Tennis

Nadal,what class!A bit weird nonetheless,we're so used to seeing him wearing his 'pirate pants' but it suits him :D.

As for Marat,he often gets the match under control and suddenly I don't know what is going on in his mind(and I'm not sure HE knows himself), maybe fear of winning or lack of concentration.I'm really keen on seeing him moving on a tennis court.What makes me laugh is when he starts speaking in russian on the court,it's not a good sign.
As I can see,there's no big fan of Federer here...yeah it's quite boring,Federer here and Federer there.As a Frenchwoman, I support my fellow countrymen but unfortunately they don't really 'sparkle' so i fall back on other players:Safin,Nadal,Roddick,Nalbandian and Baghdatis.

Joy22 you don't want Federer to win but I read an interview of him and Roland Garros is his aim for this season :rolleyes:

kimi said:
Joy22 you don't want Federer to win but I read an interview of him and Roland Garros is his aim for this season :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, Federer doesn't really listen to me, does he? :lol: I can understand that he wants to win it because it's the only one he hasn't got but personally I don't want him to win it. The reason is a bit crazy though, I don't want him to win Roland Garros because Sampras never did either :lol: I was a big Pete fanatic and I guess the thing that buggs me the most about Federer is the fact that people already say he's better. I still think he should prove that be staying on top for the same amount of time and breaking Pete's record.
Anyway, I almost forgot, I like Grosjean too. He's one of my favorites.

Joy22 said:
I don't want him to win Roland Garros because Sampras never did either :lol: I was a big Pete fanatic and I guess the thing that buggs me the most about Federer is the fact that people already say he's better.

I really loved Sampras, he was a great player and unfortunately he's never won Roland Garros...cause his game wasn't adaptated to clay in my opinion.Anyway, tennis misses him a lot. Federer well, I'm not fond of him and I'm sick of hearing the commentators flattering him outrageously "oh my god,what a marvellous backhand, what a wonderful player!".It gets on my nerves.I agree he's a great player but there're so many others, right! So you like Grosjean,so do I.But the problem is that the 'froggies' play at home in Paris and they're under pression(Mauresmo is a good example).On one hand the crowd is here for them but on the other one if they get it wrong :mad: :mad:...I let you guess.
ETA:i don't think he's better than Sampras ;)

kimi said:
I really loved Sampras, he was a great player and unfortunately he's never won Roland Garros...cause his game wasn't adaptated to clay in my opinion.

True, his game was not suitable for clay, it's a wonder he managed to win Rome once :lol: He more then made up for it on grass though ;)
Oh, I forgot some French players I also like, of course Grosjean's buddy Clement and good old Santoro. I especially like the latter, seeing him play is wonderful. He truly is a 'Magican.' From the new generation I like Monfils, I'm not such a fan of Gasquet though, I can't explain why. Something about him bugs me.
But still, even with the fact that French players freeze up when they're at Roland Garros it's still better to be French then Dutch when it comes to tennis. Our best tennisplayer right now is Raemon Sluiter, that says it all :lol:

I don't know much about dutch tennis except Richard Krajicek and I'm quite sure he retired.Monfils and Gasquet are budding players, they're too inconstant for the moment.Santoro often drives his opponent crazy with his atypical game.I've just heard that Roddick injured his ankle today so his participation in Roland Garros is doubtful

kimi said:
I've just heard that Roddick injured his ankle today so his participation in Roland Garros is doubtful

That's a pity, I'll miss Roddick. He's not a contender for the title but he's still much fun to watch.
And you know all you need to know about Dutch tennis :lol: There isn't much to know in the first place. :D

Joy22 said:
That's a pity, I'll miss Roddick. He's not a contender for the title but he's still much fun to watch.
And you know all you need to know about Dutch tennis :lol: There isn't much to know in the first place. :D

I'll miss him too :D.I agree that clay isn't his best surface but who knows, he could have made a good tournament.All the players really have to take a rest these next days...hey guys, no injuries till Sunday (and till the end of the Open) right! Federer is already in Paris, I saw him practising on the centre court in the news. Nadal is supposed to arrive on Thursday afternoon.

The thig about Roddick is that as soon as he starts to play well, he gets injured. Story of his life. Sad indeed.

As for Roland Garros, I think Fernando Gonzalez has a pretty good chance. He's been playing really well lately.

CSI3Snickers said:
The thig about Roddick is that as soon as he starts to play well, he gets injured. Story of his life. Sad indeed.

As for Roland Garros, I think Fernando Gonzalez has a pretty good chance. He's been playing really well lately.

Well I'm not sure Roddick likes playing on clay and the French open doesn't agree with him, but if he withdraws it will be a pity.I love Gonzalez but it'll depend on the draws:top seeded players are relatively protected the first two rounds but after...Federer,Nadal,Nalbandian.Last year for example Gasquet was top seeded and he played Nadal on the third round and Gonzalez lost against Federer, bad luck! I've heard that Hewitt is doubtful, it doesn't surprise me at all...when have I seen him playing for the last time? I can't remember :rolleyes:

kimi said:
I've heard that Hewitt is doubtful, it doesn't surprise me at all...when have I seen him playing for the last time? I can't remember :rolleyes:

I don't really care either :lol: I think I actually missed him just last week when I saw he was playing a tournament again. I then realised that I hadn't seen him in ages :D
I agree, Gonzalez could be a contender although he's not good enough to win from either Federer or Nadal but the the rest of the field he can beat on a good day. I think Ferrer can also play a good tournament.

Joy22 said:

I don't really care either :lol: I think I actually missed him just last week when I saw he was playing a tournament again. I then realised that I hadn't seen him in ages :D
I agree, Gonzalez could be a contender although he's not good enough to win from either Federer or Nadal but the the rest of the field he can beat on a good day. I think Ferrer can also play a good tournament.

Anyway I'm not a big fan of Hewitt :D.I agree, there're 7 matches to win the Open and the favorites can have bad days.Everything is possible on one match.Ferrer can play a good tourament, like Ferrero, Robredo, Moya, in fact all the Spanish Armada.For a change, I'm gonna say the players I can't stand, OK here we go: Stepanek(I saw him last year and he set the crowd against him), Coria(it's obvious), Kiefer(each time I see one of his match,he's always groaning,he's a bit like Coria).

I'm with you on a lot of those players. I don't like Coria, for reasons that are obvious and....Eh, well, he's really the only player I really can't stand. There are some that I just don't care about like Hewitt, Stepanek, Agassi ( I know, that's a tennis sin but I can't get myself to like him, I don't hate him either) and Rusedski.

OMG I thought I was the only one who doesn't really like Agassi cause we must admit he's a player beloved by all...almost by all ;).Hewitt and Rusedski, no comment.So and what about the WTA tour, who is interested in feminine tennis?It is said to be less thrilling but there're good matches nevertheless.

kimi said:
So and what about the WTA tour, who is interested in feminine tennis?It is said to be less thrilling but there're good matches nevertheless.

I like some players like Clijsters and Davenport but overall I'm not a real fan. I watch some matches but compared to the amount of time that I watch men's tennis it's really peanuts.

PS: I can't believe you agree with me on Agassi. I think you're the first ever to agree with me. I love you already :lol:

Joy22 said:
I watch some matches but compared to the amount of time that I watch men's tennis it's really peanuts.

PS: I can't believe you agree with me on Agassi. I think you're the first ever to agree with me. I love you already :lol:

Like you, I watch much more men's tennis...but we have a world number one Mauresmo(it's a bit unhoped-for so I support her and Justine Henin...in fact all the French speaking players :devil:.)No,I'm not chauvinist :D or just a little bit ;).And YES I do agree with you on Agassi! Finally someone who shares my opinion.Thanks! All the people I know love him uh except me...I feel a bit lonely :rolleyes: but not anymore :D

Back