Teamleader

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ComicCollect_NL, Oct 10, 2010.

?

New teamleader for Vegas

Poll closed Jan 8, 2011.
  1. Raymond Langstrom

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Nick Stokes

37 vote(s)
    74.0%
  3. Greg Sanders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sara Sidle

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. A new teamleader

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I am aware of that. (I have a pretty strong memory when it comes to CSI.) Out of those choices though, I think John Malkovich would have fit in better.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's great and your opinion but the top suits thought different and choose LF, who I think as they thought and was at the "top of my dream list" :bolian:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought the response was about who someone wanted to see as a the new team leader and not about who was the "top choice" to replace WP. :rolleyes:

Personally I'd probably watch more often if Malkovich were to enter as the new leader. Or I agree with another woman too. Anyone except Ray, really. He's supposed to be the "newbie" and he already goes beyond those boundaries too much as it is. If he were named the new leader of the lab I'd probably never watch again.

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

It's a shame that Sela Ward got snatched up by New York. She's got class and I think she would have brought something different to the team. I could see her in a leadership position alongside Nick.

(Note: I actually haven't seen her on NY yet. I bet she's good though)

5. Desertwind

She's fantastic, a little bit snarky, smart, funny and fits in perfectly with the whole team and she's very pretty. And LF has been on the show since S/9, and is hardly a "newbie". He would be a perfect leader as he was at his former position. When a person leaves a job as a high ranking executive, and joins a new organization they come in at that high level job, not as a flunkie, but is hired at a top prestigious level, matching their former position, and that's where he is. But, Nick has the senority & I do think, that he has the savvy & the backbone and knows all the ropes and would be a great boss.

6. PerfectAnomaly

But LF didn't join the lab as an equal level executive. He joined the lab as a CSI, which is not an executive position, and didn't have the first clue how to do any of the jobs or how the lab ran. He was a newbie at the lab despite being high ranking at his last job. He did a complete career change that required a whole new skill set he didn't have coming into the job. To level him up to the head of the lab after only a couple of years would be ridiculous.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Langston wasn't working at police department or a crime lab prior to him joining the team. He was a professor at a college, teaching about killers. In no way whatsoever does that give him the right to join the lab at a "prestigious" level.

Also, in response to your post from earlier. Both John Malkovich, Kurt Russell, and Laurence Fishburne were at the top of TPTB's list. They were content with getting Fishburne, but either of the three would've been a fine fit for the show (I tend to disagree, Fishburne is not doing anything for me, but I digress).

8. Desertwind

He was also a quick study and learned fast from Nick [fingerprints and black powder] and all of them, even staying after hours working to learn. He's intellectual and has caught up to par with them. They are all proud to have him with them, Not my opinion a fact. If watching the episodes they've all embraced him and are in awe of him and visa-versa. I still think Nick would be the one to be in charge if it comes to that;)

9. PerfectAnomaly

He fits in well, but I would hardly say everyone is "in awe" of him. :rolleyes: Yeah, he learned how to do the jobs and is good at them. I'd be really worried about him staying on the team if he didn't. But the point of this thread isn't to highlight how awesomesauce Ray is. It's about who should be the supervisor after Catherine leaves. I don't think someone who's only done the job for two years should leap frog everyone else and be in charge.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly. Grissom didn't 'leap frog' into the position and neither did Catherine. They both had years and years under their belt before any promotions. It's been ten years for Nick and when CSI started he was already a Level 2 and had a couple of years under his belt.

So no, two years is not enough to be made the Supervisor; maybe an assistant supervisor, but not a supervisor.

And it still doesn't change the fact that Langston has issues he majorly needs to deal with before he can be charge of the CSIs and that's a fact!!!!!!

Nick will the supervisor because it's not only the logical choice, but he has the skills needed and has shown again and again that he can lead. He's not perfect (either was Grissom or is Catherine), no one is, but he will make a great supervisor.

11. Desertwind

Ah, but they are all in awe of him if you've watched all the YouTube videos, with all of them. Marg on 'The View" raving about him. "He's awesome and amazing and "and is class act" Jorja: "I was shaking when he walked on the set" and their eye-contact, went on way too long, and she laughed, and "I looked into his soul and saw nothing but kindness" George "what a joy it is working with him" Eric as well, how "It is a pleasure to have him on CSI"? why is this important? Because on being a leader the team has to have respect and honor their leader. I'm sure that some will say that CBS told them to say those things, but they all say something different and they are actors but they all seemed genuine and it was very authentic. Now they all feel that way about Nicky too as it should be, but on the "character development" this man has come a long way~

12. PerfectAnomaly

We were talking about Ray, not LF. The two are not the same. I'm sure they were in a bit of awe over LF. He's a tremedous actor with an impressive resume. But that has nothing to do with Ray and his qualifications for the supervisory position. :wtf:

13. Desertwind

I was talking about both, one the actor, and one the character, when they were raving about him, they were thrilled that he was coming on as Dr. Langston. I meant that if he became the supervisor DR. RAY they would be as happy as clams in sea water. I highly doubt this will happen but with CSI, one never knows~

14. PerfectAnomaly

Sorry. I guess I assumed you were talking about the character in a thread that is about the characters and not the actors. Silly me.

And I highly doubt the other characters would be happy about the low man on the totem poll senority wise being named the boss after they've been there for over a decade. If Ray were to become the supervisor and everyone was OK with that it would be very unrealistic, IMO.

15. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

:guffaw:This thread cracks me up.

Oh, and Nick. Obvious/only choice. Not that I'll be watching, cause when Marg exits, Stage Left, I'll be going with her.