Texan Charm-a Nick/George Dicussion Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
allmaple said:

i wish some of georges earlier work were available to see. and no! not just because he was in such low budget projects he didnt get to wear clothes! :p :lol: it would be interesting to see how hes grown as an actor. what? whys everybody laughing!!

No wonder you have the title of Saucy Minx. With comments like that you get us all thinking the wrong way and land us in trouble. :D

I like Tom Selleck when he did Magnum PI. He looked better with the mustache than without. He was also good in Three Men and a Baby.

i thought it was the most perfect title i could pick for myself :D
the thing is, when my dad had a moustache he was kind of a mix of tom selleck and the guy who played victor on the young and the restless :eek: when i was little and my grandma was over watching that show i started crying because i thought it was my dad :lol:
i think thats one of the resasons nicks stache was so unappealing to me. scruff? hot! moustache and goatee? hot! just stache? no thanks :p

allmaple said:
it would be interesting to see how hes grown as an actor. what? whys everybody laughing!!

I actually laughed out loud at that comment. Had to make quick excuse when my boss asked what was so funny. :lol:

Yes, scruff is good, but I think clean shaven will always work best for me. The moustache is er interesting, but you know allmaple that girls always fall for men that remind them of their father (apparantly, not convinced personally, although my Dad does like Texas and really wants some cowboy boots....) :lol:

Anyway, I have now offered to 'kitten sit' for my Dad when he goes away in December. That way I will get to look after two really beautiful little kittens and borrow his TV to watch Evel on... :D

you see, i was all over any guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, then johnny depp and george came along and ive done a 180 :lol: have fun with the kitties. but remember, most cats dont like water so they probably shouldnt be in the room when you watch evel for the first time, its impossible to control the drool :p

allmaple you are too funny, you Saucy Minx! I'm sure had clothes to wear earlier in his carrer. But I kinda like the idea of him not having a shirt! Hmmm....what warm thoughts zing around my ever so befuddled mind.

Elsie, kitties like to drool too. I'm sure you all will enjoy drooling although for different reasons! Besides you can express your emotions while watching George in Evel knowing that the kitties could be thinking the same thing too. I'm sure Evel's hair would be more interesting to them. Nice cushy place to have a nice nap. I'm sure all of you could share! :D And kitties never tell your secrets!

Jaquie, I thought my mom was going wet her pants laughing! There is something distinctive about the taste of cat treats. :lol: I could have used Nick to help me figure out how the whole thing happened! (well...he could have a laugh too and make me feel better!)

allmaple said:
you see, i was all over any guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, then johnny depp and george came along and ive done a 180 :lol:

Hahaha, I'm still for the blonde haired, blue-eyed boys (Hayden Christensen), but I can relate a little bit more to George...I think it's the fact we're from the same area...

Well I finally did it. I ordered a copy of The Spring. I figured why what for Christmas. I look at as an early birthday gift to myself as that day is less than 2 months away.

That's the right attitude, Jacquie! ;) Why wait for George when you can have him right now? :devil: Hope you'll tell us how you liked the movie.

I was going to wait to ask for the season 6 dvd's for Christmas, but then I said "nope...I need to see my boy NOW!"

I think the trick with "The Spring" is to approach it with really, really low expectations! :lol: It's not very good at all... but I found no fault with George in the movie, regardless. And he looks good. :D

Yepp, Baba you're right. After 20 minutes I had a feeling how this would end... :) But George, he looked mighty fine in it! Was worth sitting through the rest of the movie. Though I don't mean to spoil the fun for Jacquie ;)

softcake you and i have an appreciation for the cheese factor :lol: the spring was so cheesey but george was so perfect. its a guilty pleasure that you throw on just for the eye candy. although i have to admit, georges acting was a little off in the movie. maybe they just wanted all the acting to be bad so he had to hold himself back :lol:
speaking of cheese, george is great in a comedic role. even though he is kind of a jerk/sleezey guy in savannah they gave him some witty lines and he pulls it off very well. i was laughing a lot. from the clips ive seen of just a walk in the park i think he was like that too (except minus the jerk part) as much as some people hate them, i think our boy would do really well in romantic comedies. just so long as he doesnt end up playing the exact same role in dozens of movies *cough*hughgrant*cough* :D

If you want a really good example of how much GE has grown in the acting department, rent (don't buy) Dust to Dust. The entire move is really bad. But you do get a real sense of how GE has changed in his acting ability. You don't even have to see the whole movie. Oh a warning!!! don't expect a plot, any good acting from anyone (don't say I didn't worn you) or even much entertainment. It was filmed about the first year or two that GE was in CA, it does give a good before and after shot though. Let's just say GE did not get the part of Nick by someone watching that movie.

is that the one where he had a goofy wig on and was supposed to be a native american? i bet i can figure out what that ones like :lol: i think you deserve a medal for trying to watch it.
i think he just needed someone to take a chance on him, and give him a good role. example: strange luck, acting was horrible, first two episodes of savannah kind of bad but not horrible. but when they brought him back for the second season he was so fun to watch. and we all know what end of the acting scale hes on now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back