapointed to find that it wasn't our favourite detective stuck in there on his own. It would have made for an interesting episode, with everybody working to get Flack out of the room.

Flack stuck in that panic room would have been totally hot but not with a dead body. Danny knew what he needed to process the evidence and they would have had to tell Flack step by step what they needed, where to look for it, and what to do with it.

I liked Danny being stuck in there since he had to strip down to the wifebeater. :p

I liked Danny being stuck in there since he had to strip down to the wifebeater.

Heh, which is why I wanted it to be Flack!!!
Actually, it would be interesting if they did an episode where Flack for some reason had to process a scene on his own.

^^and strip down to his undershirt in the process. :p I'd give up a whole season of Danny in a wifebeater for just one scene of Flack with less clothes on. :devil:

Back