The Anti-Danny Thread

I don't think you can process a scene if you're not a licensed CSI. But anyway, I wish Flack was in there with Danny. At least both of them would strip down.

The reason why I didn't like the NY-Miami crossover (the 2nd one) is not coz of the lack of Danny as well as of Flack. Idk, no matter how fast they edited it to be, it was pretty slow.

The thing is with Danny, he's the character in the show who is always shoved on the viewers' faces. There's no warning on when he's coming -- no tremors before the earthquake.

I hope the Messer field-day of the producers go on a hiatus. We need more Flack (not to mention Hawkes and Monroe).

Is it Danny's (or Carmine's) fault the Danny was shoved in the viewer's faces?? I know there was a lot of Danny in S1 & 2 but you know how TPTB are. They either go overboard with something (in this case Danny) or they totally forget other things (Hawkes for one). Of course, I loved all the Danny-centric episodes. **ducks from flying objects** But I would like to see a little less of him and more of the other under-used characters.

I agree that we need more Flack and Hawkes but I'm still on the fence about Lindsay. I will admit that I don't care for her much (so far) but I'm gonna wait and see what TPTB do with her character before I decide because I can't take anymore of her personality shifts. If they can't settle on just one Lindsay for season 3, then I'll know my decision.

Yes, Danny was definitely brought front and center for many episodes in S1 and S2, but I'm guessing that he was a standout member of the ensemble from the get go - which is why he became the writers' darling.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little less of him in S3, and maybe play up Hawkes a lot more, get to see more of Mac's out of work persona, and all that good stuff. I can always get my Danny-fix on DVD.

Springmoon said:
Yes, Danny was definitely brought front and center for many episodes in S1 and S2, but I'm guessing that he was a standout member of the ensemble from the get go - which is why he became the writers' darling.

Good point. He exuded attitude off the bat. It's not his fault that he was overused and exhausted to the nth power. Since he got the most reaction, the producers decided to experiment with him first, IMO.

As for Lindsey -- er... nothing jumps off her page.

Is it bad that when I see Danny cry I want to start laughing? Watching RSRD I laughed at the end. And during the scene when he talked to Mac it just seemed wrong some how. Can't put my finger on it.

^^Just curious, but why did that scene with Mac seem wrong? IMO, it was a great scene and it showed the Mac was over the stupid crap that Danny did in Season 1.

But it could have been much better if he had been crying in Flack's arms instead. :p

See I don't think that at all. Mac may be willing to give him another try but it seems once you break Mac's trust its hard to get back. If Mac was a friend/father figure I would have thought he would say something to really get that across.

Mac sure gave him hell though in Season 1 for good reason. I wanted to smack Danny after he went and gave his statement after Mac told him not to. He should know that Mac wouldn't tell him something that he didn't mean or believe in. Danny dug his own grave there. In the finale when Danny asked Mac if they were good he said We'll see. Danny deserved that too because Mac was still upset with him.

Things were a little better between them in Season 2 but I thought the hug scene sealed the deal. Mac didn't really have to be there for Danny but there he was.

I see your point about Mac saying something to get that point across but it was no different than in On The Job when Danny met Flack in the diner. Danny wanted Flack to say that he had his back but Flack never did because Danny knows that Flack is always there for him. Danny just needs verbal reassurance on everything...all hail to the Drama Queen. :D

The scene would've worked better if it's Flack instead of Mac giving him a hug. :D Anyway, I think those scenes where Danny needs to hear the words may root from his past -- it's giving me the impression that he had a rocky childhood or something.

Still, let's not blame Danny or Carmine or Mac or Gary -- it's the writers' faults hahahahh

I totally agree...it is the writer's faults. :D Carmine and Mac just did what they were told. I'm just looking forward to season 3 and hoping we get lots of Flack. Hawkes should get more storylines and Lindsay a little less. Danny will probably still be in the middle of it all. Trouble just seems to follow him. :lol: He couldn't even ride the subway home without finding a dead body on the track. :p

It seems as if an episode is not complete w/o a Danny scene. Or a bitching scene lol... not to mention every episode MUST have a Flack quotable quote.

But yeah, less Danny and MORE FLACK. This season should be his.

What would NY be without a memorable Flack quote? He's had the best one liners right from the start. Yes, More Flack for season 3. I definately want to see him in more episodes. TPTB seem to think we have to have a Drama Queen Danny moment. I know this is the ani-Danny thread but I do like him but he does have issues. Hell, he has more screentime than Mac most of the time. :D

Back