Texan Charm- a Nick/George Discussion Thread Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by allmaple, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

A while ago someone, I believe either wlk68 or OnlyTruth, posted an article about George's mom being up for an award that's to do with her job. Did we ever find out if she won.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

What bugs me is his Dad's reaction. Instead of praising George, he gave him hell. Sounds like something my dad would have said to me, oh well.

Poor George, he's been through the ringer. He also had his house burnt down and salad thrown in his face, been fired. Yeah, that guy is made of tough stuff.

All the more reason to love him!!!

3. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

That was me. Coincindentally, I was checking just yesterday to see if she had won....Unfortunately not.

There were 5 nominees and Dr. John King of the Hidalgo School District was the winner. He got a check for $5000.00 and a Superintendent of the Year ring.

Dr. Vivian Baker - aka GE's Mom - received an award of $1000.00 which she will contribute to the scholarship fund named in her honor through the Belton Educational Foundation.

Dr. Baker said, "I am honored to have represented Belton ISD in this way. It's because of the strong team with whom I work that we've been able to achieve so much, and I look forward to even greater successes for our district in the days ahead."

The above quote was taken from a Belton ISD press release on Oct 10th.

Even though she didn't win, to be named one of the top 5 school superintendents in Texas is quite an honor and GE is no doubt very proud of his mom. She seems like a cool lady. :D

4. Jacquie

Thanks for the update wlk68. She does seem better cool. I would also think just being nominated would be a honour. I hope GE gives her a big hug when he sees her next.

eta For those that didn't see George on The Late Late show 4 weeks ago CBS is rerunning the show tonight. :)

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Since you are all close to the 1000 posts mark, I have already pm'd someone to start another one (as we randomly do), I am awaiting an answer, until the new thread is started this will keep going. Also The name will not be changing just the number. ;)

We know you are interested in the "Timeline" thread that you were able to discuss the episodes, thing is it wasn't fair to the other "Actor/Characters". So we figured that 2 threads dedicated to the "Actor/Characters (discussion & Picture) was not only better but fair. You all are already discussing eps in this thread so it wouldn't be a major change.

6. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

You beat me to it! lol I was going to post the same thing. Don't want to miss seeing George again! :)

I read the previous posts about George when he was younger and I had no idea. Very scary indeed. No one should have to go through something like that. I guess thankfully he knew how to handle a gun and scare that bad guy away.

7. Jacquie

It's party time people. Thread 5 is now up and running. :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.