Teamleader

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ComicCollect_NL, Oct 10, 2010.

?

New teamleader for Vegas

Poll closed Jan 8, 2011.
  1. Raymond Langstrom

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Nick Stokes

37 vote(s)
    74.0%
  3. Greg Sanders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sara Sidle

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. A new teamleader

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'll agree with this. I myself do not know if he's leadership material. As Smokey said in her post, we infer want we want. I would like to see him try. Doesn't mean he'll succeed, but trying never hurts. (Well it can, but that's a different issue... :lol:) And I don't take it as a jab to the character. You're right. Not everyone is a leader.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My choice would be Nick, he's been around the longest, and has major experience, so he's be great, and he's super with all his peeps. But the writers brought in LF/Ray to replace Grissom who was the former leader, so he with his surpervisory background would also be perfect. It's really up to TPTB. Between those two for me either one would be splendid~

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm with ya! ;)

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Nick would be better supervisor when Catherine leave the show. Sara could be Nick's assi. supervisor if she stay with the show. Greg got a long way to be supervisor, I don't think Greg is a supervisor material. I think Ray like the way is and I don't think he want to be supervisor. I don't trust TPTB one bit.

Nick can handles people and kids and he does listen to them.

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Nick should absolutely take over as supervisor when Catherine leaves. He's assistant supervisor now, and there was no question of then-assistant Catherine taking over when Grissom left.. so why should it be any different now? He definitely has the qualities of a good leader, as others have already said.

Greg did show initiative and maturity (and compassion) in No Way Out, with the boy's father, as well as with the events following Fannysmackin'. He's got a fairly well-balanced personality - just very extroverted and fun-loving. While Sara does have more experience than him, she's also very driven (maxing out on overtime, "too tired" to go home in Shock Waves), which may not be the best quality in a supervisor.

If Ray got a handle on his temper, I may be able to accept him as assistant supervisor, since he does have a background in criminalistics (just not so much field experience). I would not want to see him become Nick's boss though. I would still rather see Greg, or even Sara, in that position - but I could at least understand the behind-the-scenes reasoning for promoting Ray.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Nick is definitely the obvious choice given he is the assistant right now. Either him or someone new a la Sela Ward in CSI NY.

Ray: I really can not see how they could jump him over all the others given he is the one with least field and CSI overall experience. Plus all the rest outrank him. So that would definitely fall under jumping the shark for me.

Sara: I just don't see her handling well the responsabilities and the pressure that the job demands. I've always seen her as one who cracks under pressure. Even more after she left because she burned out (given she had a lunatic kidnap her and leave her for dead, but still). But if they decided on her then Jorja would have to decide on being a regular again.

Greg: Just like I don't see Ray jumping over all the rest, I don't see Greg jumping over Nick and Sara. Plus I just think there's a lot of experience and maturity that he still needs before assuming a position like this one. In no way do I see him at the same level as Catherine or Grissom in maturity, experience, and leadership capabilities. Which is not to say that he'll never get there, but I do think he still needs time.

However, I'm hoping with everything I've got that Marg changes her mind and decides to stay :).

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I would have to agree with this. Nick for me would be the logical choice. And I think the compassion he possesses would be a positive and not a hindrance. Not saying that the others couldn't prove us wrong, but with what we know of the others to this point, neither would be fully suited for the position.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I completely disagree. Yes, he has been a follower in a lot of episodes but that is also because he was at the bottom of the ladder and did not want to overstep his bounds. But he has often been able to stand up for what he believes in and that is the sign of a leader.

I think in "No Way Out" he sort of took on a leadership role when it came to dealing with the Ray/Riley situation in the basement. The whole way he took the high road in dealing with the Aaron James issues also shows his potential for making the right choices which would make him a good leader. Just because he has not really been able to show he can lead (and that is the writers fault) does not mean would not be perfectly capable of it. And in maturity, he has grown a lot in that since he has been on the show. And honestly, if maturity matters that much, I don't know how half the managers I know got to where they are. :lol:

I personally think he would be better than Sara just because she can be somewhat unstable in her decision making.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Supervisor: Nick Stokes (duh! :lol:) Yes he's emotional but who isn't especially with kids as victims? I think he would be a great leader.

Asst. Supervisor: Sara Sidle-Grissom or if she decides to leave, bring in an experienced new lady investigator a la NY. As a previous poster said, Lauren Holly would be great. She did a very good job in a Flashpoint episode recently. Plus she looks like Marg! :D

But I'm still hoping Catherine will stay.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't want Greg to jump in and be lead supervisor when Cath leaves. If Sara stays full time she should be Nick's assistant supervisor, if she doesn't stay full time then Greg should be the assistant supervisor. That's all there is to it. I don't think anyone's saying that Greg should leapfrog over Sara and Nick to become lead. At least I'm not saying that. I don't think anyone should be allowed to leapfrog over anyone else. It should go in order of time served as a CSI. Another other way would just be inappropriate in my opinion. Sara and/or Greg should get some experience as assistant supervisor (like Nick is getting) before tackling lead supervisor.

And again, if Nick happened to turn down the lead supervisor job then they should bring in someone who was a lead supervisor in another crime lab to be LV's new supervisor. I would love to see Lauren Holly play the character. I can't really think of anyone else at the moment who would fit in with the other characters like she would. I can already see the cast picture in my mind (with Holly) and it actually looks really good. :)

I still don't want Marg to leave this year because I'm not sure the show could survive it. Yes, it survive Grissom leaving, but its ratings have still never fully recovered. And I'm not sure what losing both of the original leads would do to the show to be honest. It scares me quite frankly lol.

11. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

It's like a two edged sword. You can't be too empathic or too cold-hearted. I would just worry that when the job got tough Nick would become overly emotional. If it wasn't for Grissom to calm him down in Grave Danger, Nick would have freaked out and probably would have hurt himself much more than he already was. Nick needs a strong hand to guide him. Afterall, remember the silk, silk, silk riddle in Evaluation Day?
    Maybe it's just me but Nick seems like a great guy to work behind the scenes. That's not a bad thing. Not everyone can be a leader.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nick does not need a strong hand to guide him. He has dealt with a ton of tough cases and didn't get emotional about it.

Really can't believe you showing Grave Danger as an example. That man is buried alive for nearly 24-hours, being eaten alive by red ants, how do you expect him to be? Calm, cool, and collected? Would you?

As for the riddle, nearly everyone gets that wrong when the first hear it. I did. That has nothing to do with his ability to be a leader. Nick stopped his 'hero worship' of Grissom and became the great CSI he is now, despite how awful Grissom treated him at times.

And you're comparing to how Nick was at the beginning and not looking at the Nick he is now. In the beginning Nick was 'green' and a 'little naive', which probably has more to do with his upbringing. There is a reason why Grissom called Nick his best student. He stopped seeking Grissom's approval during 'Evaluation Day' and Grissom did recommend him for "lead CSI".

Again, emotions have nothing to do with being a good leader and Nick has shown again and again how good a leader he is, otherwise Catherine wouldn't have promoted him.

If emotions is what determined a good leader than no one would be able to lead. I've been a manager so I know what it takes to be a leader.

So yes, not everyone can be a leader, but Nick can. So could Sara, so could have Warrick. Langston could too, but that wouldn't be right. People are not promoted to supervisors/managers because they're next in line or by senority. It doesn't work that way.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Agreed. When Grissom asked what cows drink, my mind immediately went to baby cows WHO DO DRINK MILK lol. So technically, Nick could have been right in that respect. While grown cows drink water, baby cows drink their mothers' milk. And if I had been Nick in that instant, I would have pointed that out. And you know what else? Thinking that way is thinking outside of the box which is sometimes a very needed skill as a CSI (because sometime the evidence is in the least likely of places).

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You are absolutely right! :)

15. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I think Nick is the next logical choice. He's bee there the longest compared to the others and is often in a leadership position at the crime scenes. If Ray became the new teamleader it wouldn't make any sense for the show or the character.