Texan Charm-a Nick/George Dicussion Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we wanted to do a "picture" idea, I have a computer program that can make a slide show of all the pictures. It could be one big one, or several smaller ones. I can even post it on the web so that everyone that wants to see it can. I can add mp3 music from the different places. Then we can send him a DVD of the slideshow. It will be in Windows Media Viewer so the chances of him not being able to view it are rather slim. Just an idea. I kind of like the idea of the pictures from all over the world too.

*Thwack* with the nice, big, soft pillow back to elsie . :)

Softcake , my family has had several guinea pigs over the years, the silliest one was named "Orville" because she would jump up, squeak, and turn all in one jump and we thought it was funny :lol:(Orville Redenbacher is the brand name of pop corn here in America)

softcake_70 said:
Well, football... It's not very popular in Germany. Soccer is our game... But I do watch NFL Europe once in a while, and sometimes I even understand why there's a huge pile of padded guys on the field :D

Soccer is football in my world. But last year my Dad tried to explain NFL to me, it's just like rugby. ;)

Everyone is coming up with great suggestions for the fan project. Any ideas for narrowing them down? I think we need a plan for the start of the new year because time can go by surprisingly fast...

*Thwacks Amy, softcake, Jacquie, CathStokes and OnlyTruth and anyone else who is lurking* :lol:

*rises from the pile of pillows, spits out feathers (thanks Destiny!) and THWACKS all of you now the I have energy!!!*

Ahh...much better. Thanks for letting me "have" Nick for 12 hours of much needed sleep! :D

I'm liking the travel idea not just because I suggested it some of it. Amy came up with the thought. :). I don't think we need to go to high tech here. If we gave George individual pics I think they would be more personal even though the writing may not be in our own hand writing. That's assuming we do it by hand. allmaple have you heard from Destiny on whether we can do this or not? :)

Uses new yellowed coloured goose feater pillow and smacks SparkyGirl :)

Heads up GE Project Announcement

Tally & Myself have discussed this, we have agreed to allow you to do this BUT, there are some stipulations to doing this.

-First: we ask that it remain simple, figure out who will all be in charge (no more then 2 people), and what you will be sending (remember to have backup).

-Second: we are asking that you all keep safe by not giving out your Physical addresses, see if this can be done via Email, the reason is because there are minors on the board, some don't like to give out that info, and the overall safety of each of you. While we can't stop you in private from doing this we are just asking/suggesting you not.

-Third: Any money exchanged something else we do not suggest, I am sure there are ways to do this so that its free, BUT should you do so you are responsible/liable for any money that is exchanged and not the moderators or the board.

Fineally, you are doing this at your discreation, and legally TallyHo, Myself, or The CSIfiles Site is not a participant, responsible or liable for anything having to do with this project, while we monitor the board we reserve the right to terminate it on the board or ask that it be move to another place if it looks like it is violating any of the board rules.

If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to pm us, note the rules/suggestions above are subject to change and good luck. Please let us know the two people who will be in charge of this so we know who to contact if we need to.

Thank-you!

Now that we have permission to do the fan project who is doing it? As Elsie said time is fast approaching. We need to find out who to contact on George's side to make this work. Since allmaple was the first to suggest this idea I think she needs to be the one to say she's in or out. I will certainly volunteer my time and any other effort to make this work.

Thanks for the information Destiny .

I agree with Jacquie , we should wait for allmaple and see where to go from there. And further to Destiny 's comments it is probably worth looking back through all the suggestions so far and seeing which of the ideas could fit with the stipulations. :) If maple is up for it then I second Jacquie and maple as organisers, unless you don't want to of course. ;)

Hey I'm up to the challenge so we can show George our appreciation for him. I'm sure there is an easier way of doing this but here are the ideas we have talked about since this was first discussed on the 14th.

-dog figurines
-dog toys
-donation to a charity
-bows
-golf balls and golf tees
-message scrolls tied with ribbons
-special song from each of us burned onto a cd
-surf board with our names on it
-anchor above srcolls to golf tees
-Dallas Cowboy jersey with our signatures
-minature Cowboy's jersey from each of us
-Don't mess with Texas t-shirt
-guitar picks with messages from each of us
-something from our respective residences
-pic from our community where we live with 40 word comment
-pic idea burned onto a cd with music for a slide show

As Destiny said we should have a main idea with a back up plan. Once we decide we should probably start a new thread for this as there maybe more fans who want to join in but don't visit this thread. We should try to keep it simple so it's easy for everyone to participate in and is easy for the 2 organizers :)

Hy guys

thanks Destiny for information and thanks so much
for your working and listing the proposition Jacquie ;) should we now give points what the best gift? and than the most thing get the gift what sending to George? We must 2 of them think about his dog Maverick :)

I think the sooner we get this going the better. So I think just let us know your top 2 ideas and then the two with the most points wins. And don't worry Stoky we won't forget Maverick. I know a great little store where we can get something free for Maverick. :) I hope this make sense as I need to leave to go to above said store

And don't worry Stoky we won't forget Maverick. I know a great little store where we can get something free for Maverick. I hope this make sense as I need to leave to go to above said store
nice Jacquie :) my problem is, how i can pay?

Wow, Jacquie thanks for that list.
Personally I think we shouldn't do something that involves sending stuff around, like D already pointed it out. We should do something "digital" so everybody can be a part of it.
I still have to think about which idea I like best :)

i like all the santa pets ladies, tres cute :D
im trying to figure out the logistics of sending george something from all of us. we have D and Tallys blessing but lets still not get our hopes up til all the details are nailed down.
i dont mind collecting things, but if you want to do a picture/music cd i cant put that together but Amy was kind enough to offer. everything needs to be sent by email like Destiny said. so written wishes, pictures, or music files can be sent. if you want written messages and pictures i could put them together in a book with some decorations.

Stokydream said:
And don't worry Stoky we won't forget Maverick. I know a great little store where we can get something free for Maverick. I hope this make sense as I need to leave to go to above said store
nice Jacquie :) my problem is, how i can pay?

Stoky you don't need to worry about paying. The dog toy will be my treat. My husband and I own a pet food store and I think I can figure out a way for the store to donate a toy. Dog toys here are not expensive. :)

*waves*

I know I don't participate much here...I usually just lurk…(sorry about that) but I had an idea I thought I would put out.

What if people sent postcards from their home town or area with nice short personal Birthday wishes on the back?

We could send them to one person to collect then send on to George.

Postcards don't cost as much and we could put them in an envelope to they wouldn’t be post-marked or have the address we send them to on it.

I don't know how much it would cost but perhaps someone could rent a PO box for say a month or something...then anyone who wants to participate could send the card there to be collected by someone.

allmaple, you said you were willing to put something in a book...maybe this would help with that, keep things sort of uniform and also would allow George to read the personal Birthday wishes without it being too overwhelming or something.

Best part is it keeps cost down all around. We have members from all over the world, but all we will have to pay is the cost of a regular envelope holding the postcard to where ever it will be sent.

The post cards let George see just how far-reaching his fanbase is, while also allowing us to give him a small, personal Birthday greeting. You can’t write much on the back of one so the messages would be more manageable for him to read.

Also for those of use who don't have scanners and therefore can't send a picture via e-mail it gives us a way to be included.

Maybe we could do both? Those who can send it via e-mail could do it that way and those of us who can't do that could send a postcard?

Hope that made some sense!

If someone suggested this and I missed it, I'm sorry. I've been trying to keep up with all the posts but missed some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back