Tennis

Hormiga said:
Today Nadal plays with Moyá on the Master Series Roma.
More info about him here.

That's an interesting first round match.
I just read an interview with Feds that annoyed me, he talked about his lefty coach and how he would help him beat Rafa. First of, Rafa is not just a lefty but a great player on clay, something that just comes natural to him. Secondly, can't Feds, for once, just admit that somebody is better then him? It's not like Rafa would beat him everywhere but he is the better player on clay. He sounded like a two year old with his, "I'm going to train with my coach and then I''ll beat him," speech.
Sorry, the guy just buggs me :lol: :lol:

Rafa won his first round against Moya in 3 sets today in Rome :D.
Secondly, can't Feds, for once, just admit that somebody is better then him? It's not like Rafa would beat him everywhere but he is the better player on clay. He sounded like a two year old with his, "I'm going to train with my coach and then I''ll beat him," speech.
Sorry, the guy just buggs me
yes i totally agree: Federer is number 1, of course a bit proud and he has trouble in beating Rafa (even off clay).He's really irritating sometimes but nevertheless he's a great player.

Rafa beat Moya in Italy!!! Sweet! Are any of the Americans in the tourney?

Oh, and did anyone see ANY of the Fed Cup? I have to say, US' roster isn't quite what I expected. Where did they all go?

kimi said:
Federer is number 1, of course a bit proud and he has trouble in beating Rafa (even off clay).He's really irritating sometimes but nevertheless he's a great player.

He is a fantastic player, I saw him win the tournament in Rotterdam last year and in those five matches it became clear that he is at his own level. He is terrific. It's not him as a tennis player that bugs me, it's him as a person. He used to be a sweet, humble guy and somewhere along the way...he lost that. He is one of the best players ever but, in my opinion, not one of the modest.

Joy22 said
It's not him as a tennis player that bugs me, it's him as a person. He used to be a sweet, humble guy and somewhere along the way...he lost that. He is one of the best players ever but, in my opinion, not one of the modest.

Yes, i couldn't agree more...

Ok, the second round matches in Rome are being played today. I'm excited, Rafa is playing and of course my own personal sweetheart, Nalbandian! I seem to be his only fan but I really adore him :D
Can't wait for the matches to be played today.

He definitely lost his mojo. :lol:

But yeah, I had high hopes for him, especially after he won the US Open, but playing on clay is hard for him, so as long as he's making an effort to improve, I still love rooting for him!

He definitely lost his mojo.

:lol: :lol: LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol:

....I was looking for a Nadal-Roddick match, but... too bad. Hopefully, Andy can put his game back together for the grasscourt season. Can't wait.

Nadal beat Federer again and won Rome Masters title and tie Guillermo Vilas' record of 53 match winning streak on clay in the Open era. :D

epa12ylbY_20060512.jpg

Hormiga said:
Nadal beat Federer again

I love that sentence :D :lol:
I must say, my respect for Rafa is growing and growing. I never doubted that he was good but he is still only 19 years old and the fact that he can remain so calm while hwe breaks record after record...The kid is a genius.

I watched the Nadal-Federer match, and it was a thriller. I thought Federer was going to win at one point when he had those Championship Points but he didn't. And Rafa just kept his cool and played awesome-ly. :D He's great!

Yeah,it was a thrilling match and quite long (5 hours :eek:)...i spent all my sunday afternoon watching it :).
Both Federer and Nadal withdrew yesterday from the masters series of Hamburg(Federer was the defending champion).They really deserve a rest before the French Open.

kimi said:
Both Federer and Nadal withdrew yesterday from the masters series of Hamburg(Federer was the defending chamion).They really deserve a rest before the French Open.

They do, I wonder who's going to win this one now. Since Nalbandian is also not there, that leaves a pretty open field with the world top three absent. This is going to be interesting.

Back