Texan Charm- a Nick/George Discussion Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know GE said somewhere that the whole babysitter thing was a storyline that didn't sit well with him, that he never thought was a good idea to add to his character. I think I remember him saying that he has asked that they never pursue that particular side of Nick any further.

I guess those loose ends will remain that way throughout the show. I have to admit, that is pretty unsatisfying.

And a bit unrealistic, IMO. But I still love the show, and GE. :)

~Lily

Actually, I think it's pretty realistic. Sometimes life just goes on. That's pretty real-life-ish if you ask me.

Hm, I see what you mean. I was thinking more about GD than his childhood incident, because GD being more recent would have a greater effect on him.

To show some comparison, Sara is STILL not moving on from her traumatic childhood. I would compare that with GD for Nick. He definitely is a changed man, and even though GD will stay with him for the rest of his life, I admire his strength for not falling apart over the issue. I guess I just wanted to see what was proverbally 'under his skin' when it came to the burial.

Either way, it's ultimately not my decision, so I'm just babbling. :lol:

Ya know...that is kind of true about Sara. We've seen her "issue" come up numerous times throughout the seasons, and Warrick's gambling as well. But they just kind of throw this wild cards out there on Nick and NEVER really elaborate.

I have a theory they might be saving it for another time. *nods*

Who knows? TPTB might want to introduce a new issue with Nick later on, but again, that's just all speculation.

As much as I like character issues from outside sources, I like inner demons much more. Warrick's gambling problem is an example. It makes them seem more human and less fiction.

Sometimes I think with all the personal stuff TPTB have already thrown at Nick (I remember someone calling him "the writer's bitch", correct me if I'm wrong) they could easily start a spin-off focusing on all his problems. "CSI Stokes -life outside the lab" would be a nice idea :D

(visualizes Nicky being tugged between us by his arms)

"Back off! It's MY TURN to kiss his boo-boo's" :devil:

softcake_70 said:
Sometimes I think with all the personal stuff TPTB have already thrown at Nick (I remember someone calling him "the writer's bitch"

That was Sobell over at TWoP.....I miss her recaps of CSI something awful. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back